• I take a shower
    • I get a shower
    • I have a shower
    • I just shower
    • I get in the shower
    • I bathe in the shower
    • I stand in the rain and call it a day
    • Other, of course

This is for showerers only.  Bathers are not part of this poll.  Sorry.

So....do you take a shower?  Do you get a shower?  Have one?  Get in the shower?  Or, do you say you have to bathe, but then do so with the shower?

This is a very important subject in my marriage right now, so please vote.  

I take a shower. I possess the shower. Do not come into the bathroom and expect me to share the shower. It's all mine. My water, my heat, my steam, my relaxation. I grab it with gusto and hold on for dear life! :D

I am also naked while possessing the shower and proud of it! :lol:

I usually say "take a shower", but I also "get in the shower". At times, I "have a shower". A lot of the time, I just "shower". I have been known to just stand in the rain... In other words, I use pretty much all of them other than "bathe". I think you need a tub for that one. Must admit, My first response was also naked. I can't imagine showering any other way. 

I posted this thread/poll and then promptly forgot about it.  I swear, my brain is going to kill me one day.

For the record:

1. I usually take a shower (although it makes no sense, grammatically speaking)

2. I am always naked in the shower.

3. Sometimes I just "shower"

4. I never, ever "get" a shower, because that phrase bugs the crap out of me.  And it happens to be what my husband says.  I told him no one says that but him, but clearly, I am wrong.

5. I will not be telling him what I just said in #4.   

ETA:  I probably will be showing him the poll results, though, since right now it's 83 votes for "take" and only 1 for "get."  Therefore, I win.   :lol:

I generally take a shower but if there is some reason why it is difficult or impossible to shower, I get a shower or get to have a shower. Examples of getting a shower:

-been backpacking for several weeks and when you get to town you go directly to the nearest shower without passing go. It's like the best thing in the world, even better than the full hot meal you are getting that consists of nothing freeze dried or cooked over a single burner backpacking stove.

-shower is broken and you go to the gym just to get a shower.

-getting in a shower when you have no regular access to a bathroom with a shower.

-you are a child who is covered in mess and mom says "when we get home you are getting a shower!"

<snip>

This is a very important subject in my marriage right now, so please vote.  

I voted. We live in a Tropical Valley. None of the bathrooms in our house have tubs. They all have large showers. We "Take Showers". Hopefully you and your DH can work out the correct phrase for this vital topic.    When we go to a hotel where there is a bathtub, I remember taking baths when I lived in the states. Very relaxing, but one can't get clean in a bathtub. One needs to take a shower to get clean.  

4. I never, ever "get" a shower, because that phrase bugs the crap out of me.  And it happens to be what my husband says.  I told him no one says that but him, but clearly, I am wrong.

If he's going to 'get' a shower, I would expect him to be heading out to Home Depot to bring this (or similar) home.

:lol:

I take a shower, but I also throw caution to the wind and hop in the shower on a regular basis.

Showers are, of themselves, relaxing and enjoyable; I would take them very often if it did not force me to cope with The Arranging of The Hair afterwards.

I take a shower, but I REALLY, REALLY wanted to pick "I stand in the rain and call it a day."  :D

ETA:  Okay, I had to really give this important topic some real thought.  I often take a shower, but sometimes I need to notify the kids that I'm going to get my shower or that I am going to get in the shower.  I also need to tell them to get their showers in the evenings.  So now I'm wondering if the correct phrasing isn't dependent on the context.  I take a shower.  You get a shower.  They get in the shower.  Y'all go get your showers.  NOW.  Yeah, okay.  I got nothing.  Except, apparently, lots of showers. :D

I just read this whole thread and now the word shower just looks weird. I voted take a shower, but I am much more likely to hop in the shower. I agree with PP that baths are not for getting clean too. 

I thought this was going to be about shower order of operations which are very important. I tend to be a bit shower OCD and have an order to my shower. If get out of order, I get all confused. (probably the lack of caffeine since showers are usually pre-coffee). If anyone is curious: get in, get wet, wash hair, condition hair, wash face, shave, wash body, comb through hair while washing out conditioner, rinse off. 

I just read this whole thread and now the word shower just looks weird. I voted take a shower, but I am much more likely to hop in the shower. I agree with PP that baths are not for getting clean too. 

I thought this was going to be about shower order of operations which are very important. I tend to be a bit shower OCD and have an order to my shower. If get out of order, I get all confused. (probably the lack of caffeine since showers are usually pre-coffee). If anyone is curious: get in, get wet, wash hair, condition hair, wash face, shave, wash body, comb through hair while washing out conditioner, rinse off. 

Oh, no, this is all wrong.  It's get in, get wet, lather hair, wash face while shampoo is in hair, rinse hair, condition, wash body, shave, rinse body, rinse hair, rinse body some more, and a little more if it's too cold to want to get out of the warm water.  There is a very definite method. :D

I take a shower, or much less frequently, I shower. I'm not sure I have heard "get a shower" at all (East Coast, USA).

We have had to advise DS very frequently and strenuously not to hop in the shower.

In terms of strategy, since I take long showers, I get up early enough to do so before DH goes to work, so that there is no destruction and/or pestering of the cat while I am so occupied.

I take a shower. I get naked, get wet, scrub a bar soap on with or without the pouf, redo critical areas ("the cross": armpits, down under), rinse well. Voila. I am a showerer.

I find that in the shower I have had my moments of greatest clarity, thoughts, ideas, insight, plans, and epiphanies.