Menu

Prayer request for my family...

My little brother, 27 years old, died this morning. He had burned his hand at work, and was treated at the hospital with antibiotics and painkillers. He was sent home to bed, and never woke up. Our current guess is that he was given an accidental overdose, as his blood pressure was dropping very low when they sent him home. His girlfriend is just hysterical. It's so awful.

My parents were here visiting California this week--we got the call while I was driving them to the airport. I am still in shock. I can't believe he's gone. It feels like some horrible mistake. My dh and I are trying to arrange to fly to Florida as soon as possible, but we have to work out who can watch the kids.

Anyhow, I know I haven't been hanging around the boards much any more, but I would appreciate prayers and thoughts from old friends and new.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Kay, I don't know what to say. I feel like I know you from all the years on the boards and your news makes me want to come to your house and take your son for the week. What a tragic, tragic thing for your family. I'm sending you as much healing and virtual support as I can muster. Strength to you.

May the God of all comfort uphold you as you walk through this valley. Christ is always faithful to sustain us with His great love.:angelsad2:

2 Corin. 1:3-4 "...and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them who are in any trouble, by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted of God."

Your new friend who will be praying for you and your family.

May the God of all comfort uphold you as you walk through this valley. Christ is always faithful to sustain us with His great love.:angelsad2:

2 Corin. 1:3-4 "...and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them who are in any trouble, by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted of God."

Your new friend who will be praying for you and your family.

This is the same verse I was going to offer -- it's what helped me when I lost my mom. I too am a new friend who will be praying for you all.