Menu

Tea - What's your favorite kind?

I'm thinking this thread's views vs responses ratio will be very high. Cheeky monkeys.

I found a really wonderful tea at Trader Joe's, Jasmine Pearls, it's yummy and cheap (at Wegmans it's like $40 a LB.) What's your favorite? A friend recommended chocolate tea from TJ, but they discontinued it :sad: Any flavors you love and can recommend?

Since your tea was not in all caps, I figured you meant tea not TEA. There, how's that for a brilliant statement?!:tongue_smilie: I thought I better respond, since I DID look in to check it out! :001_smile:

I don't know a whole lot about tea. I just use non-caffeinated, herbal types. I love the orange-spice I just got. Sometimes I like Chai and peppermint.

I had to pop in to see the latest tea talk. I figured it would be the real tea. :D

I don't drink tea. I have tried so many, and I have never developed a taste for it. I love coffee with cream, and am known to drink half caf in the am and decaf in the pm. I would so love to find a tea that I found palatable.

Earl Grey is good for morning sickness.

I love trying different kinds of black and white teas. Ginger spoiled me...rather her hubby spoils her and I benefit on visits by having morning tea with her....he gets her the fancy imports.

Traditional Medicinals are big in our home.

Edited by mommaduck

Republic of Tea Ginger Peach is to die for. So is the Rosemary Something.

I actually really like Yogi "Detox" tea. It's my everyday tea. My sister, who is a recovering drug addict, is mortified whenever I get out one of those bags in a public place, which completely cracks me up. I have to tell her, different detox, hon. But she thinks I continue to drink it in front of her to torture her....

I usually drink Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red tea since I'm not drinking caffeine. Another great tea though is Coconut Macadamia by the Hawaiian Tea Company. It smells wonderful & tastes good straight or with a bit of milk & sugar. Great dessert tea. This time of year I also like Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. Jacqui

I love tea! And TEA! ;)

Stash and Twinings are two of my favorite brands.

I start the morning off with English Breakfast Tea or Irish Breakfast Tea.

Sip on Earl or Lady Grey during the day

and I have Yogi Meditation tea or Stash Chamomlie before bed.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com carries some amazing bulk teas.

If you like flowery ones, the fairy tale tea is fit for a queen......

Tea is one reason that cold weather is my favorite~

I like Twinnings, Bigelow, and nearly any organic tea from our food coop. I like red teas, white teas, black teas, green teas, so I'm probably no help whatsoever, LOL!

Rooibus is a good red tea.

For blacks, I like Earl Gray, Lady Gray, and Prince of Wales, probably, as my top three - but there are lots of other great one, too!

I typically drink organic greens and whites that are sold looseleaf.

I try to boil my water for tea, but then let it cool just a tad before brewing. Water shouldn't be as hot for tea as it is for coffee. The hotter the water, the less time it takes to brew the tea.

I must not have been reading here enough, because I don't know what TEA is...but I do like tea!

My favorites are from Adagio Tea. Casablanca Twist (green tea with peppermint, excellent!), Irish breakfast, Rooibios vanilla, Kukicha green, and just recently I got White Monkey (a young green tea. still undecided on this one). In the summer I prefer their Mango black tea, iced, or the casablanca twist iced.

Occasionally I enjoy Earl Grey but can't find a brand I like. My favorite store brand is Celestial Seasonings (made here in Colorado!), I really like the Candy Cane Lane, Chai, Almond Sunset, Chamomile, and their plain green tea is pretty good too.

I have a big box of PG Tips in my cupboard but I really prefer the Irish breakfast or even assam. I call assam the "coffee drinkers tea" because it's much better with cream and sugar. :)

Mmmm...tea.

Amy in Colorado

Stash Chai Spice Black tea;

Trader Joe's Jasmine Green Tea (this is my normal every afternoon tea);

Trader Joe's Bed Time Tea;

Trader Joe's Organic Chamomile Tea (must have with frosted oatmeal cookies);

I bought an electric kettle just so I could have tea without waiting for the stovetop kettle to finally boil. (It's great for instant noodle cups too!) :D

Edited by Mekanamom

I'm thinking this thread's views vs responses ratio will be very high. Cheeky monkeys.

I found a really wonderful tea at Trader Joe's, Jasmine Pearls, it's yummy and cheap (at Wegmans it's like $40 a LB.) What's your favorite? A friend recommended chocolate tea from TJ, but they discontinued it :sad: Any flavors you love and can recommend?

Yeah, my first thought was, "She has GOT to be kidding!" Although nothing here should surprise me anymore!

I like English Breakfast tea, by the way.

