Menu

What are you excited about right now?

mommyoffive

My dd is in her first high school theatre production in two weeks. Participating in theatre is one of the reasons she stopped homeschooling and opted to attend high school. She was fortunate to make the cast (the only freshman who made it) and she has loved participating. I can’t wait to see her in the show. I have had zero involvement beyond picking her up from rehearsal so I have not had to do any work for it and have not seen a peek of it. 

Thanksgiving. Instead of hosting my extended family for Thanksgiving (which is a big job) my dh, dd and I are driving to FL to spend it with 22yo ds and his gf and her family. 24 yo and 19 yo ds are going to fly in to meet us there. We have  booked a condo with lots of room and I am not expected to cook. I am going to start collecting goodies and hostess gifts to take with me and I will definitely contribute but my son’s girlfriend has made it clear she wants to host me and for me to get to relax for once. Sweet. 

Edited by teachermom2834
  • Like 15

1 minute ago, teachermom2834 said:

My dd is in her first high school theatre production in two weeks. Participating in theatre is one of the reasons she stopped homeschooling and opted to attend high school. She was fortunate to make the cast (the only freshman who made it) and she has loved participating. I can’t wait to see her in the show. I have had zero involvement beyond picking her up from rehearsal so I have not had to do any work for it and have not seen a peek of it. 

Thanksgiving. Instead of hosting my extended family for Thanksgiving (which is a big job) my dh, dd and I are driving to FL to spend it with 22yo ds and his gf and her family. 24 yo and 19 yo ds are going to fly in to meet us there. We have  booked a condo with lots of room and I am not expected to cook. I am going to start collecting goodies and hostess gifts to take with me and I will definitely contribute but my son’s girlfriend has made it clear she wants to host me and for me to get to relax for once. Sweet. 

Oh how awesome.  What show is she doing?

Your Thanksgiving sounds awesome.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow (inshallah) a watch I ordered for myself from Amazon during their recent Early Prime Sale is finally due to arrive.

I had given a watch purchase a lot of thought (and the degree of overthinking on this one you would not believe) I had just decided on this model as a rugged model that could serve as an everyday watch. A day or two after making this "decision," it went on sale for the best price since 2017.

But this order has has been a comedy errors on their part.

So in addition to the fantastic deal on the original sale, they keep compensating me with gift vouchers due to the problems on their end.

In the end, a classic "square" Casio G-Shock 5600 (an iconic digital watch IMO) is only going to cost me less than $10.

For weeks it has been "shipping early," then delayed, then "early," then delayed. Playing with my mind. LOL

But (surprisingly, as it was now supposed to arrive Wednesday) it is now trackable for delivery tomorrow. 

What could possibly go wrong?  :tongue:

Bill

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

I'm looking forward to spending Christmas at the beach, imagining lovely weather and a relaxed day, skipping several family events to do so. I get really peopled out by lots of events on at this time, so getting away should be good. I have to plan the work Christmas party, and I'm thinking I'll put it in November so we can get it over with early, also before the next Covid wave really takes off. There's a local place where we can eat outdoors. 

Also looking forward to various TV things that we can watch as a family, such as Marvel specials and the Enola Holmes movie. 

• Like 5

Both of my boys will be coming home for Christmas. We live in Alaska and my oldest is in GA. He graduated App State in May and commissioned as a 2LT into the US Army. My youngest is at Kansas State Univ as a freshman this year. I miss both of them and am SO thrilled that they will both be home for the holidays. BEST Christmas present ever!!

Last night I was super excited to watch the Aurora make a beautiful showing directly over our home. It was magical!

Edited by Corbster98
  • Like 13

My lower legs were hurting really badly every day before we left for vacation. I have varicose veins, was guessing a circulation problem, and was ready to go to the doctor when we got back. I literally had a hard time walking and especially getting off the floor sometimes. 

