Menu

Where do y’all buy t shirts ?

Ann.without.an.e

I'm wearing ones I buy at Walmart. I live in Florida so I like my t-shirts thin and the Walmart ones are definitely that. They are also long which is another thing I appreciate. And of course, they are very inexpensive. I do buy one size larger than I wear any where else. They've washed really well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I'm wearing ones I buy at Walmart. I live in Florida so I like my t-shirts thin and the Walmart ones are definitely that. They are also long which is another thing I appreciate. And of course, they are very inexpensive. I do buy one size larger than I wear any where else. They've washed really well.

I never think about Walmart. There’s a little Walmart neighborhood market and I go in there sometimes but never think to go in the full sized super Walmarts. I’ll check them out.

• Like 2

I'm picky about material (usually only 100% cotton, NO polyester, some rayon or tencel is okay).
So, my tees are from Life is Good (watch for sales) and LLBean (Pima Cotton) or Landsend (Supima cotton). I wish LL Bean had more sales!  

• Like 2

Most of my t shirts are from fundraisers for various things, and almost all are Comfort Colors. I do not love them, but I wear them. They are too heavy for our humidity, and the necks stretch out. 

I'll be looking at some of these suggestions. 🙂

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bambam said:

I'm picky about material (usually only 100% cotton, NO polyester, some rayon or tencel is okay).
So, my tees are from Life is Good (watch for sales) and LLBean (Pima Cotton) or Landsend (Supima cotton). I wish LL Bean had more sales!  

Thanks. I require 💯 cotton too. I’ll have to check these out.

• Like 1

Most t-shirts I have come from volunteer stuff, summer camps, sporting events and the company my husband works for. It's kind of humorous because last week I left the house like a walking billboard for the company my husband works for (jacket, shirt, socks, water bottle, and bag) purely by accident. Yes all my friends made fun of me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For solid-colored t-shirts that are on the thinner side, I just go to JoAnns (or is it Michael's? One carries Comfort Colors and the other carries Bella Canvas and I always get them mixed up) and buy BellaCanva blanks. I like the unisex style, not the ladycut. Tons of colors to choose from & cheap!! I usually knot them in the back and tuck it under.

I also have a ton of Life is Good t's - I'm a sucker for their designs. They have a lighter weight t-shirt (not their standard shirt) on their website and those are an amazing fit, imho.

Also have a lot of Comfort Colors blanks, but they're considerably thicker and boxier.

Also love Eddie Bauer and LLBean, but those are what I would consider a thick tshirt.

• Like 1

I'm long waisted, so I tend to buy talls. I prefer 100% cotton. I tend to buy Old Navy talls - last year they had some thinner shirts - not as great quality, however. JCP  - St John's Bay - these are a bit heavier, also buy talls. Life is Good tees are my favorite. My TJ Maxx sometimes has them. I also buy the lighter tees. Their tees are longer on me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, elegantlion said:

JCP  - St John's Bay - these are a bit heavier, also buy talls

I like the JCP St. John's Bay tees, too. I need petites and they can be hard to find (I assume talls are, too). The St. John's Bay are very inexpensive when they're on sale. I can't tell a ton of difference in quality or durability between them and LE or LL Bean, both of which I also buy. I actually prefer the SJB to LL Bean's supima tees. Those are a little too silky feeling for my liking. Something about the texture makes my skin crawl just a little bit, and they never seem to want to behave themselves w/o riding up. The SJB have a little more texture and tend to "stick" a little better to my pants.

• Like 3