Menu

What are your favorite comfort shoes?

TwoEdgedSword

Count me as part of the ugly shoe club .lol  I'm on my feet most of the day at work, in a casual clothing setting, and it's turning my shoes to trash.  I rotate Naot, Dansko, and a couple pair of Keens.  My Dansko are starting to look like hell, and those shoes are workhorses. Timely thread. I need to get another pair.

• Like 2

I *heart* my turquoise Montrail sneakers. They go with everything I own.

I also love my red mary janes by El Natura Lista. I wear those when I know I'll be on my feet all day. Super supportive.

Andi just picked up a pair of Onitsuka Tiger sneakers on super clearance at REI and I've barely taken them off.

Nothing like a great pair of cute, comfy shoes! :)

• Like 2

For comfy shoes I usually pick my running shoes, Brooks Adrenaline but when I'm dressing a bit nicer and I'll be walking or standing a lot I wear my Danskos. I do have a cute pair of Born ballet style flats that get lots of wear in warmer weather they just aren't great for walking a lot. Born tends to be my goto brand for comfort and style. By style I mean something I feel cute wearing that also allows me to push swings and chase kids at the park. I'm not going to win any fashion awards.

• Like 2

I just went to Zappos and looked up all these brands. I could not find a single pair I want. I need new shoes. I was thinking about purple Dansko, but no purple. The Keens all looked awful. I have a cute floral pair I love, but I guess that Keen style has been discontinued. :(  The Merrell all looked like some kind of version of army boots. :( The Naturlista were sort of cute with the swirl, but so heavy/thick looking.

ETA: Well, that's a negative Nelly post right there. lol Sorry. I just polished my Dansko and they look much better. Clunky as always, but nicer. OK. That's all for today. 

• Like 2

I hate having cold feet. I've spent the last two winters wearing mostly my Joan of the Artic boots by Sorel. I'm barefoot in the house. I wear Inov8 x-tracker with ice spikes for winter trail running. Otherwise, I wear some canvas Rocket Dogs with the bottom mostly worn through or my cushy Brooks for treadmill running.

What is comfortable basically depends on temperature and activity.

• Like 2

For comfy shoes I usually pick my running shoes, Brooks Adrenaline but when I'm dressing a bit nicer and I'll be walking or standing a lot I wear my Danskos. I do have a cute pair of Born ballet style flats that get lots of wear in warmer weather they just aren't great for walking a lot. Born tends to be my goto brand for comfort and style. By style I mean something I feel cute wearing that also allows me to push swings and chase kids at the park. I'm not going to win any fashion awards.

Thanks for the reminder. The Born Bennet style has me tempted.

Yea the bank breaking thing is a whole 'nuther story! I think I would prefer to spend the money on good shoes where the quality is more discernible to me over spendy clothes.

Plus cute shoes elevate any outfit. Jeans and a t shirt can become instantly hip with the right shoes. :)

• Like 4

Alegria gets my first vote.  Great comfort and support and the insole can be replaced.

Dansko is good too, but I prefer the Mary Jane style...it is not as clunky/thick as the slides

Merrell gets third spot.  Some styles are perfect, some I can't wear as well.  The jungle moc is good for winter.

Now....for summer:

Chaco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

number 2 would be Merrell

number 3 would be Keen

Merrell and Keen switch places depending upon what I'm doing. 

• Like 1

I wear Danskos when I'm trying to look a little more put together. (I know you fashionistas are laughing right now.) :) Around the house (all year round) and all through the summer I wear leather Merrell flip flops that have good arch support. I prefer my flip flops to anything else. And, as I said in the other thread, I wear running shoes for running walking, and hiking.

• Like 1

I just went to Zappos and looked up all these brands. I could not find a single pair I want. I need new shoes. I was thinking about purple Dansko, but no purple. The Keens all looked awful. I have a cute floral pair I love, but I guess that Keen style has been discontinued. :(  The Merrell all looked like some kind of version of army boots. :( The Naturlista were sort of cute with the swirl, but so heavy/thick looking.

ETA: Well, that's a negative Nelly post right there. lol Sorry. I just polished my Dansko and they look much better. Clunky as always, but nicer. OK. That's all for today. 

I have a horrible time picking out shoes.  I currently have one pair of shoes and one pair of boots.  My shoes are falling apart, but I can't seem to find another pair I like.

I hate the boots, but they are kinda necessary so I had to force myself to just freaking buy something.

• Like 1

Keen shoes in the winter, keen sandals in the summer. I am boring but comfortable. I have only one of each and they are the shoes almost 100% of the time. I do wear tennis shoes to the gym and slippers around the house, and (fake) crocs to garden but that's all I wear.

• Like 1

Birkenstocks and Allegria. I have a knee injury so it's tennis shoes or these. 

I love my Birkenstock sandals. They're not pretty but they help with both my back problems and my recurring plantar faciitis. I even wear them around the house because the tile we have throughout most of the house is terrible for my back.

• Like 1

My Ugg slippers!  I have two pairs (one for even days and one for odd days), and I'm almost always wearing them when I'm at home.

Regards,

Kareni

I talked my DH into getting himself a pair of these, and he adores them.  He even wears them to drive long distances.  Ever since I met him he has been using Birkenstocks for slippers, but now he has real slippers and cozy warm feet!

• Like 2

I tend toward PF.

My most comfortable brands are Sofft and Born for pumps, and fit flops for sandals, and Salomon trail runners for sneakers, and Columbia for snow boots.  When my PF really flares up I like to wear a pair of Dansko sandals that have rock-hard arch support, or my Orthoheel sandals.  I can wear socks with either one.  When I don't have PF but am worrying about bunions, I like Eccos and Aerosoles.

• Like 1

For summer/warm weather, I love my Teva sandals. I walked all over Jerusalem in them for 3 months, and then did 5 more months of casual wear and daily (3 hours) dog walking in the same pair. Still going strong, still supportive, still great! I can't wait to wear them this spring.

• Like 1