I had *zero* pain on vacation, which I can only attribute to all the walking we did. Since getting back, I've walked every day and still feel well. I'm excited to feel better and excited for the kick in the pants that should lead to better health. I also lost a couple pounds on vacay--not usual for me! 🙂 

• Like 13

That my boyfriend of 5 months and  i just survived 2 weeks of terrible, very high level stress hitting from 5 different directions at once. We came out stronger and more unified as a family than ever. It is such a different relationship to me than my xh of 30 years. I never had someone walk beside me an be part of a functional team before. ❤️

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, Tap said:

That my boyfriend of 5 months and  i just survived 2 weeks of terrible, very high level stress hitting from 5 different directions at once. We came out stronger and more unified as a family than ever. It is such a different relationship to me than my xh of 30 years. I never had someone walk beside me an be part of a functional team before. ❤️

I am so happy for you!

5 hours ago, Tap said:

That sounds amazing Tap! Excited for you too!

• Like 1

This evening is the Halloween party we planned for our grandsons. I still need to clean up the living room and mop the kitchen floor. But the monster strawberries, kiwi frankensteins, tombstone carrots, spider deviled eggs, no bake cookie monsters, tangelo pumpkins, three kinds of decorated cookies, vegetable tray, cheese tray, and cotton candy machine are ready. I still have to bake the mini-franks mummies, the potions to drink, the cauliflower brain, and assemble the treat bags (glow sticks, Bertie Bots Every Flavored Beans, bubbles, stickers, slime dough, and a cookie), and have a shower. The best part is Dd is feeling really well so she prepped all the veggies, iced the cookies, and helped with decorating.

We have a catapult and each child can launch a biodegradable pouch of veggie/fruit leftovers into the cove, plus pumpkin painting, pumpkin bowling, potion making, and a free play area, and will have "Curse of the Wererabbit" playing on the living room wall with sil's DVD projector. I will also run a "creepy story" station and have a bunch of cute, children's short stories ready.

I have been reading the Bunnicula books to the oldest grandson for the last two weeks. He and I are having a blast with that.

• Like 3

I’m excited that we just got a super duper water filtration system installed. No more hard, yellow water!!! My toilets and showers can stay white with less effort! And hopefully I won’t want to scratch my skin off this winter.

Also, my heated jacket and gloves arrive today. Looking forward to lots of winter walking.

Plus I intend to win the Powerball, so that’s exciting. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Getting to use my new to me camper. We bought it three weeks ago and all I've been able to do was clean it and DH took it to storage since our driveway is too small. I was supposed to camp with it this weekend but COVID has waylaid my plans. Unfortunately, most campgrounds in our area turn off water and close showerhouses this week so any camping I'll be able to do in November will be dry camping. I hope to take it out at least once. I would at least like to hook it up and practice backing it into a couple of sites.

I joined an outdoor challenge from one of the nearby cities. There are 12 outdoor areas and trails to visit. I had completed 5 before COVID and I am really excited about getting to the other 7. The autumn colors will be gone before I can get to them but I am still excited to see new areas.

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Corbster98 said:

Both of my boys will be coming home for Christmas. We live in Alaska and my oldest is in GA. He graduated App State in May and commissioned as a 2LT into the US Army. My youngest is at Kansas State Univ as a freshman this year. I miss both of them and am SO thrilled that they will both be home for the holidays. BEST Christmas present ever!!

Last night I was super excited to watch the Aurora make a beautiful showing directly over our home. It was magical!

Aww your Christmas is going to be so wonderful!!

So awesome you got to see that last night.   On my bucket list.

3 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’m excited that we just got a super duper water filtration system installed. No more hard, yellow water!!! My toilets and showers can stay white with less effort! And hopefully I won’t want to scratch my skin off this winter.

Also, my heated jacket and gloves arrive today. Looking forward to lots of winter walking.

Plus I intend to win the Powerball, so that’s exciting. 🤣

You will have to let us know how you like the coat and gloves

44 minutes ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

Thanksgiving. My SIL, who I adore, is hosting and we are spending a couple of nights at her house. I will of course help with food prep, but I won’t have the pressure of hosting. Looking forward to good food, good conversations, and lots of board games. Plus my son will be home from college to join us.  

So glad you get to see your son.  It will be a wonderful holiday.

11 hours ago, Tap said:

So happy for you!

