Menu

Am needing urgent positive thoughts for my sister

Melissa in Australia

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh! I hadn't been online much yesterday and missed that her gallbladder had burst! The pain must have been unbearable! There is NO excuse for the hospital having allowed that to happen. It makes me sick that she has suffered so much when the surgery could have prevented most of it for her. 

I am very relieved that the surgery was a success -- if your mother is allowed to be with her, please tell her to make sure to watch for any signs of infection. I'm sure they are giving your sister antibiotics, but considering that they waited until her gallbladder actually burst before operating, I would be verifying everything they are doing for her now, just to be extra-cautious.

Praying and sending positive thoughts for her recovery!!!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Oh my gosh! I hadn't been online much yesterday and missed that her gallbladder had burst! The pain must have been unbearable! There is NO excuse for the hospital having allowed that to happen. It makes me sick that she has suffered so much when the surgery could have prevented most of it for her. 

I am very relieved that the surgery was a success -- if your mother is allowed to be with her, please tell her to make sure to watch for any signs of infection. I'm sure they are giving your sister antibiotics, but considering that they waited until her gallbladder actually burst before operating, I would be verifying everything they are doing for her now, just to be extra-cautious.

When I needed emergency gallbladder surgery, the pain was unbearable before. I can't even imagine how much pain she was in. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery was successful @Melissa in Australia!

• Like 1

My heart was in my throat just reading the not so great update from the last page to the very good update surgery and today all being ok.

I cannot imagine what your family must be going through. 

But finally glad all is truly well and not a one step forward and two steps back scenario.

Wishes for your sister's recovery and for the entire family to have a calm few days of peace and rest.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Yay! That's such great news!!!

The long ride home in the car will probably be tough for her -- every bump in the road might hurt -- so make sure she has plenty of painkillers on hand.

Her kids will be so excited to see her!

Oh, good point!

Small tip: we moved cross country two weeks after I had a hysterectomy. Every bump in the road was an “ouch!” Having a pillow to clutch in front of my stomach/pelvic area really helped. And painkillers. I had a chihuahua sitting on my lap pillow, too, and the comfort she gave was huge, so maybe pick up a puppy for the ride home! Ha! Just kidding on that one. The pillow was indispensable though. 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

Oh, good point!

Small tip: we moved cross country two weeks after I had a hysterectomy. Every bump in the road was an “ouch!” Having a pillow to clutch in front of my stomach/pelvic area really helped. And painkillers. I had a chihuahua sitting on my lap pillow, too, and the comfort she gave was huge, so maybe pick up a puppy for the ride home! Ha! Just kidding on that one. The pillow was indispensable though. 😊

Yes! The pillow is a great idea! It really helps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Years ago, a hospital near DH’s work did just this.  The surgeon on call played( use your choice of words here) around and DH’s gallbladder burst.  According to DH, he wasn’t in as much pain right after it burst for a tiny bit.  Then it was tremendous.  I had to ride that hospital’s tush to make sure he got the care needed and push for things that would have been standard at any other hospital.  I still remember that surgeon’s name clearly and can’t believe he is still in practice.  

OP-  I hope for your sister she has an easy recovery now.  Tell her it is ok to just take it easy for a bit.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

16 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Years ago, a hospital near DH’s work did just this.  The surgeon on call played( use your choice of words here) around and DH’s gallbladder burst.  According to DH, he wasn’t in as much pain right after it burst for a tiny bit.  Then it was tremendous.  I had to ride that hospital’s tush to make sure he got the care needed and push for things that would have been standard at any other hospital.  I still remember that surgeon’s name clearly and can’t believe he is still in practice.  

OP-  I hope for your sister she has an easy recovery now.  Tell her it is ok to just take it easy for a bit.  

I'm sorry about your poor DH - that must have been awful.  I've had similar situations when doctors didn't believe me in what truly was a medical emergency.  It's awful enough to be scared and in pain but then to have all of that doubted by medical professionals makes it so much worse.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I'm sorry about your poor DH - that must have been awful.  I've had similar situations when doctors didn't believe me in what truly was a medical emergency.  It's awful enough to be scared and in pain but then to have all of that doubted by medical professionals makes it so much worse.  

The kicker was they knew it was extremely inflamed and full of stones.  The surgeon was actually on the golf course according to a nurse. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

The kicker was they knew it was extremely inflamed and full of stones.  The surgeon was actually on the golf course according to a nurse. 

I'm not a vengeful person but I would want something bad to happen to that surgeon.  That is horrible.  😞 

• Like 3