Menu

If you're homeschooling fulltime, how many outside activities do you do?

My kids do scouts, a music class, and a kickboxing class. 

I encourage outschool (online) classes; one child is doing a social class once a week, the other picks and chooses as he likes.

We try to take them swimming once a week, and walking (bushwalking or similar) once a week.

What about you guys?

We have do an in-person class or field trip once a week (with our charter school), PE class, and a Chinese Music Class. In the spring, my oldest does teeball during the little league baseball season (Spring). Next year my youngest might start doing ice-skating because she expressed interest in that, my preferred skating rink doesn't take kids until they are 5.  

• Like 1

I have 4 at home and we have:

Fencing for my oldest three 2-3 x a week

A sewing class once a week for my oldest daughter

A homeschool pe class once a week, all kids can participate 

A homeschool zoo class once a month, oldest three

A Catholic homeschool group that meets twice a month (once a month class on a religion topic, once a month social park day), all kids participate 

I run dungeons and dragons twice a month for my oldest two and some friends

We try to meet up with friends on Wednesdays for park play, a hike, or a field trip. This ends up being about every two weeks.

I feel very busy 😅

Last year, they were doing a sport each season, art class, park days, and church group. Currently, just a sport and weekly park date. 4H and Trail Life were on the table, but the times of the 3 things conflicted totally. We will likely late start Trail Life once this ball season closes. I also took up ballet, so that took away another evening of availability.

• Like 1

The 6th grader is on a company team at his dance studio, so he's there four days a week for 8-9 classes. (And would take more if I didn't make him leave one day open!)

The 9th grader is at a different dance studio twice a week, for about 4-6 hours a week. 

As a family we do west coast swing dance once a week (2-3 hours, including a class and social dance). 

One of the graduates and hub are still involved in their Boy Scout troop. Hub will go camping even if the Eagle Scout can't. 😄

None of that is during school hours. I try to work in a field trip or two a month with local homeschoolers, and those cut into school time.

• Like 1

A lot. More than I meant to, but it’s what we need to do for various reasons. I have 2 at home. They are 13 and 17. 

Both have scouts, church and youth group, and Taekwondo. 

Ds also has FTC (robotics) and a sword class and he works 3-4 hours a week for a lawyer. 

Dd also has a co-op twice a month and travel soccer. Oh and a weekly history discussion/book club with one other family. 

Edited by freesia

Right now we are past my comfort level with activities.

13yo has an outsourced science class (weekly), musical practices (2-5 times weekly), Latin club (monthly club meetings plus weekly practice for her activity in the club plus occasional competitions), and church youth group. 10yo has volleyball (2x/week). 8yo has speech and occupational therapies (one therapy per week, alternating) and taekwondo (2x/week). All three go to Grammy and Grandpa's house for 2-3 hours once a week.

Some of those don't feel like "activities," exactly, but they are things I have to take kids to. And I am feeling like it's too much, but not sure what I would cut. 🤷‍♀️ We've already cut some things - we were doing piano for all three, but we needed to change instructors, and I haven't gotten them signed up at the new place yet because I don't know when we would do it. The younger two were also going to do the choir they've done since they were tiny, but the volleyball and musical practices conflicted with choir and we couldn't make it happen. I feel really sad about not having any music instruction happening for 10yo and 8yo right now.

It depends on the age.  We've always done church Sun and Wed night, and we've always had 1 co-op day.  We've been at the same co-op for 12 years, and for little kids it only offers enrichment classes.  My kids were able to choose 2 activities in elementary, and I encouraged one of them to be physical.  Older played baseball fall and spring and basketball in the winter, with scouts being the second activity.  Younger takes violin, and has rotated through dance, basketball, and baseball, before finding karate and jiu jitsu.  I was militant about the 2-activity limit because I knew that many activities become more time consuming as you get older and it's easier to add more than to drop.  And I was right...baseball added pitching lessons, and then weekend tournament ball, once kid got to middle school  Karate added the occasional travel to compeititions, along with extra practice.

Then one of the co-op teachers recruited the kids to Science Olympiad as they reached 5th grade.  That's a weekly during-the-day practice from December through March.  The kids learn a ton, and since a lot of co-op kids participate it really reinforced some friendships, but it definitely upped their time management requirement.  

