Menu

A Well Trained Kid on the Today Show!

If you feel like tuning in to NBC on Saturday morning, you'll see a Well Trained Kid and her Well Trained Dog on the Today Show!

We are all still quite stunned by the news--

You might remember that an article Molly wrote for the AKC Gazette last year when she was 12 was nominated for a Dog Writers Association of America award. Well, it seems that the Contest Chair of the Dog Writers Association of America, Sue Jeffries, is a friend of Frei's and in the course of discussions about the writing awards banquet, Sue mentioned to David that a kid was up for an award and also showing. I received a call from Frei's PR person asking that David had requested that Molly and Dani join him on Saturday morning on the Today Show. We are told she will be on sometime between 8:00 and 10:00 am on Saturday morning.

In addition, she and her dog will be ringing the bell to close the NASDAQ on Friday afternoon.

To say we are stunned is a COMPLETE. UNDERSTATEMENT. :svengo:We do NOT routinely engage in conversations that involve phrases like, "green room" and "send a car." (hope it has leather seats-- it's picking up a LEONBERGER, after all!) And by "routinely," I mean "never." Molly is well armed with lots of cautions about the breed-- shedding, almost amphibious nature, need for constant family companionship, etc.

We are humbled and a bit uncomfortable by all this attention.

Astrid (who will most likely remain in the green room with her dh and a wad of kleenex clutched tightly in her fist!)

There is no one I can more wholeheartedly congratulate than you and your beautiful Molly! I have goosebumps for you! :hurray:

I don't get the channel that carries the Today Show. Any hopes I can find it on youtube later (I can't watch it from their US websites up here)?

How exciting! I'm going to record it so I don't miss it. Is that 8-10 EST? I'm in CST and want to make sure I get the time right.

Yes, EST. I"m pretty sure you will be able to catch the video online, too. Often the segments are put up on the web, I'm told. If I find a link I"ll post it.

astrid

How cool is that! As a dog lover, I always read your posts about Molly and her success with her dog. :001_smile: I'm glad she's getting some unique recognition for all of her hard work--I know what it takes to get a dog to a place of reliable obedience! (Your dd will make a great mom someday. I've found that those leadership skills I've acquired working with my dogs apply in all sorts of life situations. :lol:

Beth