Menu

Will you be buying the new edition of TWTM?

Will you be buying the new edition of TWTM?  

1. 1. Will you be buying the new edition of TWTM?

• Yes, of course, I already have it on pre-order!
    • Yes, but I will wait until used copies are available.
    • No, my old edition is just fine.
    • No, I will check it out from the library.
    • I've never owned a copy of TWTM, so why start now?
    • Obligatory other.

I'm trying to phrase this nicely...

Why?

What has been updated to such a degree that it warrants another book?

I agree with the other poster who is already in a sea of curricculum choices, so if that's the only update.....

Maybe I am just jaded because of all the updates/new edition text books from high school and college, but to me - new isn't always better but is most often costly.

Probably, but we'll wait till $ is more available.

My reasons?

1. To support something I believe in.

2. To have an updated copy. I read the 1st ed at the library when I was pg w/ #1 & waited to buy it used because I couldn't afford it. A couple of yrs ago, I bought the 2nd ed new. It was less expensive, it had the SOTW suggestions, & again, I wanted to show support.

3. I have a weird thing about owning more than 1 copy of books I really like.

4. To have enough copies to loan out. My 2nd ed is out right now because it can be replaced if nec. My 1st ed stays home. :D

No, we've actually gravitated to different materials and a different outlook on our homeschooling method. So, while we may use some of the ideas from wtm, our main homeschooling choices aren't in-synch with wtm and its precepts. Hence the recent spate of selling-mania.

Edited by Apiphobic

I have the old, old edition. I voted not buying a new one b/c my old book is just fine. I may change my mind, but as of now I know what resources I'm buying.

I am curious to see the new recommendations, so I will be spending some time at Barnes and Noble when it comes out.....and will probably put it back on my wishlist....:tongue_smilie:

However, as our "classical" style has developed, I've found I don't use too many of the recommended resources, preferring instead to source or create my own. So, since we've found an approach that works for us, I'm not really buying ANY new guidebooks.

I would love to skim it, though. So, I may check it out of the library at some point.

No. I bought a 99 edition after reading the 04 edition. I actually prefer the 99 edition because it tells you how to set up subjects without relying heavily on curriculum. The 04 edition seemed like a parade of recommendations, which I appreciated, but I feel like knowing how and why they recommend a curriculum and how it should be set up is of more use to me.

I voted other because I will be buying it in the near future, but haven't bothered to preorder. I don't own a copy, but I'm wearing out the library's copy! I figure I'll buy the new one, and its resource list will be useful for the next several years, at least enough to get both kids through the grammar stage.

Chose other because I will definitely buy it but see no reason to pre-order it. I support SWB and Peace Hill Press. :)

That is exactly my post!! I ALWAYS buy directly from Peace Hill whenever I can. I'm looking forward to it because I can't find my 2nd edition right now!!

I will be buying it.

This is our first year of homeschool and I don't have a copy yet because I'm waiting on the new edition.

I have been using the older ones from the library (heavily, hehe) and feel like I have them almost memorized, but look forward to the new version, as well.

You know, the new editions will probably come out every five years or so...and they're not directed at folks who already HAVE an edition (although you're certainly more than welcome to buy one). The new editions are so that we don't have to answer fifteen million emails saying, "The book/s you recommended are out of print. What do you suggest instead?"

SWB

You know, the new editions will probably come out every five years or so...and they're not directed at folks who already HAVE an edition (although you're certainly more than welcome to buy one). The new editions are so that we don't have to answer fifteen million emails saying, "The book/s you recommended are out of print. What do you suggest instead?"

SWB

Thanks! I'll stick with my new old version, then.

I lied in my poll answer. I said I have already pre-ordered when I haven't. But, I am planning to pre-order as soon as I get around to it and I'll definitely be buying the new edition. I had one copy of the first edition and two copies of the second edition (one to loan out and I have no idea who has it now). I plan to buy at least one copy of the new edition; maybe more.

I voted Obligatory Other because next year will be my last homeschooling. It's my Baby and she's my last one.....so I don't really need another book, even though I *do* have both editions of TWTM. Guess they did the job!