In high school, older played one year of basketball on the homeschool team before deciding to drop due to the fact that high school sports are basically year-round activities and kid's academics are too challenging to manage that.  So, now kid just does baseball and is much more content.  Kid is still doing scouts, Science Olympiad, and has added the PBS quiz bowl, which finishes its season right as SO is kicking in so at least that isn't a double up.  Kid is working on something all the time and has firm boundaries about time, but seems mosly happy with this combo.  Now that kid can drive, it's not so bad for me, either.  

Younger, in middle school, wants to do all the things and I have to keep it manageable.  We still have karate, SO, and violin and have also added volleyball.  Volleyball practices a lot in the summer and then has a short season in the fall, so it hasn't been too bad but now kid wants to consider travel ball.  That is likely to be a conflict with kid's music, since kid has joined the youth choir, youth bell ensemble, and youth praise band at church.  The rehearsals are all in a row before youth social time (which older doesn't attend but younger does) on Sunday night.  I don't think that travel sports are compatible with that, so we're encouraging kid to consider some sports lessons, which would be cheaper than traveling and would let kid keep doing the music thing.  

It's a busy schedule and some think it's nuts.  I'm a homebody by nature, but I do love cheering my kids on as they do their thing.  We've met so many great people and it's been a learning experience for me - I can now operate a scoreboard and keep a volleyball score sheet, I've helped coach SO and run quiz bowl practice, and I've traveled to places that I never would have seen otherwise.  As much as it's been tiring, I'm sad to realize that I have a limited number of years left to do it.  

My dc did Scottish Highland dance, 4-H, Camp Fire, marching youth band, and soccer. Church, of course. None of those happened during the day, only late afternoon/evening or Saturdays. We did Camp Fire as independents: no group meetings, worked on badges at home (although over time, more homeschoolers became involved, and we did parades and other things as a group). We only did soccer two years.

My two that are still homeschooling are high schoolers, and they both deal with physical health challenges. So, we have chosen not to be involved in anything that is long term unless they can drop it without letting anyone down (no team sports or activities). We dropped co-op in 2020 due to differing beliefs regarding covid restrictions. 

Older: weekly online art class/club, volunteer at science museum, monthly book club at library, monthly service day at library, biweekly D&D group

Younger: 2x weekly photography class/club online, teen advisory council of library, other one-off classes or groups as she chooses - She'd like to do some volunteer work but hasn't found a fit yet.

I have always put a limit on our kids' ECs bc with a big family, ECs can be very disruptive.  

This yr my 7th and 11th graders have activities on M, T, and W.  M afternoons are violin lesson, ballroom dancing, and orchestra.  T is a Broadway choral and choreography class and then choir, and Wed is piano and youth group.  

I could not manage 1 more activity.  It would push me over the edge of my limit.  I like the frontloading of activities on M and T bc I dread Mondays regardless.  🙂

Lots. It is what works for us.

DS11 is in public school 6th grade.
- He is in a weekly bowling league

My home educated crew are in 1st, 4th and 8th grades.
- Mondays they are all in Nature class for 4 hours
- Tuesdays they are all in Immersion Spanish for 5 hours
- Wednesdays my 4th grader has a piano lesson, both the younger two have a gym class, and my oldest is in a board game club
- Thursdays my 4th grader has another piano lesson, and they take in-person electives through their virtual school for 5 hours: Art, Gym, Escape Room, Circus School, and other cool classes
- Fridays my oldest has an action sports class and a comic book drawing class and my youngest has speech therapy online

Edited to add, all of the activites fit into our schedule, don't interefere with dinner, aren't in the evenings or weekends.

Edited by wendyroo

I zealously guard our time out of the house. Most ECs, while certainly fun and somewhat worthwhile, just don't provide enough ROI to justify their toll on our family time, especially if they just involve one kid.

Wednesdays the piano teacher comes to our house for a lesson, so that's not out of the house. Then I take the 10 year old to a speech therapy appt.

We all do a PE class at a local private school on Fridays. We all have speech and debate club on Mondays during the fall. Winter and spring the middle and high schoolers do drama on Fridays.

That's it.

We keep busy as a family with volunteering and misc get togethers with friends and church. But those aren't formal or every week or for just one kid.

• Like 5

Some of our activities are done in our home, but I still have to work around the time. 

3 days a week DS has a language lesson from a native speaker that comes to our home. Each time is 2.5 hours long. 

