Menu

I'm home from the hospital...

Had my surgery yesterday morning and I am home. Every time I see myself in the mirror now I think, "There she is, the bOOkless woman."

Life sucks right now.... so I'm getting a puppy.

A man I know has adorable Westie puppies. They will be ready February 1st.

I will probably get two of them. One for each boob. :D

I can't think of anything more healing than puppy breath and puppy kisses.

I feel ok. The only good thing about not getting my reconstruction done is that I won't have the long 6 week recovery. In a week or so I should be almost back to normal. Which is a good thing since I'll be housebreaking two little brats. I know...I'm crazy for doing it. But, it's my mom's fault. When I was a little girl my mom spoilt me by taking me to the store to buy me a Barbie doll every time I had to go to the doctor and get a shot for any reason. So...now that I've lost my mom it is up to me to spoil myself. Maybe I should name my puppy Barbie. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for all your prayers.

I'm glad to see you back online. My mom has bilateral mastectomies when she was 31. I remember how hard it was on her. I hope the puppies help you feel better.

If it's any consolation... I dont have any BooKs either. Just deflated size A's from years and years of nursing babies. BooKs arent all that their cracked up to be.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you find healing goes swiftly.

I think Barbie is a great name for a dog. Maybe the other can be Booker. :D

:lol: Thanks for the laugh. This will certainly go on my list for possible names!

Thanks everyone for your hugs, prayers and support.

Hope your healing continues to go well. I am sure you will get lots of puppy names from this board.

A friend of mine had the surgery just over a year ago. She said that one positive about it is that it made trotting on her horse a LOT more comfortable---she is now showing in reining classes. Maybe once you heal you could take up horseback riding.

so glad your surgery went well, and you've survived with your sense of humor intact--more important than books! Enjoy loving on those puppies. Glad you're spoiling yourself. And Booker and Barbie sound like great names! :grouphug:

Had my surgery yesterday morning and I am home. Every time I see myself in the mirror now I think, "There she is, the bOOkless woman."

Life sucks right now.... so I'm getting a puppy.

A man I know has adorable Westie puppies. They will be ready February 1st.

I will probably get two of them. One for each boob. :D

I can't think of anything more healing than puppy breath and puppy kisses.

I feel ok. The only good thing about not getting my reconstruction done is that I won't have the long 6 week recovery. In a week or so I should be almost back to normal. Which is a good thing since I'll be housebreaking two little brats. I know...I'm crazy for doing it. But, it's my mom's fault. When I was a little girl my mom spoilt me by taking me to the store to buy me a Barbie doll every time I had to go to the doctor and get a shot for any reason. So...now that I've lost my mom it is up to me to spoil myself. Maybe I should name my puppy Barbie. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for all your prayers.

I must have missed something...did you decide against the reconstruction altogether or did you just put it off?

I think puppies are a fine idea. Science proven the benefits. And I LOVE Barbie as a name for one. Great connection to your childhood.

The best to you.

Because I was sick last week my plastic surgeon did not feel comfortable enough keeping me under anesthesia for 7 - 12 hours. I was only able to have the bilat. mastectomy which was only about a 3 hour surgery.

What is so upsetting is that yesterday morning I WAS NOT SICK. So it really, really bites. But I can see see if from her POV. So...oh well. Maybe this spring or summer I'll be reconstructed.

So glad you are back and doing well. Those westies will keep you busy. Perhaps you can get boy too and have Barbie and Ken. Nothing like unconditional love for healing.

I know when I feel lousy, my kitty always makes me better.

:iagree:

:grouphug: to you. And more :grouphug:.