Menu

Prime Day Deals

Pippen

I know I'd love the food a sous vide makes, but it requires forethought. I am not good about that right now, hence the instant pot. I can procrastinate all day and then make food quickly. Versus the sous vide where you start many hours ahead of time. (right?)

• Like 1

Wait.  Do you have an Instant Pot?  You need one of those.  NEED!

My 10in1 IP does sous vide...

They've come out with two new versions, and one of them does have adjustable temperature, so even though it isn't labeled sous vide, in effect, it is! :w00t:  :drool5:

So, go do your research, and be ready in case they have a Prime deal on it.  (ETA:  It's the IP Ultra.  If you google IP Ultra reviews, someone has an explanation of all the features. And Sur Le Table has a page on it, too.)

One of their 8 qt IPs has my name on it, if they do a Prime Day deal that's good enough!

I don't have one, but I have ALL of the appliances it replaces except the yogurt maker. I make yogurt with a thermometer and a cooler and I'm not afraid of my old school pressure cooker.

Anova dropped their sous vide price to $99 at Thanksgiving, so there's always that if it doesn't make it on Prime day. It's normally $200, but I've seen it on Amazon for $150 a couple of times. The sous vide will blow the instant pot out of the water as far as end product (coming from someone who has both). I would get a real sous vide though with circulation and not just the IP version with the SV feature because you're more limited on size- you're contained to the size of the IP pot, whereas a true circulator you can clip on to a much larger container to cook more (or larger) things at once. Just my .02 from someone who used their sous vide 3-5 times a week. :) 

Another really nice sous vide circulator is the Joule by ChepSteps. That's the one I really wanted but it was out of stock at the time so I got the Anova instead. I've been happy with it though and definitely have gotten my money's worth. But the Joule is super cool and has a really nice App. Anova's app leaves much to be desired.

That was my fear, that it was some limited version that would just make me mad. Thanks for the recommendations. Stoopid Prime Day hype.

I just got a set of 48 Prismacolor pencils for $14.95, which I thought was an awesome deal -- I wondered if it was a run-up to Prime Day.

As for the Instant Pot, the only thing I currently do with it is make chicken stock ... and that is enough to make it worthwhile!  I make stock about every 2 weeks, and being able to set it for 3 hours and then wander off to live my life is soooo much better than having a stockpot on the back of the stove all day that I have to keep track of.

I make stock all the time. If I'm in a hurry I use my pressure cooker, otherwise I let it simmer in my crockpot overnight. My rice cooker is also a crockpot. Sometimes I get two pots going.

When I woke up this morning I did not have this obsession :-/

• Like 2

I make stock all the time. If I'm in a hurry I use my pressure cooker, otherwise I let it simmer in my crockpot overnight. My rice cooker is also a crockpot. Sometimes I get two pots going.

When I woke up this morning I did not have this obsession :-/

Well, there you go -- I didn't have a pressure cooker or rice cooker, and I have issues with doing it in my crockpot (for one thing, it's smaller).  So the Instant Pot gave me all that at once.

Plus it actually belongs to dd, who didn't want to leave it in her house on campus for the summer because she didn't want the students subletting messing with it, so bonus for having several months of try-before-you-buy  :laugh:

• Like 2

I just read this, and I thought I would post it here. It's a list of some of the upcoming Prime Day deals.

I didn't see anything I particularly wanted on that list, but hopefully I'll get at least a few good deals on other things once the sales start.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/shopping-all/all-the-amazon-prime-day-deals-announced-so-far-from-echo-to-lacroix-sparkling-water/ar-BBE8lj6

• Like 1

This reminded me of last prime day. My ds was working in an Amazon fulfillment center and he came home on prime day and said he didn't know what it was but shipped a bazillion "pot things". I only knew what they were from here. Those potheads got him a lot of overtime. He is working a different job this year. I had just said "aren't you going to miss working prime day?"

He shook his head no "those pots. So many of those pots."

Lol.

• Like 36

This reminded me of last prime day. My ds was working in an Amazon fulfillment center and he came home on prime day and said he didn't know what it was but shipped a bazillion "pot things". I only knew what they were from here. Those potheads got him a lot of overtime. He is working a different job this year. I had just said "aren't you going to miss working prime day?"

Lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol.

:lol:

I am concerned that the potheads will be on to something harder soon.....pots being a gateway and all.....

• Like 16

Lol.

A related PSA: Be careful how you word any searches for Instant Pot brownies on Google...you may end up with something else entirely. ;)

• Like 4

There's a coupon code for $5 off of $15 on books *sold* by amazon directly. (not a third party seller or fulfilled by amazon): PRIMEBOOKS17

It expires 11:59 PM (PST) on July 12, 2017 or while supplies last.

Thank you so much for this -- I will definitely use it! :hurray:

• Like 1

Now I've gotta see if they discount a Sous Vide.  Thanks a LOT, Hive.  Isn't it enough for you people that I have a Vitamix and a Speed Queen?  Now I need an Instapot and a Sous Vide too?  Maybe I'll procrastineer it long enough and the Instapot will have a Sous Vide setting?

If you'd procrastinated longer maybe the Speed Queen would have come out with a mega sous vide feature.

• Like 8

I just got a set of 48 Prismacolor pencils for $14.95, which I thought was an awesome deal -- I wondered if it was a run-up to Prime Day.

Thanks for this! My grandma has gotten into coloring and I have been thinking about getting her a nice set of colored pencils, she will now have these in a couple days.

I'm not sure there's going to be an Instant Pot deal this year. They might do a Lightning Deal, but they haven't had any IPs in the lists of upcoming deals I've seen so far. You might check other competitors like Kohl's, Target, etc. as some of them are having competing sales.

No instant pot yet.

Did see the ever popular Brother Serger. I have one so I don't need it. The deal I am most waiting for is EARLY in the morning. We will have to see if I succeed. 

I can't find the serger - did I miss it?

Never mind - I found it. It doesn't go up until tomorrow night. 

Or wait, what time zone are they operating this in?? 

Edited by TechWife

I missed an Instant Pot deal!! :crying:

On my facebook feed a site posted deals and one was for the Instant Pot 9-in-1. That wasn't even on my radar. I had been looking at the 7-in-1. Well, I noticed the post about a half hour or so after the deal was shared. The sale had expired and I asked what it had been. It had been $45. These deals are too fast!! I also followed a link to a $5 12pk of ultra fine sharpie pens but when you go to the cart it goes to full price. I refreshed that page a few times and got 3 different prices but the cart always had the high one.

Do you guys know that if you use PrimeNow, you can use 10PrimeNow as a promo code and get $10 off $20 and a code to use for $10 off $20 tomorrow too.

Go to Amazon, type "prime now" in the search bar and all the prime now stuff will show up.

They don't deliver everywhere and I had to use a friend's address in the city.  It auto adds $5 for tipping the driver, if you don't want that, you can change it.

• Like 3

I missed an Instant Pot deal!! :crying:

On my facebook feed a site posted deals and one was for the Instant Pot 9-in-1. That wasn't even on my radar. I had been looking at the 7-in-1. Well, I noticed the post about a half hour or so after the deal was shared. The sale had expired and I asked what it had been. It had been $45. These deals are too fast!! I also followed a link to a $5 12pk of ultra fine sharpie pens but when you go to the cart it goes to full price. I refreshed that page a few times and got 3 different prices but the cart always had the high one.

It was actually a short-lived glitch rather than a deal. ... Amazon was offering 20% off a bunch of stuff, but for whatever reason, their system was taking the discount off multiple times. Amazon caught on quickly, pulled entire inventories on certain products (including the whole of Toys and Games), then put products back online about an hour later with no active discount codes. :-( Now we wait to see whether they honor these unintended "deals" or cancel orders.

• Like 2

Maybe not be a "prime day" deal but I think these were more expensive last time I looked (earlier this week).

Calico critters Hopscotch bunny family

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011MTFUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the Calico Criters triple bunk beds for $8. Toysrus.com is having its own sale online only. They're offering 20% off. I saw the price was $7.99 at tru, so I just kept it in my amazon cart, thinking I was going to get 20% off by using our prime card to pay. So along with that I bought some blu ray boxed sets and a Yamaha keyboard that was already in my cart from two weeks ago (for my youngest to start piano lessons in the fall). When I went to check out, no 20% deduction was taken. Dh said to pay anyway, maybe it'll come off after or come in the form of rewards. Has anyone paid with their Amazon prime credit card?

