Menu

Shoes - How many pairs do you own?

I grew up wearing zorries - when they tore, I went to Thrifty's and bought a new $1.99 pair. For PE I wore cheap Vans. So I never gave much thought to shoes and never paid more than the latest sale at PayLess - 2 for 1.

Until this winter, I discovered quality snow boots. Then the hive-mind told me about Keens, Naots, Finn Comfort and Dansko - now I NEVER want to go back to cheap shoes!

So how many pairs is enough?

Hiking

Walking/Pilates

Dress Formal

Dress Sunday

Summer Sandals

Non-sneakers to wear with pants

Snow

Seven?

How many do you all own?

Um, I have 7 pair of sandals alone :o

2 pair of dressy boots

1 pair of sneakers

1 pair of black heels

1 pair of white heels (that have only been worn three times-each on Easter)

3? pair of cheap-o flip-flops that I wear to the pool

*Edited to add* Just got in my closet to get sandals for Mass tonight...forgot I had 2 pair of Ballet Flats as well. Also found a pair of Birkenstocks and a pair of open heeled Keds.

And I am looking for another pair of dressy but with a nice heel sandal for Easter this year. Yes, I am addicted to sandals :o

Edited by Mom2J112903

Hm...

I have two pair of heels -- one casual, strappy pair in red and one more formal black pair.

Two pair of running shoes.

A pair of Keens for every day.

A pair of boots.

A pair of flipflops.

And a pair of rain boots my MIL gave me.

That's eight, and I tend to think of myself as WAAAY down on the scale of "shoes:women"... ;)

You can never have too many shoes ;) I would say I have about 25 and that's only because I had to give a whole bunch away because my feet got bigger after this last pregnancy. This year I got new Ugg boots and 3 new Dansko, so I haven't gotten any new shoes recently. I am itching for a pair of nude colored heels :tongue_smilie:

I have more shoes than I have ever had in my life: 7 pairs

Black casual

Brown casual

Black dress

Nude dress

Black sandals

Brown sandals

Running shoes

I share most of them with my oldest dd. We decided to combine our shoe wardrobes so that we could have more. :)

Edited by angela in ohio

Sneakers

1 pair decent sneakers (I try to keep one pair nice for running errands)

1 pair "farm" sneakers (an old pair for when we plan to get muddy)

1 pair "lawn mowing" sneakers (an old pair that is stained green because I am the one who mows the lawn) :D

Casual/Dress Shoes

1 pair flat black shoes

1 pair flat tan shoes

Boots

1 pair black snow boots

Sandals

0 sandals :crying: (I wish I had a comfortable, affordable pair of brown leather summer sandals) -- What do you all recommend for a FLAT (I've had foot surgery) leather sandal that provides decent support? I can't wear the kind with a strap between my big toe and the next toe (drives me crazy). What's a good supportive sandal that doesn't look too clunky on a big, clunky foot? LOL.

My feet feel better when I wear decent shoes, but if I lived in a warm state or country, I probably would be barefoot 90% of the time. I love to walk around with bare feet. :seeya:

Edited by Sahamamama

I have ten. (I'm actually surprised I have that many.)

1 pair dressy boots

2 pairs summery dress shoes

2 pairs wintery dress shoes

1 pair hiking/ work boots

2 pairs flip flops

1 pair sneakers

1 pair birkenstocks (which I'll live in from now through about October)

I love shoes and never have less than about 50 pairs. Cheaper shoes hurt my feet so I buy good-quality shoes. I've actually downsized my shoe collection, it was once well over 100 pairs.

My kids have less shoes than I do but they usually have 10-15 pair at any given time.

I love shoes and never have less than about 50 pairs. Cheaper shoes hurt my feet so I buy good-quality shoes. I've actually downsized my shoe collection, it was once well over 100 pairs.

My kids have less shoes than I do but they usually have 10-15 pair at any given time.

Curious - How do you store them?

Curious - How do you store them?

I have them in a closet sitting on shelves. I also have some in my RV closet. I keep most of my dress shoes in their boxes so I stack them. Boots and casual shoes sit on the shelves since I wear them more.

I have a pair of running sneakers, plus my old pair of running sneakers that I keep for dirty jobs. (my new are Asics, my old are NB)

For winter: 1 brown pair of slip ons (Joseph Seibel), 1 black pair (Bass), plus a pair of snow mocs (Bean), and 1 pair of knit boots (that was a treat this winter, got them at LL Bean), I also have a pair of Born brown low cut boots.

For summer: My Keens. I wear them all of the time. They will be 3 years old this summer.

I have a pair of Mary Jane flats to dress up (Born), and a pair of black Mary Jane pumps (Clark's, for anytime of year) and a pair of dressy patent leather black pumps (Anne Klein ?? I think. Had to buy for a wedding).

I also have a pair of hiking boots, and Crocs for by the pool (I don't care for them, my mom got them for me, I unsure what the big deal was about them).

I'm planning on buying a pair of black casual sandles this summer. I try and buy 1 pair of shoes a year, sometimes 2 (1 in spring/summer, 1 in fall/winter).

I have become a bit of a shoe snob. I will not buy cheap shoes anymore. I always wait until the shoe I want is on clearance, or I get them as gifts for Christmas or birthdays.

Some of the shoes I have listed of a few years old. I wear them until they are done.

So all in all it looks like 13 shoes/boots, including my old and new running shoes.

1 pair good sneakers

1 pair old muddy sneakers

1 pair hiking boots

1 pair black flats

1 pair black heels

1 pair black stiletto sandals

1 pair brown flats

1 pair brown heels

1 pair white stiletto sandals

1 pair silver dress sandals

1 pair house slippers (but I really don't count these as shoes since I don't wear them outside).

