Menu

What is the significance of you user name?

I used to listen to Dr. Laura (I grew tired of her after about a month) but it was too late and I had already chosen my user name (people would always call and say Hi, I'm my kids mom....)

I kept it only because it's my username on on other boards and since I can't seem to remember what I had for breakfast most days, I figured I'd keep it ;)

My dh's user name for his boards is Freshcheese :001_huh:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a line from a John Prine song. "I put your mind on a brief vacation, to the Land of the Lost Surprise." I thought it was a lovely metaphor so I re-purposed it when I was looking for a blog name (My blog is The Land of the Lost Surprise). It seems like having children is a process of re-living and learning things from their viewpoint. It's like returning to a time of constant surprise.

Anyway, when I came here my usual handles were used so I truncated my blog title. It has a nice ring.

My last name is Kurwicki and so I shortened it to Kwickimom. In my head I say it is K-wick-ee-mom.

Some really cool dude from another forum kept asking me why I was "quickie" mom :glare: Maybe I should change it :lol:

And I always think of Quickie wheelchairs! :lol:

Me? Well... I'm joyful! :party:

(I had to choose a new unsername here, as my standard name was already taken. Funny, though that person never uses her account...:toetap05:)

Mine was taken from a Pirate Name Generator, in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day. At one time, a bunch of Ellens joined the board and it became confusing as to who wrote what posts :). So, when I happened upon this site, I decided to take this as my moniker. Plus, I like the idea of a bold, buxom alter ego;).

I've always admired your moniker. :)

Mine is what people called me when we were still over in East Africa. When you have a child there, you sort of meld your identity into motherhood and become known as "Mama _________," with the name of your child filling the blank. I know - all that melding stuff sounds sort of odd, huh?:D

Funny thing is, we're around a bunch of East African refugees here and they follow that tradition. But I'm not Mama Anna to them because they originally confused the names of our oldest two daughters - they call me by dd4's name. (It's really confusing for new people when we introduce them to the girls!!) I'm not sure they know my actual first name.

Mama Anna

Okay, so when dh and I started talking kids, I told him there was a potential for twins due to my family history. We laughed and joked about having boy-girl twins and naming them Eppie J. and Ellie Mae. He actually knew a guy by that name when he was growing up. Ds came along and I took on the EppieJ moniker just for kicks!

When my son was little and still watching Clifford the Big Red Dog, he thought that Cleo's hedgehog dog toy was hilarious, and he starting calling everyone "hedgehog," which we thought was hilarious. Then we discovered Jan Brett books and discovered that many of them have hedgehogs in the illustrations, even when the story is not about hedgehogs (she's a huge fan of the little critters) and so we collected all her books. Then the kids started collecting stuffed hedgehogs, and we have one to represent each family member. So...we are hedgehogs4...they are kind of like our family mascot.

When my son was little and still watching Clifford the Big Red Dog, he thought that Cleo's hedgehog dog toy was hilarious, and he starting calling everyone "hedgehog," which we thought was hilarious. Then we discovered Jan Brett books and discovered that many of them have hedgehogs in the illustrations, even when the story is not about hedgehogs (she's a huge fan of the little critters) and so we collected all her books. Then the kids started collecting stuffed hedgehogs, and we have one to represent each family member. So...we are hedgehogs4...they are kind of like our family mascot.

That is cute.

Mine is what people called me when we were still over in East Africa. When you have a child there, you sort of meld your identity into motherhood and become known as "Mama _________," with the name of your child filling the blank. I know - all that melding stuff sounds sort of odd, huh?:D

Mama Anna

That is so sweet. I don't find it odd at all. I find it very endearing actually and a very nice way of representing how motherhood really does change everything. You're no longer just "you", you're now someone's "mommy".:001_wub:

LOL That is too cute! Your house sounds like a lot of fun.

such sweet stories. :) Thanks for sharing them. :)

That is so sweet. I don't find it odd at all. I find it very endearing actually and a very nice way of representing how motherhood really does change everything. You're no longer just "you", you're now someone's "mommy".:001_wub:

LOL That is too cute! Your house sounds like a lot of fun.

such sweet stories. :) Thanks for sharing them. :)

I LOVE this idea...and it would work for me since I have one child...but what do they call you if you have 2. Or 10? First born rules or what?