• I take a shower
    • I get a shower
    • I have a shower
    • I just shower
    • I get in the shower
    • I bathe in the shower
    • I stand in the rain and call it a day
    • Other, of course

Other, I take a shower with my husband. Lol. (seriously though!) Maybe you just need to shower with your husband on a daily basis. :ohmy:

I guess I never thought of if take is the correct way to say it, but it sounds the best to me.

It does make me think of some people in this rural area in which I live... they say "I need to put gas on." Gas on what? You put in in the car, not on it.

I voted "take a shower," because that's what I say most frequently.   But as I read through the thread, I realized that DH & I both say sometimes, "jump in the shower."

Which brings me to...

Hopping in the shower IS DANGEROUS. You could slip and hit your head and no one would know. My dh always says he's going to hop in the shower. Very dangerous.

I slipped and fell in the shower while cleaning the shower last weekend.   My knee and back are still sore.   Apparently CLEANING the shower is just as dangerous as hopping and jumping in it.   Don't say you haven't been warned...

I usually take a shower. Sometimes I "go hose off" (which is a leftover saying from my horse days--hosing of the horse, not me, at those times :laugh:).

HOW I shower is from top to bottom. Hair first, then body shoulder to feet and important places in between and then face, which is cleaned with an entirely different cleaning instrumentality than used on the rest of the body. Just sayin'. :leaving:   

I usually take a shower. Sometimes I "go hose off" (which is a leftover saying from my horse days--hosing of the horse, not me, at those times :laugh:).

HOW I shower is from top to bottom. Hair first, then body shoulder to feet and important places in between and then face, which is cleaned with an entirely different cleaning instrumentality than used on the rest of the body. Just sayin'. :leaving:   

I also say I am going to "hose off" or I say I am going to "jump in the shower," which doesn't seem advisable.

I cannot even be around horses without dramatic hives so it cannot be from that.

We tell our kids to, "go wash your butt," as an indicator that they are to shower.

Showers are, of themselves, relaxing and enjoyable; I would take them very often if it did not force me to cope with The Arranging of The Hair afterwards.

I have been considering a pixie for this very reason!  But then you have to keep up on haircuts and I definitely fail at that.

We take showers or hop in showers, but I'm surprise no one has mentioned the most important thing when it comes to teaching our kids properly - USE SOAP.  Ok, so MAYBE taking their clothes off is THE most important, but mine could figure that out.  The soap thing took years.  I wouldn't really care what they called it back in those days.

Standing in the rain is more fun, but an actual hot shower is more relaxing, very, very relaxing as long as one doesn't need to rush.  It helps that we also don't have to pay for our water.  I guess we pay to heat the water - such is life.