Capris or cropped pants  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What would you call these pants?

2. 2. Cute or frumpy?

• Cute, I'd totally wear those.
    • Ok, but not for me.
    • Ugh, no.
    • Obligatory other

You may want to add a picture or a link so we can see what you're talking about ;)

No, I will formulate an opinion with no evidence whatsoever!

i'm leaning to saying they're crops. And would be ok in a different color on a tallish, slender woman. 

Also, shoes & hair make the outfit & will push you into fashion or frump.

• Like 11

No, I will formulate an opinion with no evidence whatsoever!

i'm leaning to saying they're crops. And would be ok in a different color on a tallish, slender woman. 

Also, shoes & hair make the outfit & will push you into fashion or frump.

Wow, I totally disagree with you, and take offence at what you are saying. 

I say they are capris and look totally fine in that color! Actually, they might look better on a shorter woman. sheesh ;)

• Like 6

Wow, I totally disagree with you, and take offence at what you are saying. 

I say they are capris and look totally fine in that color! Actually, they might look better on a shorter woman. sheesh ;)

:boxing_smiley:

you are SO wrong. I will be back with 30 pinterest links to prove it.

• Like 3

Just as an aside: I have NO ability to post a picture here. Zero. I have tried. Dd helped me. It kept saying the file was too big, though we resized it accordingly.

• Like 1

I'm so unfashion-conscious that I'll admit that I thought capris and cropped pants were the same thing.   

Me too, until the recent thread. I'm still not entirely clear on the difference. What I've got so far is that cropped pants are a little longer and generally more tapered than capris. 

So these are straight leg capris. Or possibly short cropped pants.  :huh:

• Like 3

Capris.

Cropped pants go to the top of your short socks, if you wore them with short socks, which of course you wouldn't. I only mention the socks so you can picture where they fall.

Right. That's where I see the fashion people draw the line. Cropped are short ankle length (above the shoe). Capris are above ankle length (calf to below knee), what were formerly called "pedal pushers".

Me too, until the recent thread. I'm still not entirely clear on the difference. What I've got so far is that cropped pants are a little longer and generally more tapered than capris. 

So these are straight leg capris. Or possibly short cropped pants.  :huh:

I'm a short person so everything is long on me. I had some lovely black yoga pants that were just a tiny bit short for me. Like less than two inches. And someone pointed out that they were capri length yoga pants. Not on me they weren't.  I thought they were petites and that I finally didn't need petite sizes anymore. 

Evidently when every other woman was in line to get educated on fashion, I was off in a field picking flowers.  Story of my life...I missed the make-up seminar also. 

• Like 3

I also agree they are capris because they are higher up on the leg. I think they look okay, but I don't wear capris.

FWIW, I took a look at some of the high school students today and saw several sporting what I'd call cropped pants. They were tight and came up to above the ankle. Some had on flats and some had on cute sneakers, like Keds.

• Like 1

I know almost nothing about fashion, but I think of cropped pants as being like my boys' jeans when I realize they've gotten too short.  In other words, high waters.  I've never understood the appeal of them for that reason.

Capris are like slightly longer than normal Bermuda shorts.

But I'm super short and so I'm not supposed to be wearing either of them. ;)  So what do I know?

I can't vote; they are neither. They are pedal pushers. Cropped pants are really long; they hit just above the ankle. Capris hit at bottom calf. Pedal pushers are below the knee, above mid-calf. See the image here, it has lines to show where each one hits.

FTR, I think pedal pushers only look good on women with a slender calf. They look just fine on you and you should definitely wear them. Me...I would look awful in them. I need clothing to hit at or above the knee or below the calf.

• Like 1

I can't vote; they are neither. They are pedal pushers. Cropped pants are really long; they hit just above the ankle. Capris hit at bottom calf. Pedal pushers are below the knee, above mid-calf. See the image here, it has lines to show where each one hits.

FTR, I think pedal pushers only look good on women with a slender calf. They look just fine on you and you should definitely wear them. Me...I would look awful in them. I need clothing to hit at or above the knee or below the calf.

:iagree:

& I'm not just saying that. I can finally see a photo :laugh:

• Like 1

I love that article. specially the chart.

Before reading this thread, I'd think the difference between cropped pants and capris were how fitted they were. I though capris were more cigarette-leg than cropped pants, and the length would be a personal preference of what was the most flattering.

Those are cute pants! I'd wear them. I might roll them up a little, or let them down just a bit, only because clothes than end at the widest point of your body just emphasize the wideness.