Once a week he has piano. But the teacher comes to us. 

Basketball is twice a week. 

Swimming will start in November once a week. 

Chess club is once a week. 

Then we have church activities on Sundays and Tuesdays. 

I teach 3 art classes one day a week out of my house (so it's all day of various friends in and out) and that's it for scheduled weekly things. We try to go to the library once a week and have friends over periodically (but not weekly). And church on Sundays.

Edited by LauraClark

Weekly: 

Library trip

Homeschool Art at a studio 

Homeschool park day (tbh I usually only go every other week)

Church activities. Christmas musical is coming up, so that’ll be an extra night a week to practice. 

Monthly:

Lego club 

Board game society

Young Historians Club 

Homeschool day the children's museum

Homeschool day at the trampoline park 

Other field trips as they pop up. Ex. “Homeschool day the pumpkin patch” 

I would like to get them into a sport but I’m not committing to 3-4 nightly practices and games every Saturday. Nope. Maybe they can try ultimate frisbee in the spring. 😂

Our family maybe doesn't "count" since we have 1 in PS and two that are homeschooled, but for the two homeschooled kids:

Each have a weekly 30 minute music lesson

Both attend 2x per month game club

DS13 does a 3 month sport season (DS15 does this also, it isn't a school activity) that involves 3x per week practice during that time plus weekend competition

DS10 does a rec soccer season at a different time than the older boys sport

DS10 attends a casual outdoor/playground games meet-up when it works for our schedule (it's on the calendar every Saturday but we don't go every week)

As a family we have church activities 

That's it - DS10 has sometimes done chess club/classes, but we can't find one that works for our schedule right now. 

Our public school student, DS15, has school extracurriculars, but they don't impact the rest of the family's schedule that much. 

Edited by kirstenhill

We did a lot more out of the house before Covid. I was seriously burned out. DS14 has a weekly 2 hour art class out of the house now. He also plays D&D once a week via outschool and has 2 video game meetups a week. 

In the past, we were out of the house for all sorts of things: park days, lego club, a tween club at the library, art classes, chess club, and some STEAM events I ran for the local homeschool group. It was too much. DS doesn't even remember half of what we did. 

The only other thing I'm looking for right now is a cooking class for DS. He is thinking about culinary school, so I thought we'd try something low-stakes first to see what he thinks. 

The three youngest do a gym/swim class 1x week, Trail Life/AHG 1x week, and we randomly do ice skating throughout the school year. 
Our 12yo does AHG, Youth group, one play/year, mock trial, and she’s currently taking an in person science class, & in person art class and two light online classes. 
Our 15yo does in person classes at our homeschool building twice/week - speech, Biology lab, Spanish, and also does competitive mock trial, play, youth group, and AHG. 
Our 16yo takes three community college classes in person, youth group, coaches middle school mock trial first semester (2 evenings) and competes second semester (3 evening practices), play, student council for our homeschool program, and is currently doing a 40 hour internship. 

Life is a little nuts but my 16yo drives. ♥️ I’m home MTW all day usually. Monday night I volunteer with AHG. TH is the day I run kids to places so we do basics in the AM and classes in the afternoon. Friday is hit or miss whether we’re home or not, dependent on errands, friends, etc.

17 hours ago, MissLemon said:

We did a lot more out of the house before Covid. I was seriously burned out.

Yes, it was amazing what a huge break lockdown was for us, and a lot of other people mentioned it too. We'd been doing early morning swimming lessons then and we never went back to it. 

• Like 1

My oldest son takes tae kwon do 1-2 times per week. The next in line takes piano once per week. #3, daughter, takes group ballet, artistic sports privates, and tumbling privates— usually she is busy 2 times per week. I added tumbling because she can do it the same time as TKD. My youngest isn’t in anything yet, and he is kinder. I try to do most things the same day of the week,1-2 days per week is all I can do on a regular basis. I love days when we must go nowhere. I’m still living in Covid fear, so I’m sure we could get out more otherwise… but this already affects school enough for me. 

