Menu

Is there a song with your name in it?

I have one. It’s such a beautiful but melancholy song. I would love it even if it didn’t have my name in it. 

I can think of one for Lisa, Lola, Jolene, Jill, Caroline, Maria, and many, many more. But not for Lori and tons of others, of course. 

Do you have one?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Yes, unfortunately, growing up a group I despised (KISS) had a song with my name in it.  It was annoying. 

Stephen King also wrote a horror novel and then movie with my name..  Hated both. 

Lol!! We might have the same name! 

ETA sorry if you don’t think that’s very funny….since you don’t like the songs!

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, there is a song  from 1918, KKK Katy.

I don’t spell my name that way. My grandpa used to sing it to me every time he saw me.

Last summer I visited some cousins I hadn’t seen in decades… but we spent a lot of time together when we were kids. She told me all,the cousins were jealous that  I had a song that Grandpa would sing to me. 😀

Edited by KatieJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, and it came out in 1986 while I was in elementary school. Had the repetitive little snippet sung to me by boys on the playground teasing me and by grown men while I was working in high school.

”Hi, my name is Sarah and I’ll be waiting on you today”

”Sar-ah. Sar-ar-ar ah”

”yup”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Yes, unfortunately, growing up a group I despised (KISS) had a song with my name in it.  It was annoying. 

Stephen King also wrote a horror novel and then movie with my name..  Hated both. 

OK, so now we all know your name.  😜

Even if you didn't like the song or the novel or the movie, at least you have a nice name!!! 

• Like 4

Yeah, there's a lot. Mostly inspired by Alice in Wonderland somehow. 

The one people used to sing at me was "Go ask Alice/White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. I also used to get Alice the Camel which is a super annoying camp song. 

33 minutes ago, saraha said:

Yes, and it came out in 1986 while I was in elementary school. Had the repetitive little snippet sung to me by boys on the playground teasing me and by grown men while I was working in high school.

”Hi, my name is Sarah and I’ll be waiting on you today”

”Sar-ah. Sar-ar-ar ah”

”yup”

What about Sarah Smile? Hall and Oates? 

I’m thinking you are talking about “Sarah, Sarah, storms are brewing in your eyes? That one?

I LOVE Sarah Smile. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

That KISS song is one of the most beautiful songs ever.

Just now, TexasProud said:

It is like fingers on a chalkboard for me... maybe we are not thinking of the same song...

The one about the band member who is never home with his wife? Me and the boys will be playin’ all night?

Just now, Scarlett said:

Ooooh! I don’t even know that song. Not a KIS fan but that song Beth I love. 

Okay.  I will agree with you.  Beth is probably the only song of theirs that I like.  My namesake song.... AWFUL

3 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Okay.  I will agree with you.  Beth is probably the only song of theirs that I like.  My namesake song.... AWFUL

I was wondering how you could think such a beautiful song is awful! 😂😂😂

Too funny. 

• Like 1

Yes.  It was very annoying when people would hear my name and then start to sing the song.  They always acted as if they were very clever to think of it.  It didn't help that I really didn't like the song.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

I was wondering how you could think such a beautiful song is awful! 😂😂😂

Too funny. 

Well, I figured you knew since I mentioned the Stephen King novel/movie, which is even worse than the KISS song...  I am pure evil....ughhh  And yeah, I think I was a 10th grader when it came out... So embarrassing.

Edited by TexasProud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, klmama said:

Yes.  It was very annoying when people would hear my name and then start to sing the song.  They always acted as if they were very clever to think of it.  It didn't help that I really didn't like the song.  

No one has ever heard my name and sang the song. Oddly, that song just stays in the background and doesn’t get the attention it deserves. No one on American Idol has ever sung it. That I know of. It gets little airplay. So underrated. 

1 minute ago, TexasProud said:

Well, I figured you knew since I mentioned the Stephen King novel/movie

No, lol. I just thought there must be a Stephen King movie/novel with my name in it. I wouldn’t know any different, as I am not a SK fan. Because I also thought the KISS song was the only one with a girl name in it like that. 

There are two that I know of, both are old. 

Cathy's Clown by the Everly Brothers - spelled differently but still my name.

I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen 

There's also a Simon and Garfunkel song with my name in the title but not the lyrics - Kathy's Song

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Well, I figured you knew since I mentioned the Stephen King novel/movie, which is even worse than the KISS song...  I am pure evil....ughhh  And yeah, I think I was a 10th grader when it came out... So embarrassing.

You edited after I liked your post. You’re not pure evil. It’s just a dumb song. Your name is pretty. 

19 minutes ago, Hilltopmom said:

Yep- By Boston.

my husband thinks it’s hysterical

classic rock ballad

Maybe you and I share the same name! If it's the song I'm thinking of, I've always liked that one. I can think of at least two songs with a nickname version of my name, too.

5 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

You edited after I liked your post. You’re not pure evil. It’s just a dumb song. Your name is pretty. 

OH, I know I am not pure evil.  That is part of that trailer....  I just got teased with that. 🙂  That book and movie is SO bad.  Did you watch the trailer?  LOL...

6 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

OH, I know I am not pure evil.  That is part of that trailer....  I just got teased with that. 🙂  That book and movie is SO bad.  Did you watch the trailer?  LOL...

No. I’ll finish changing my sheets and then I’ll watch it. 😁

• Haha 1

I had no idea so I googled my name to see what songs were out there and was surprised to find that there is a Partridge Family song with my name. How no one in my entire life ever mentioned this to me, since the Partridge Family and I come from the same era which means all my friends were from that time, blows my mind.

1 hour ago, TexasProud said:

It is not worse than Dirty Diana by Micheal Jackson if that makes you feel better. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TexasProud said:

Ok, I do remember that movie. I never watched it, though. 

11 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I had no idea so I googled my name to see what songs were out there and was surprised to find that there is a Partridge Family song with my name. How no one in my entire life ever mentioned this to me, since the Partridge Family and I come from the same era which means all my friends were from that time, blows my mind.

Now I’m racking my brain trying to think of which song that is.