Without looking (I will forget a few)

4 pairs of heals (black/white strappy summer, black/ brown winter)

4 leather boots (2xblack, brown, camel)

1 pair Mary Janes with heals

1 pair of snow boots

2 tennis shoes (one for exercise, one for gardening)

3 pair canvas/cotton tie shoes (various brands/styles-purple,blue, black)

1 pair of Born laced loafers (winter style)

3 pair of slip on summer Mary Janes (two leather- summer brown/winter black, one canvas-the have been down graded to gardening shoes)

2 pair of work shoes

1 pair sandles

1 pair hiking shoes

I really didn't realize that I had this many LOL and....to tell the truth, I just got rid of some. LOL

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

If I looked around and got them all in one place, I'm sure I have at least 20 pairs...the majority are from the thrift store, though. I mostly rotate through a few main pairs. I have a pair of Doc Marten mary janes ($5 at the thrift store!) that I wear pretty much whenever they match what I have on, at least in winter. And then a pair of black Vans (from the thrift store!) that I wear a lot. In summer, I mostly do flip flops.

I don't want to actually do inventory, but I'll guesstimate 20-25. :tongue_smilie:

Boots:

1 pair brown leather

1 pair black leather

1 pair rain boots

Flats:

4-5 pairs in various colors

Athletic:

1 pair sneakers

1 pair walking shoes

1 pair running shoes

Dressy:

1 pair low black heels

1 pair high black heels

4-5 pairs of heels in red, tan, brown, and a pattern

Other:

2 pairs flip-flops

2 pairs brown sandals

2 pairs t-strap heels, brown and black (not really dressy - more practical)

I keep this inventory up. If I break a heel or wear out a pair, I replace them. I buy a new pair of brightly colored flats every spring.

I have two pairs of nice sandals (sale at Lands' End), one pair of Ecco sandals, two pairs of dress shoes, one pair of trainers (sneakers) a pair of Ecco shoes, a pair of Ecco lace-up boots, a pair of pull-on Lands' End boots, snow boots, hiking boots, plastic clogs for gardening in summer ... I think that's it. Twelve. Hard to believe. I wouldn't have three pairs of sandals, except that they are left over from Hong Kong, when I lived in sandals. I wear my shoes for a long time.

Laura

Laura

Children grow out of shoes so fast, I minimise the number that they own. Each child currently has trainers (sneakers), leather school shoes, rubber boots, hiking boots. I think that's it.

Laura

I have a pair of heels and a pair of tennis shoes. Currently, I also have a pair of Converse high tops because we splurged for my 80's themed birthday party. During the summer, I usually get a pair of flip flops. I forgot that I have a pair of too-big snow boots.

I have a Morton's Neuroma so I'm pretty limited on what I can wear anyway.

Edited by joannqn

Maybe a dozen, but I only wear two or three of those in a season. I have two pairs of dress shoes that I've worn once each in four years - to my mil's wake and funeral. My husband has more shoes than I do. Seriously.

Edited by Mejane

6 pairs

1 pair of Nike Tennis shoes for everyday wear (If I'm leaving the house)

1 pair of Nike Running shoes for walking on the treadmill

1 pair of Nike Flip Flops to put on quickly when go out for the mail

1 pair of medium heal boots to wear with jeans if I'm going out

1 pair of medium black heals that I only bought for the Ship Holiday party I had to go to.

1 pair of crummy Columbia sandals I need to replace. I miss my ECCOs .

Most of the time I run around bare foot in my house, even to go outside (unless it's cold) because I hate having things on my feet.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one :lol: I confess...in addition to being a 'curriculumoholic', I also am a 'shoeoholic' :tongue_smilie: I just figure you can never have enough books...or shoes. My shoe population is probably at less than 50 right now though....

I have a pair of loafer-type shoes that I've had for at least 15 years and worn maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years.

I have one pair of Asics gel shoes with my custom orthotics that I wear nearly all the time.

I have on pair of Nike shoes with my sports orthotics, but the Asics shoes I have are so much more comfortable that I haven't worn them since I got my new shoes.

I also have one pair of flip flops for those times when I have to have something on my feet but don't have time to dig up my socks and shoes.

I do have socks and shoes on almost all the time because I suffer from plantar fascitis. I'm shoeless for maybe 3 hours/day while I'm awake.

I have 4 prs of slip on sandal type, I bought them in 2002 and they've held up well for being Payless BOGO. I have white, tan, black, and navy. But they have been hurting my heels, so I need something new :( I love I have something for just about whatever I wear :)

I have one pr of black boots for jeans and stuff during winter.

And one pr of tennis shoes :)

I have about 10 or so, but only wear a few of them.

I only wear my

Snowboots (baffin, need nice ones here)

Tevas (cannot live a summer without my Tevas)

tennis shoe (finally found a comfy pair that don't hurt my feet. Columbias)

leather sandal (Borns, the most comfy sandal ever )

Seven?

How many do you all own?

Heh heh heh. I have seven pairs of running shoes! ( I really do)

Regarding "street" shoes...Here's the thing: I buy about 1 (occasionally 2) regular pair of shoes per year...but because they are well-made and I take very good care of them, they last almost forever! I have maybe 20 pair? Including boots, flip-flops, everything but running shoes counted there... And I mean real boots for snow and ice, not fashion boots. But again, these have been amassed over about 15 years.

:thumbup1:

I probably have 12, but truthfully, 9 of them are 15 years old or more. I have about three pair that I really wear daily:

my black snow boots (with the broken zipper)

my black leather boots (with the worn soles)

my black clogs

I will probably get new sandals for summer!

I had to chuckle when I read that you wore zorries in high school. I did too! Not too many people I know have ever even heard of them. :)