Edited by Ting Tang

Most would cringe at our schedule...my dh often tells my kids to be thankful its not him who has to do the running because then they would all stay home!
My oldest is a competitive powerlifter so she does crossfit/weight training 5 days a week, she takes piano lessons, is very involved in church and student ministry band, as well as works a part time job, and takes one class a week at co-op.

ds plays competitive tennis and plays 6 days a week, coaches tennis 2 days,  church, co-op one day a week.

dd - plays soccer and volleyball (school and club) (Sports are 5-6 days a week) and stays VERY busy. She also is in a homeschool theater group for fall, take piano lessons, and is very involved in church as well. Co-op  once a week.

We also plan for one field trip a month. 

A lot!  Always have.  

DD8 has two dance classes a week. She for the next 8 weeks she also has physical therapy appointments twice a week (She is still in recovery from a major surgery last winter.)  So luckily that won't be all year, but hopefully it will help with her issues.  She is a scout, but we are not doing regular scout meetings.  We are just doing council activities, troop field trips, and fundraising this year.  That still equals 2-3 activities a month.  She is in a once a week half day co-op.  And we attend 1-2 library classes a week.  Sometimes co-op has an extra field trip, but that isn't even every month. 

With just one kiddo this is an easy schedule to keep up as long as we stay on track.  I am now working part time out of the house daily as well.  That is a first for me since I am now down to one homeschooler at home.  Dh and I have worked out a schedule that works for us for this year. 

22 hours ago, bookbard said:

Yes, it was amazing what a huge break lockdown was for us, and a lot of other people mentioned it too. We'd been doing early morning swimming lessons then and we never went back to it. 

Before the pandemic, I had been daydreaming about spending a year or two semi-alone. I'd gotten the idea from an Alanis Morissette interview I heard years ago, about how she spent a year or two after a breakup mostly alone. She went about her business but didn't seek out friendships or relationships. She spent the time in her own head, sorting out who she was and what she wanted.  And I thought "I really need that, but with homeschooling..."

File under: Careful what you wish for.

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 1

My DS9 is incredibly social & athletic. He’s involved in club soccer, group tennis lessons, group art classes, private violin lessons, Scouts, & a social homeschool co-op (field trips & holiday parties).

For about 8wks from Sept-Nov & again from March-May, our schedule is crazy! He has >12hrs/wk of activities those weeks, not including at least one camp out during each stretch which takes place from a Friday evening to a Sunday morning. 

The rest of the year various activities are on break at any given time, so it’s less hectic.

Edited by Shoes+Ships+SealingWax

12yo - Equestrian - 2x a week all year round except major holidays. 

10yo - Equestrian - 1x a week

Piano from Nana - 1x a week

Girl Guides - 1 to 2x a week

9yo - Archery - 1x a week all year round except for major holidays

9yo - Karate - 1x a week during the school year

4yo - swimming lessons

On Fridays we either go to my Inlaws pool to swim or our local pool for an hour. 

We are busy Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. 

On 9/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, MissLemon said:

Before the pandemic, I had been daydreaming about spending a year or two semi-alone. I'd gotten the idea from an Alanis Morissette interview I heard years ago, about how she spent a year or two after a breakup mostly alone. She went about her business but didn't seek out friendships or relationships. She spent the time in her own head, sorting out who she was and what she wanted.  And I thought "I really need that, but with homeschooling..."

File under: Careful what you wish for.

I feel terrible saying this because the pandemic has caused to much loss of life, but I did enjoy not having to feel like I had to do so much.   My daughter is in a competitive activity as some of you know, and whenever I get an email about an upcoming competition, I start to stress.  We thought there actually wouldn't be any more in our state for several months until the winter, a welcomed break, but then an organization decided to add one.  I honestly do feel like kids should get break.  I was kinda peeved someone decided there needed to be one.   Everything is year round anymore.  My nephew even plays baseball year round. I know it is still a choice technically...but things really have changed since I was a kid.  And I feel like we are still on the lighter side of things in our family, but I am tired as it is.  I find it hard to stay on track with homeschool whenever we have to plan to leave the house.

When my kids were young they did a few different things per week like art class, homeschool swim class, piano, etc.  As they got older and each found the thing they loved the most, we would prioritize time and money to that thing for that kid, eg climbing, music, soccer, and theater in descending order by age.  My soccer kid still did watercolor lessons with a friend, and music kid still did costume sewing at the high school, etc, but the focus in high school was easier to maintain than the trying-different-things stage of the younger years.

