Menu

How much are you paying for internet?

mommyoffive

If you have internet at home, how much are you paying per month? 

And who do you have? 

We have Charter and they bumped up our rate to 75 a month with taxes

I called and got a lower rate, but I still not happy, as they offer 39 a month for new customers and they don't do it for existing. 

And who do you have? 

I called and got a lower rate, but I still not happy, as they offer 39 a month for new customers and they don't do it for existing. 

Most companies give out lower rates for the first year or two. It's clearly stated that it goes up to full price after that time. However, most will bring it back down a bit but not to the new customer rate, if you complain. We pay $140 but that's for both internet and cable.

$75 covers Internet and home phone. We were grandfathered in when our small phone company was bought by Windstream, so we can't change anything (options like caller ID, voicemail, or Internet package) without losing our rate, and any change would be more expensive. We don't have cable/dish/whatever.

$50 for Comcast internet at home and includes xfinity wifi so I do get xfinity wifi coverage in most urban areas. That does help me as my iPhone is on a prepaid plan with no data so I can call my husband using skype or FaceTime using wifi hotspots.

Our internet is high speed but I forgot which plan, just not the slowest. My husband will call and get better rates every time our current promo ends. We are near many free wifi hotspots and have done without home internet. We just walk to the library or Peet's or Starbucks for wifi. So Comcast knows we will walk if our bill goes too high.

Most companies give out lower rates for the first year or two. It's clearly stated that it goes up to full price after that time. However, most will bring it back down a bit but not to the new customer rate, if you complain. We pay $140 but that's for both internet and cable.

Yep.  We always do that.  We have been with them for 10 or 11 years and it has worked all the time.  This time it worked, but not at the level we were paying.  

$78 is our internet portion. It's the fastest speed; DH was working from home for a while (he's not now, but we didn't drop the internet speed). We end up paying $91 monthly with some cable TV stations - it's a weird package. We can't get a DVR and netflix for that price, so we keep the cable TV. DH has to call every year or so because they raise the rate. 

60$ a month for verizon FiOS, which is fiber optic, fast, and AMAZING with the added bonus of not having to ever deal with the Satan that is Comcast and time warner.

I love it so much and when we inevitably move again to where it's not available I will seriously mourn it a little bit. Alllllthe internet devices running alllll at once even when we had four adult guests (so 8 things actively using WiFi at once) never ever any slow downs for any reason ever.

And who do you have?

I have Spectrum 300mbps and pay $99 a month. I don’t complain because I’ve had one outage in the almost 3 years I’ve been here, and they mean it when they say unlimited. We use almost 900GB a month and have never had a problem.

$165 with all taxes/fees.  That includes cable, phone, Internet, and a fixed international calling rate.  This is with Verizon Fios.

If you tell them you are canceling their service, they will very likely try to strike a deal with you.  We do this every year with Fios and it works every year.  LOL 

• Like 1

$75. Small town, no competition in providers.

We also live in a small town and with no competition where we live, unless you count satellite internet which is way expensive and doesn't work as well.

Our fee is $72, that includes our home phone with unlimited long distance and unlimited internet at a pretty good speed, as well as call waiting and caller id.

We are in Colombia. We pay approximately USD $48 a month including taxes. 20 Mbps although so far it's 50 Mbps. FTTH fiber to the house. We have 3 TV sets with the very basic channels. Landline phone with unlimited calling within Colombia. A huge improvement over the previous provider...

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

We pay about $80 a month with taxes for internet and home phone.  There is no break for having both products and the phone portion is $30-35 a month.  I really want to drop that portion but DH has been dragging his feet about helping pick out one of the freeish phone services (like blackjack or ooma) but I need his help because I'm not techy and everything runs through a proxy server to block junk on the internet so I have to have his input to make sure he can make the phone service work with his proxy thing.

In the states we paid 75 USD. It is so high in the US! Other places in the world it is so much cheaper. I pay 18 USD a month here in Turkey.

it may be cheaper but how's the quality? the speed? Is it comparable or are you paying in "waiting time" (as in waiting for websites to load, etc)?

What is this?  I googled and it says you have to bundle internet, phone and cable. 

Can you tell me more?  That is cheap. 

That is how they get you.  The price difference between internet alone verses bundling all three is so small we just go with the package deal.  What really irks me though is they don't offer land lines.  So it's just VoIP which would be pretty much free otherwise.  But, again, bundling....

it may be cheaper but how's the quality? the speed? Is it comparable or are you paying in "waiting time" (as in waiting for websites to load, etc)?

Faster than what we had in the states. I am illiterate in these terms, but it is faster.

Honestly, this is an area where comparable to US the rest of the world is generally so much cheaper. At least all the countries I have lived in. In several places internet was unreliable, but it was cheap so no problem. But most places have reliable cheap service.

Edited by lolo

$100 month for high speed and basic cable with Comcast.  We are heavy internet users so we pay for that privilege.  Quite often we will have ds gaming and 2 or more devices streaming at the same time. 

This is us too.  And for $50 more we get TV and phone, so we have all of it.

DH works from home 3 days per week min. and needs the higher speeds.

we pay $60 with comcast for the faster internet.  Dh has to call every year when they double it after a year is up.  So 60 for 12 months, 120 for 1 month, then 60 for another 12 months.  Like clockwork.  He calls and asks for reduced rate and they give it to him after the one month of regular rate...it's a pain but saves money

What is this? I googled and it says you have to bundle internet, phone and cable.

Can you tell me more? That is cheap.

It's not Verizon FiOS, it is Frontier FiOS. The 30/30 speed is not advertised on their website either. I had to call and ask for other options. They said normally the rate would be $30/month, but they were running a promotion that brought it down to $25. Edited by chocolatechip