Menu

Under what circumstances would you eat Oreo cookies? Poll

Ginevra

Why would you eat Oreo cookies  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Under what circumstances will you eat the Black Tooth Confection?

• I will eat them every day, I will eat them every way!
    • I will eat them if you offer, Ellie taught me manners proper.
    • I will eat them once a year, I will have them with a beer.
    • I could not, would not, if there's ice cream.
    • I could not, would not, in my wildest dream!
    • This is not something I will eat, I cannot munch the Black Tooth Treat!

I would not eat them if in jail.

I would barf them in the pail.

I would not eat them on a dare.

I would not eat them anywhere!

I would throw them in the trash.

The box, then, I would burn or bash.

You win!!! I am ROFL!!!

• Like 6

Sigh.  I voted could not, would not.  I love them.  They are, however, gluten filled, which does not love me.  

As an aside, my dh had a colon rupture several years ago.  The day before he had gorged himself on Oreos.  The two were unrelated, but he can not bring himself to go near an Oreo now.  

• Like 5

Do we get milk? And are they double-stuffed?

I saw some "ultra thin" ones the other day with little to no creme. It made me want to cry.

I did see those advertised on TV yesterday. I really don't know what the point would be. Wasn't that why they first expanded them with double stuff? It's probably yet another marketing gig to make you pay more for less.

About 1-2x a year I suddenly crave the white Oreos like crazy and will buy a package and eat the entire thing within 12 hours typically. And then I can't stand the sight or thought of them for weeks.

Chocolate ones I would only eat if someone offered them and would never seek them out or select them if just simply available.

• Like 1

Do we get milk? And are they double-stuffed? 

I saw some "ultra thin" ones the other day with little to no creme. It made me want to cry. 

In the past week, two different moms have told me they love the new ultra thin oreos - more than regular or even double stuff.  They say there is more creme than you would think but the cookie part isn't there to slow you down....

• Like 2

Uh, it's 10pm and the only reason I'm still awake is due to my friend, caffeine, but you want me to be creative???

That's so not happening.  Sorry!

Oreos?  If they are offered and I can politely refuse I will.  If not, I'll eat them.

Put just me in a house with Oreos and they'll go stale.  Eventually I'll remember to give them to the chickens.

Put my hubby in there too and some will get eaten - the others will go stale.

Put one of my kids in there and we'll send them with him to youth group and they'll be consumed.   :coolgleamA:   Two of my three like them, but the other does not.

• Like 1

In the past week, two different moms have told me they love the new ultra thin oreos - more than regular or even double stuff.  They say there is more creme than you would think but the cookie part isn't there to slow you down....

Hmmm, I might be persuaded then. I'm not a big crunchy cookie person, thus my need for milk. So, that actually is starting to tempt me. 

• Like 1

I would eat them in a boat, and I would eat them with a goat.

I would also eat them with my ice cream.

But I don't like beer. Can I give the beer away and just eat the Oreos?

I don't like beer either. But if one is looking for an adult beverage to serve with Oreos, one should choose Pleasant Valley's Chocolate Lab. (A sweet red wine, for those of you who are wondering.)
  • Like 1

I would not buy them for myself. 

I pass them by on the store shelf.

But when I buy them for a youth,

I give in to my sweet tooth.

True story, truly and sadly

We try to resist, but give in badly.

Those children, hyper things, burn the sugar right quick

Alas, to their mother the calories stick.

• Like 7

I'm gluten free, too; so, no Oreos for me.

There are some gluten free knock-offs, but it's been so long since I've had a real Oreo that I can't tell you if they taste similar or not.

The gluten free ones are too sweet, imo.  And I can't believe I just said that!

I'm afraid Oreo's may be our nemesis... DS8 is GFCF and has severe anxiety issues when he deviates from that diet... The friendly afternoon cookies and milk at mathcamp or CTY are a gauntlet still to be faced. He is getting better at self regulating his diet but Oreo's might be a bridge to far... In a couple years it should be fine...

I will eat them any way I can get them. If I had to pick my junk food downfall, it'd be Oreos..hands down! I could easily polish off a sleeve or two in one sitting. I like to pretend it's a nostalgia thing from my childhood of grandparents foisting them on me whenever I was hungry. My waistline is very lucky that they aren't stocked at the closer-to-me commissary. I'm too lazy to drive to the other one so they are very rarely in the house nowadays. 

I would eat them dipped in milk

I would eat them dressed in silk

I would eat them all for lunch

Once they're open I will munch

I would twist and lick and suck

I would eat them by the truck

But 'cos of nut contamination

I daren't, or risk asphyxiation

Last time, tempted, that I tried

My epi pen was quickly plied

Alas, my lesson now is learnt

Oreos must all be burnt.