Edited by Eos

I've got 4 kids with the oldest being 10. We try to stick to things that they can all do, just at different levels, to reduce the driving time and keep things streamlined in my head. Right now we have: Sunday: Church and Scouts, Monday: Soccer practice, Tuesday is free!, Wednesday: literature bowl for eldest, church music for all, Thursday: gymnastics class and sometimes a history center class, Friday is often a field trip, Saturday soccer game.

This already feels so busy I can't imagine what we would do if different kids had different things on the same day. We keep most things to the afternoon and evening so that there's plenty of time for school and play, but supper can be tricky.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, Xahm said:

I've got 4 kids with the oldest being 10. We try to stick to things that they can all do, just at different levels, to reduce the driving time and keep things streamlined in my head. Right now we have: Sunday: Church and Scouts, Monday: Soccer practice, Tuesday is free!, Wednesday: literature bowl for eldest, church music for all, Thursday: gymnastics class and sometimes a history center class, Friday is often a field trip, Saturday soccer game.

This already feels so busy I can't imagine what we would do if different kids had different things on the same day. We keep most things to the afternoon and evening so that there's plenty of time for school and play, but supper can be tricky.

We have four, and I feel busy, too.  But we are not as busy as many I see. For us, most everything local is local and within 5 minutes of each other.  The hard thing is I wasn't able to get my son's piano lesson to be the same time as my other kids' TKD and Dance.  We do have one activity that is very far away.    As we've added things, I feel like it has been really hard to do homeschool really, really well on the days we have to be somewhere.  Even if it is later in the day, I am anticipating getting everyone ready and so forth to go...  It's just hard to get lost and be enthralled in things.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 6:30 PM, Ting Tang said:

I feel terrible saying this because the pandemic has caused to much loss of life, but I did enjoy not having to feel like I had to do so much.   My daughter is in a competitive activity as some of you know, and whenever I get an email about an upcoming competition, I start to stress.  We thought there actually wouldn't be any more in our state for several months until the winter, a welcomed break, but then an organization decided to add one.  I honestly do feel like kids should get break.  I was kinda peeved someone decided there needed to be one.   Everything is year round anymore.  My nephew even plays baseball year round. I know it is still a choice technically...but things really have changed since I was a kid.  And I feel like we are still on the lighter side of things in our family, but I am tired as it is.  I find it hard to stay on track with homeschool whenever we have to plan to leave the house.

I understand completely. I really, really needed the break that the pandemic gave me. I just wish we didn't have to endure a pandemic to get that break.

• Like 1

3rd, 4th, & 5th graders - AHG & Trail Life, poetry recital 2x year, a gym & swim class at the Y once a week

7th grader - one play, competitive mock trial season, a couple classes during fall and/or spring (currently a five week neuroscience class and a drawing dragons art class, AHG, youth group.)

9th grader - play, choir, competitive mock trial, youth group, AHG. We’ve outsourced a speech/writing class, art, Spanish, and a Biology lab class for this year. They meet Thursdays & Fridays. 

11th grader - play, choir, competitive mock trial as a competitor and she co-coaches a middle school team during first semester. She is currently doing a 40-45 hour internship. We outsourced math, statistics, oral communication, Comp I & II to the community college this year. She works about 6 hours a week on Saturdays during this school year. 

We don’t load up on outside things until high school. That generally is for the purpose of being their greatest influence for foundational reasons. High school is about equipping them for life - being accountable, managing time well, try out interests, learn to write and speak powerfully and persuasively. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, MissLemon said:

I understand completely. I really, really needed the break that the pandemic gave me. I just wish we didn't have to endure a pandemic to get that break.

I wish we could declare moments of "break time for all."  Without scary diseases.

• Like 2

My 7th grade dd:  Volleyball (soon will be basketball):  Practices and games average four times a week thirty minutes from our house.  I keep the books so I can't skip any games.  Co-op three Fridays a month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (40 minutes from our house but I can drop them off).  Teen Bible Study twice a month in the evening (another 30 minute drive in a different direction).

My 8th grade son:  Soccer (averages three practices/games a week) same distance to drive and I can combine those trips as they are in the same general directions most of the  time.  I've only seen one soccer game this year.  He also does co-op three Fridays a month and is considering playing basketball for the first time ever this year.  He also does Teen Bible study twice a month.