Chelle

Guest Alte Veste Academy

My favorite morning teas, served hot:

Tazo Chai (with a splash of milk and a smidge of sugar)

Bigelow Constant Comment

My favorite caffeine free teas, served hot:

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane (the kids' hands-down favorite)

Celestial Seasonings Chamomile

My favorite teas to have iced (but they can also all be served hot):

Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Peach

Stonewall Kitchen Cranberry Orange

Lipton White Tea with Island Mango & Peach (great iced tea!)

Tazo Passion Herbal Infusion (caffeine free)

I'm going to have to take notes on this one...

Kristina

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Republic of Tea Ginger Peach is to die for.

I second this. I knew there was one I was missing. I get this one in huge bags from Whole Foods and make my own tea bags to make big pitchers of iced tea. The blackberry sage is really good too.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

Our "regular" tea is PG Tips. We used to keep a wide variety of teas, but recently we've noticed our stash has dwindled.

Trader Joe's makes an interesting Orange Spice Rooibos. I prefer plain Rooibos, personally, but I'm not usually a fan of sweet or fruity tea. Ds loves T.J.'s Orange Spice Rooibos and since it is naturally caffeine free, I don't mind if he drinks it!

I think we also got an Earl Grey green tea from Trader Joe's. I was a little unsure of that one, but it was surprisingly yummy!

I do like Stash Licorice Spice tea, despite not normally going for sweeter drinks. It has a pleasant sweet flavor.

I think I'll go put the kettle on!

I guess I'm kinda old-fashioned or something. In the mornings, I have English Breakfast (sometimes Irish Breakfast). The kids and I recently began "elevenses". I brew a pot of PG Tips. Not bad for a tea bag. The kids' tea is mostly "tea-milk" (creamer) and sugar -- nothing like a hot, sweet, milky pick-me-up to raise everyone's spirits.

Dh and I brew Earl Grey most every afternoon. It's like cocktail hour (well, perhaps a precursor to cocktail hour might be more appropriate).

All of the above (except the PG Tips) is loose leaf. Ahh, I miss tea time while I'm at work.

The whole family here loves Rooibos. I buy it in bulk at the food coop (it looks like rice rather than tea leaves) and brew it either into individual cups or a teapot. We live off this tea in the winter time.

It's herbal and, I believe, originates in Africa. It is also supposed to have antioxidant properties.

... it is a red tea, naturally has no caffeine or tannin.

Tannin occurs in all teas except Rooibos - tannin prevents the absorption of iron.

I like Rooibos with either a splash of milk, or even better, with just under a teaspoon of lemon juice and honey.

It grows only in the Hottentot Holland Mountains of the Cape Province.

I LOVE chocolate tea. (that didn't sound right!) anyway...here is a link, if anyone is interested.

http://www.harney.com/chocolatetea.html

and that's hArney.com not H#rney.com :lol:

I love Harney and Sons tea. I have a closet full and drink it all the time. My current drink of choice is Chocolate Chai. I blend their Chocolate tea and Indian Spice tea about 50/50 in a large canister. Two cups water, one cup milk, and three teaspoons of my blend plus lots of sugar. Yummy, yummy. I love this stuff so much that I buy it by the pound!

Republic of Tea Ginger Peach is to die for. So is the Rosemary Something.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Ginger Peach! I love that stuff and use it to make iced tea year round - I am not a huge hot tea drinker.

One kind I love, though, is a cinnamon tea that I got at A Southern Season. I'm not sure of the brand. I think it might be Cinnamon Spice - but it's too late to go down and look. :D

I like English Breakfast & No. 22 from Murchie's

http://www.murchies.com/wwww/coffee.php?mCat=1&sCat=0&lst=short

A good inexpensive brew in Canada is Suraj tea, avail at the Superstore, either in the tea section or in the Indian food section. It has a nice light touch of Assam & makes a nice masala chai but I also like it brewed normally.

My fav is Jasmine Pearls too. I've only ever gotten it from Pete's Teas via mail order and it's very $$. Wonder if it's the same as TJ's? Thanks for the tip! :)

I buy a brand called Mighty Leaf and I like to mix it up

Organic Earl Grey

Organic Breakfast Tea

Mountain Spring Jasmine

Tropical something?

Chamomile Citrus

White Locust (?)

various green teas

African Nectar

Rainforest Mate

Bombay Chai

Vanilla something?

Leaves of Provence

The only one I haven't liked was a mint tea they carried, and it was just a little too light flavored.

I used to be a jasmine girl all the way, until I found this company and their variety packs. I have since then ordered each of these individually from them, so I guess you can say my tastes have broadened! :0)