Menu

If you're not doing the Superbowl. what are you doing tonight?

PrincessMommy

We had planned to go to a friends house, but that was canceled due to a death in the family. Hubby is going to watch it with 2 friends and is taking our youngest. I was not all that interested in it anyway, just going for the interesting conversations (and commercials). I'm toying with going to the movies, but may just stay in and do some weaving.

So what are other non-superbowl people doing tonight?

DH and the boys will watch the game, but they always want to stay home since in our experience Super Bowl parties aren't particularly conducive to actually being able to watch the game.  I guess I'll do what I normally do -- surf the 'net and then off to bed to read for awhile.  The one change in our routine is that we typically go out to eat on Sunday nights, but DH said he'd go get some subs or something else to bring home so he won't miss any of the game.

Yep, we're an exciting bunch. ;)

I've never seen a Super Bowl game and don't plan to start now.  Hubby and I will be watching Brain Games on Nat Geo.

Incidentally, the news/sports makes it seem like "everyone watches it," but statistically it's only around 50%.  That leaves roughly half of us not watching the game. ;)

I have used it as an excuse for making some fun snacks. However, we' won't watch it. We never do. Usually we do not follow football, however our exception this year was the Rose Bowl since the Spartans made it. I have expended my ability to root for a sports team for quite a time to come! LOL We'll be watching a good movie together and playing Equate and Scrabble. A friend of our eldest boys' is coming over and wants to play Equate with me. Hee, hee, hee...I smell fresh meat!!!! :D

The dc & I are going out to dinner w/ my parents. (Not watching the Superbowl.)

Probably will do some cleaning up around home, getting ready for the week, and poking around online. In past years, I've found that the movies are an excellent place to go during the Superbowl (though I'm not doing that this year).

My son started chemo on Christmas Eve and will be going in to start round 2 early this week. So tonight the Super Bowl may or may not be watched, but we'll be at home, together.

Sending your son and the rest of your family best wishes, Pippen.

Completely indifferent to football here.  My dear husband, who is also indifferent, is recovering from a nasty head cold.  It would not surprise me if he watches a bit of the game for two reasons:  commercials and so he will know what the heck people at work are talking about tomorrow.

Dd14 has FLL practice tonight---only one kids wanted to switch the usual time to see more of the game! The kids are intense with less than two weeks until the regional competition.

I will exercise and then read, dh will probably continue watching Mad Men on Netflix, and dd18 will obsess more about her winter session calculus class (she has like a 98 in the class :rolleyes:)

My son started chemo on Christmas Eve and will be going in to start round 2 early this week. So tonight the Super Bowl may or may not be watched, but we'll be at home, together.

So sorry. Hoping for great success in his treatment.

Btw, didn't mean to like your post. Fat fingers on a tablet are to blame.

We had planned to go to a friends house, but that was canceled due to a death in the family. Hubby is going to watch it with 2 friends and is taking our youngest. I was not all that interested in it anyway, just going for the interesting conversations (and commercials). I'm toying with going to the movies, but may just stay in and do some weaving.

So what are other non-superbowl people doing tonight?

AMDG

We were going to host a small party but I had to cancel for illness.  

; *(

My kiddo is making me a pallet on the couch and we're going to have a Charlie Chan mini marathon.  We plan to watch on the laptop with headphones while Dad watches the game on TV.  The idea is to watch CC and pause to watch commercials with Dad.

For food . . . my sweet kiddo is making applesauce and I'll make johnnycakes . . . which is always our Sunday evening meal.  always. Even when we had a different menu planned for Superbowl, that was definitely included, too.  We're not making the rest, though.

We have transferred out food plans to Friday evening dinner and movie . . . if the wretched contagion doesn't continue on through the family.

It isn't even necessary to watch for the commercials anymore (which a lot of people used to say was their reason for watching). You can see many online before the game, and all of them after the game. 

Ds is staying at his cousin's house and will be back tomorrow. I don't know if she and her husband are watching, but if they do, ds will probably get on her computer and go online. Dh and I will probably watch Sherlock episode 2. We'll wait to watch the final episode until ds is back and we can watch it together.

Well, looks like a movie it out.  The only one I was interested in doesn't play until 9:30.   Dh left with son about 5 mins ago and our high schooler went to a youth group event with a friend.

Yeah, I don't get all the hoopla with the commercials anymore.  I've been seeing links to "previews" of the commercials for several days.  Bizarre, IMHO. 

I love being home alone, so I'm in my element. 

I've never seen the Superbowl. I only know it is happening today because of the mentions in my twitterfeed. Usually we are oblivious.

Today DH and the boys played a rousing game of D&D and I went grocery shopping. They watched the last Matt Smith Doctor Who and now we are winding down for the night. DH and I will fold some laundry after they are in bed.

So, a typical Sunday night for us

My 11 and 18 yr old are at a superbowl party for their youth group, so its just me and ds 22.  He is playing some video game, and I am doing some digital scrapping.  Such rebels. :) 

I've only watched the superbowl in the past under duress. I despise sports of all kinds and we're a one TV household so I'm incredibly thankful dh took his football watching self over to a friend's house. The rest of us did what we normally do all the other days of the week. The kids played instead of picking up the playroom. I made dinner, we did dishes, we'll do our read aloud, and the kids will go to bed. Then I'll probably watch something on PBS or sew. Haven't decided just yet. :0)