Menu

(sigh) What's for dinner at your house?

How old are your dc? If they are old enough, have them cook. Our dc have a few safe meals they can prepare and serve.

If that doesn't work, I have eggs as my stand-by meal. Healthy, versatile, and cheap. :lol:

BTW, we had our large meal at dinner today and will be having left-over grilled chicken for sup. :)

Salmon patties, which we usually make into sandwiches with leafy greens, tomatoes, and pickles.

herb roasted potatoes

a veggie of some kind

I'm feeling very uninspired myself.

ETA: I will skip the potatoes myself, and possibly the bun. Too many carbs for me, but my kids are bottomless pits. Gotta fill them up.

Edited by Annie Laurie

Stroganoff made with half ground beef 90/10 and half ground turkey breast with wonderful portabella mushrooms and frozen french green beans.

That won't be until 7:30 we just had melted Brie and dipped Tuscan bread and Ham and then dipped apple slices for lunch, Yummmm! Treated it like Fondue and my boys fell in love with it.....

How old are your dc? If they are old enough, have them cook. Our dc have a few safe meals they can prepare and serve.

That's a great idea, except my poor older darlings are helping me out with our current baby who is getting over a cold and hasn't slept well for the past 24 hours. I begged them for an hour so I can prepare dinner. I think I have the better end of the deal--as do they because baby is so happy to be hanging out with the big sisters. :)

I think I found a solution....LASAGNA! Good old fashioned comfort food. I found it sitting in my freezer so I just have to heat it. Then I can concentrate on my real craving for the day--a great big yummy salad! Maybe it will give me the energy I need to make the chicken salad for tomorrow night because I know tomorrow is going to be a very busy day.

Stroganoff made with half ground beef 90/10 and half ground turkey breast with wonderful portabella mushrooms and frozen french green beans.

That won't be until 7:30 we just had melted Brie and dipped Tuscan bread and Ham and then dipped apple slices for lunch, Yummmm! Treated it like Fondue and my boys fell in love with it.....

YUM!!! Can you share your recipe, Rebecca? I love stroganoff!

And I'm trying REALLY hard not to think about that tuscan bread w/ham, apples, and brie. :drool5: If I lived near you, you would have company...

YUM!!! Can you share your recipe, Rebecca? I love stroganoff!

And I'm trying REALLY hard not to think about that tuscan bread w/ham, apples, and brie. :drool5: If I lived near you, you would have company...

Well, it is my oldest sons recipe from BSA camp and best part is he cooks it! He is being kind enough to dictate as I type....

Slice and brown one pound of mushrooms, we had baby and large portabella mushrooms, in small amount of olive oil and even smaller amount of butter, remove from pan and set aside.

Brown up one pond of ground beef and ground turkey with finely chopped garlic, onion,

and season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste,

add back in the mushrooms stir well,

add sour cream about a cup and eyeball the half and half careful with these cause you don't want soup,

then add in the green beans 16 oz bag cook over slow heat till hot and if you want add a cooked bag of egg noodles and stir in gently.

Gotta love it when they are old enough to do the cooking.................. :D

I think the chicken salad in croissants sounds better. :)

:lol: I agree which is why I want to prepare it for tomorrow. I guess I needed either something "slap in the oven simple" or something so new and refreshing that it would light a bright flame of desire and inspiration in me to get up and prepare it. Also, I have a tremendous craving for veggies tonight so hopefully my salad will fulfill that need.

Tacos are a favorite here too, with chicken or beef or beans or potatoes. We're not choosy. We eat them all. Enjoy your meal! :)

Well, it is my oldest sons recipe from BSA camp and best part is he cooks it! He is being kind enough to dictate as I type....

Slice and brown one pound of mushrooms, we had baby and large portabella mushrooms, in small amount of olive oil and even smaller amount of butter, remove from pan and set aside.

Brown up one pond of ground beef and ground turkey with finely chopped garlic, onion,

and season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste,

add back in the mushrooms stir well,

add sour cream about a cup and eyeball the half and half careful with these cause you don't want soup,

then add in the green beans 16 oz bag cook over slow heat till hot and if you want add a cooked bag of egg noodles and stir in gently.

Gotta love it when they are old enough to do the cooking.................. :D

I love it! All the better that it's your son's recipe. A big THANK YOU to you (for typing) and your son for sharing the recipe! It looks delicious! :)

The boys asked for cereal for supper. But for lunch they had turkey burgers (w/ hidden mushroom) with turkey bacon, veggie alphabet fries (Ian's brand), and a broccoli/carrot combo. ds1 had bread and cheese with his burger, ds2 had his plain and cut up.

Some really good things to keep on had are the Birdseye frozen rice and veggie mixes. They are healthy, fresh, and quick, go vegetarian for the night or add your fav meat.

Michelle

Ok, so I have pork chops out. It was what we had in the freezer. Any suggestions. I normally dip them in milk, flour and then a homemade honey mustard, but it is 4:30 and I ahve to make a lap book(human body) and learn how to teach tin whistle for tomorrow so anyone have anything easier to do with them?

Ok, so I have pork chops out. It was what we had in the freezer. Any suggestions. I normally dip them in milk, flour and then a homemade honey mustard, but it is 4:30 and I ahve to make a lap book(human body) and learn how to teach tin whistle for tomorrow so anyone have anything easier to do with them?

My mom browned chops in a pan with a can of cream of mushroom and served with rice. Very easy and tasty, too! :)