• Like 1

I bought the Calico Criters triple bunk beds for $8. Toysrus.com is having its own sale online only. They're offering 20% off. I saw the price was $7.99 at tru, so I just kept it in my amazon cart, thinking I was going to get 20% off by using our prime card to pay. So along with that I bought some blu ray boxed sets and a Yamaha keyboard that was already in my cart from two weeks ago (for my youngest to start piano lessons in the fall). When I went to check out, no 20% deduction was taken. Dh said to pay anyway, maybe it'll come off after or come in the form of rewards. Has anyone paid with their Amazon prime credit card?

I thought items that said price reduction showed during checkout regardless of how you pay, but maybe I'm thinking of similar deals. Dh bought the fan I posted a few posts up and the 25% price reduction wasn't reflected til further into the purchasing process. I don't know if it happened as soon as it got in the cart or later.

I also noticed the TRU sale. I put a few items in my TRU cart and it automatically applied a 20% off deal. It brought the 3 bunk beds to $6.39, but I don't know if I'm going to buy them or not. We still need a house LOL. I am thinking of skipping the calico brand homes and getting this to assemble and paint myself:

https://www.amazon.com/Greenleaf-Corona-Dollhouse-Kit-Orchid/dp/B000X4MQ6O/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1499756373&sr=8-18&keywords=dollhouse

I've been eying the Calico cherry car that seats 5 (Target and TRU are similar in price after the TRU discount). The van is just so much money (7 seater). Ahh these items are so cute lol.

I hope you figure out the discount thing. I would hope they would discount you for using the card.

I thought items that said price reduction showed during checkout regardless of how you pay, but maybe I'm thinking of similar deals. Dh bought the fan I posted a few posts up and the 25% price reduction wasn't reflected til further into the purchasing process. I don't know if it happened as soon as it got in the cart or later.

I also noticed the TRU sale. I put a few items in my TRU cart and it automatically applied a 20% off deal. It brought the 3 bunk beds to $6.39, but I don't know if I'm going to buy them or not. We still need a house LOL. I am thinking of skipping the calico brand homes and getting this to assemble and paint myself:

https://www.amazon.com/Greenleaf-Corona-Dollhouse-Kit-Orchid/dp/B000X4MQ6O/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1499756373&sr=8-18&keywords=dollhouse

I've been eying the Calico cherry car that seats 5 (Target and TRU are similar in price after the TRU discount). The van is just so much money (7 seater). Ahh these items are so cute lol.

I hope you figure out the discount thing. I would hope they would discount you for using the card.

We need a house too. My older girls always wanted to buy Calico Critters, but we could never afford them. Instead we invested in loving family by fisher price. Now DD6 is interested in Calico Critters, and we can actually afford a set here and there, I'm excited to shop for her birthday. All she has is the tuxedo family and triplets. The townhouse may be the house we decide on. There was another at toysrus that she liked better, but I haven't seen it on Amazon. That fan looks like a good deal. (We buy lots of fans for our business.)

• Like 1

We need a house too. My older girls always wanted to buy Calico Critters, but we could never afford them. Instead we invested in loving family by fisher price. Now DD6 is interested in Calico Critters, and we can actually afford a set here and there, I'm excited to shop for her birthday. All she has is the tuxedo family and triplets. The townhouse may be the house we decide on. There was another at toysrus that she liked better, but I haven't seen it on Amazon. That fan looks like a good deal. (We buy lots of fans for our business.)

I noticed different prices on the townhouse. Well, Walmart had two side by side with one stating "with gift set" so it comes with extra stuff. What, I'm not sure.

Good to hear. I don't even need a fan to sleep like dh likes, but I'm sick of looking at the ugly broken one LOL. We're actually going to see if we can get credited for it or not (we rent).

Only the 8qt is on sale. Last year there was a 6qt for around $70? I've been tracking that one all week. I really don't want to spend $90 on any version of the IP even though this is normally over $100.

Yeah, I just checked my order history, and I paid $68.95 for the 6 qt last year

• Like 2