3 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

This evening is the Halloween party we planned for our grandsons. I still need to clean up the living room and mop the kitchen floor. But the monster strawberries, kiwi frankensteins, tombstone carrots, spider deviled eggs, no bake cookie monsters, tangelo pumpkins, three kinds of decorated cookies, vegetable tray, cheese tray, and cotton candy machine are ready. I still have to bake the mini-franks mummies, the potions to drink, the cauliflower brain, and assemble the treat bags (glow sticks, Bertie Bots Every Flavored Beans, bubbles, stickers, slime dough, and a cookie), and have a shower. The best part is Dd is feeling really well so she prepped all the veggies, iced the cookies, and helped with decorating.

We have a catapult and each child can launch a biodegradable pouch of veggie/fruit leftovers into the cove, plus pumpkin painting, pumpkin bowling, potion making, and a free play area, and will have "Curse of the Wererabbit" playing on the living room wall with sil's DVD projector. I will also run a "creepy story" station and have a bunch of cute, children's short stories ready.

I have been reading the Bunnicula books to the oldest grandson for the last two weeks. He and I are having a blast with that.

Your party sounds so fun!

18 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Younger son is taking a class that is located near me (for his job) and he will “live” here for one week! He’ll be bringing his cat. I adore her. 

ETA: And we’ll all go to the air show together. 

Glad to you get to see your son and get some cat snuggles.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MercyA said:

My lower legs were hurting really badly every day before we left for vacation. I have varicose veins, was guessing a circulation problem, and was ready to go to the doctor when we got back. I literally had a hard time walking and especially getting off the floor sometimes. 

I had *zero* pain on vacation, which I can only attribute to all the walking we did. Since getting back, I've walked every day and still feel well. I'm excited to feel better and excited for the kick in the pants that should lead to better health. I also lost a couple pounds on vacay--not usual for me! 🙂 

Glad you are not in pain anymore.  Where did you go on vacation.

17 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Tomorrow (inshallah) a watch I ordered for myself from Amazon during their recent Early Prime Sale is finally due to arrive.

I had given a watch purchase a lot of thought (and the degree of overthinking on this one you would not believe) I had just decided on this model as a rugged model that could serve as an everyday watch. A day or two after making this "decision," it went on sale for the best price since 2017.

But this order has has been a comedy errors on their part.

So in addition to the fantastic deal on the original sale, they keep compensating me with gift vouchers due to the problems on their end.

In the end, a classic "square" Casio G-Shock 5600 (an iconic digital watch IMO) is only going to cost me less than $10.

For weeks it has been "shipping early," then delayed, then "early," then delayed. Playing with my mind. LOL

But (surprisingly, as it was now supposed to arrive Wednesday) it is now trackable for delivery tomorrow. 

What could possibly go wrong?  :tongue:

Bill

I hope you get the watch!  Yay for a deal.

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

I'm excited about a trip to Costa Rica with dh and a friend to visit friends and enjoy the sunshine in Jan 2023! I've never been there before, and it's going to be a lovely time! 

Aww that sounds so nice.  Warmth and sun in Jan will be wonderful.  I hope you have a great time.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

Getting to use my new to me camper. We bought it three weeks ago and all I've been able to do was clean it and DH took it to storage since our driveway is too small. I was supposed to camp with it this weekend but COVID has waylaid my plans. Unfortunately, most campgrounds in our area turn off water and close showerhouses this week so any camping I'll be able to do in November will be dry camping. I hope to take it out at least once. I would at least like to hook it up and practice backing it into a couple of sites.

I joined an outdoor challenge from one of the nearby cities. There are 12 outdoor areas and trails to visit. I had completed 5 before COVID and I am really excited about getting to the other 7. The autumn colors will be gone before I can get to them but I am still excited to see new areas.

So awesome to get the camper.  I am sorry Covid ruined your plans.  I hope you feel better soon. Do you have any big plans for trips with the camper?

13 hours ago, bookbard said:

I'm looking forward to spending Christmas at the beach, imagining lovely weather and a relaxed day, skipping several family events to do so. I get really peopled out by lots of events on at this time, so getting away should be good. I have to plan the work Christmas party, and I'm thinking I'll put it in November so we can get it over with early, also before the next Covid wave really takes off. There's a local place where we can eat outdoors. 

Also looking forward to various TV things that we can watch as a family, such as Marvel specials and the Enola Holmes movie. 

I want to be on the beach for Christmas!!  Enjoy.

• Like 1