My 11th grade son:  Soccer (see above) will soon turn into basketball with an up in the amount of games/practices.  I keep the books for basketball too so no skipping any games.  He also works between 20 and 28 hours a week at our local dairy . . mainly three days a week (the days of no practice but when he has any other unexpected day off from sports they are pulling him in to help cover.  It's his choice . . . he wants to go to flight school and this is how he's going to finance it - I'm proud of him!  He doesn't have his license yet so we have to drop him off and pick him up - about a 10 minute round trip.  Only problem is he closes which for Saturday nights means I need to stay awake until after midnight - one of my biggest challenges!

We are way busier outside the house than we have ever been and there is no way I would have been able to keep up with this schedule when my house was full of babies and toddlers but our lives have changed and now we can.  We still did sports back in those days but that was all. . . in fact, this is the first year the word co-op has entered our vocabulary!

Edited by Tenaj
clarity

I have 5 kids but will only share 4 since the oldest can drive and I'm not involved for his out of the home activities anymore.

2nd and 3rd do Cross country at the public school 4 days a week plus meets on Saturday.

5th,4th, & 3rd do a 1x a week co-op class for 2 hours.

5th & 4th have a science class with friends 2x a week

Church on Sundays for all of us and Wednesdays for all my teens and husband. My 4th has a church class 2x a month on Wednesday too.

We used to have soccer 3x a week for 2 hours each day but I cancelled that as I felt like that was way too much for us. We may cancel the co-op class in the new year, I'm not sure though.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was homeschooling full time we did very few outside activities.   We did no outside activities (except church and park and the occasional museum day) our first year, our second and third year we did co-op and the occasional field trip, after we moved the next year and didn't find a good co-op we did museums pretty regularly and did a weekly Spanish class the first part of the year, and last half of the year did Parkour once a week.  He went back to school after that.

I homeschooled him one more year after covid hit, in 6th grade (my older kids did distance learning), and we did no outside activities, other than just going to the park to do PE or hiking or going to the beach (for obvious reasons...either things were closed or felt unsafe).

None of my kids in public school did much for extra-curriculars either.

Piano on Mondays, church on Wednesdays (this isn't a formal religious service but they just have some fun activity each week for kids 8 and up. Things like sports outside in the summer, touring local museums, board games, etc.), and a co-op (all electives) on Fridays from 9:15 to 12:30. My girls had ballet on Mondays right after piano but the teacher switched the time to Fridays at 12:30 and it's 20 minutes away from where the co-op is so we had to drop it. And that is more than enough for this introverted hermit! 😉

Edit 1/12/23 - Co-op ended (hallelujah!), Back to ballet twice a week. Luckily in evenings now so my husband can take them and I get my hermit time. 😄

Edited by wisdomandtreasures

My homeschooling kids are 17 and 15. This answer was vastly different when I had littles.

ds has tae kwon do 3 days a week, an hour per class

dd has violin lessons once a week. She and i also go to the ymca for fitness classes three days a week. Dd works one day a week (5 hour shift) and 2 Saturdays a month at a local fast food place.

they both participate in a drama classs I teach, 2 hours per week. We also have a coop every other week. 

also church and church activities.

hmmm…

no wonder I’m tired all the time.

it does help that my dd drives to her stuff except for the ymca.

My 10yo and 12yo play cricket (it's an Aussie thing 😉) which involves training on Monday and a game on Friday. They have two dance classes each on Tuesdays. Wednesday is choir...currently in 2 choirs because one is their regular kid's choir and one is a special choir leading up to Christmas. Both rehearsals are on Wednesday (thankfully at different times). Thursday is free for them except they usually have friends come over then. Sunday is kid's church and sometimes another kids group they are in. They were doing horse riding lessons on Mondays but it clashes with cricket training now so it had to stop. They also do piano and violin but I'm a piano teacher and one of my older daughters teaches violin so I don't count them as outside activities.

None of these activities are homeschool groups. We occasionally do a homeschool group activity as well. 

These two kids are my 7th and 8th. When my older kids were younger we did waaay less outside activities so this feels like a lot.  But it's just the way things are at the moment 😊.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I could only ever really manage one regular outside thing.   For our first couple years it was a homeschool co-op.   Later it was a Spanish class (not with a co-op), and then Par-kour.   We would do lots occasional field trips and such as cool things came up (maybe one or two a month), but more than one of anything weekly was too much.   Cause any "out" in our day and I got nothing else done for homeschool.