Menu

that's it!!! burn down the house

Mandylubug

I think I must be poisonous to them. Both that I have found have been obviously crushed or smothered by me. I came home from shopping, grabbed my yoga pants out of the floor and put them on. So now I assume it was crawling around on my person until I laid down? Our bed isn't touching walls. No hanging bed skirts or touching curtains.....I'm freaking out. I'm washing my sheets again even though I didn't see anything. Ughhhhhh

:ohmy: Weren't you thinking about moving recently???? NOW IS THE TIME! :willy_nilly:

Totally.

And now I know why I keep getting you and Mandylubug confused. It's the cupcakes!!

I've read about several geniuses who burnt down their houses. Proceed with caution!

Don't be like this guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/04/squirrel-cooking-couple-apartment-fire_n_5091801.html

Wait, this one has pictures!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216321/Man-burns-apartment-building-trying-singe-fur-dead-squirrel-propane-blow-torch.html

I think I must be poisonous to them. Both that I have found have been obviously crushed or smothered by me. I came home from shopping, grabbed my yoga pants out of the floor and put them on. So now I assume it was crawling around on my person until I laid down? Our bed isn't touching walls. No hanging bed skirts or touching curtains.....I'm freaking out. I'm washing my sheets again even though I didn't see anything. Ughhhhhh

They must be attracted by your yoga pants!

We used to get them when I lived in Jacksonville, FL.   Our pest control guy used to treat for them, but told me they tend to be solitary.  He said that they liked water….one time I found one in the sink….and one near the water cooler.  He also said that they liked to live in the mulch outside and suggested we not have it so close to the house or switch to rocks over pine needles or cedar chips. 

Totally used to them here in San Antonio.

They typically don't crawl up into your bed. Usually they fall down from a ceiling register, lighting fixture, etc. Is your bed positioned underneath something on your ceiling? If so, move your bed.

Okay, this is a more horrifying thought to me. 

They could be sitting there in a ceiling register just waiting for the right moment to pounce as you walk by...  :scared:

I think I'm in the "burn it down and move away" camp.

Just found the second baby scorpion in my bed sheets! That means there must be others....ahhhhhh

A guy sort of local burned down his house trying to get rid of a spider with a homemade blow torch (WD 40 and a lighter).

See?  This is why I keep telling DH I need a REAL blow torch.  And a rocket launcher.

I am so oppressed.

Update! We found another baby scorpion near where my yogas had been on the floor in our bathroom. Also, a very miniture centipede or milipede?! The only thing I can figure is it is DHs fault. Last week he decided to be a sweetie and scrub the baseboards in our bathroom with bleach because they were looking neglected and I hate doing it. I am assuming he cleaned off our pest control as well. We have had issues in this room with pests and was told in the past it was because of the plumbing and outside water tap is tied in with our bathroom pipes that they are finding a tiny path inside...so we will be treating for bugs in there and outside again.

When our house was built our builder caulked around the baseboards... I thought he was crazy-- until I realized how that helped keep those EVIL scorpions out of the house.

We also spread DE in the walls before they put the wall board up.

We have a good service that comes monthly-- worth every penny (and what they use is not toxic to people or animals-- just the creepy crawly guys!).

I'll have to look into it and see if cat safe. I'm game.

Get food grade.  However, I must say, your cat is failing in his job miserably.  I have 3 cats and usually see about 10 scorpions over the summer. My cats think they are the *best* toys EVER and I allow them to continue to do so as long as they kill the things and don't let them go. 

Other than that, are you living in new construction?  Scorpions tend to be worse in new construction.

Stefanie

While we are on the subject

http://jezebel.com/lady-finds-eggs-of-worlds-most-poisonous-spider-in-groc-1632660799

I wonder if she was wearing yoga pants

Two years ago, we moved into a newly built rental home. Disturbed turf and new mulch equals spiders. DH was super resistant to pest control because kids. One night I stepped out of bed, felt a curious sensation under my foot, and turned on the light to see a hoard of baby spiders scurrying away from a semi-squished adult spider.

The pest control man was nice enough to come out the very next day.

Two years ago, we moved into a newly built rental home. Disturbed turf and new mulch equals spiders. DH was super resistant to pest control because kids. One night I stepped out of bed, felt a curious sensation under my foot, and turned on the light to see a hoard of baby spiders scurrying away from a semi-squished adult spider.

The pest control man was nice enough to come out the very next day.

:ohmy:   :scared:  :svengo:

That's it.  No more creepy-crawly threads for me.  I'm going to have nightmares for WEEKS.