Menu

Poll time! How many years have you been hsing?

How many year have you been hsing?  

1. 1. How many year have you been hsing?

• 0-1
    • 10 or more (please post how many)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our 8th year. We intend to continue through high school. We are currently experimenting with unschooling for the rest of this year so will see how that goes.

I know the WTM and unschooling do not go hand in hand, but I love the WTM boards and am here for my support.

Thanks!

Deece

Oh rats! I just realized that I miscounted. This is our 9th year of hs'ing. I couldn't change my vote in the poll, but it should be 9 years not 8. Silly me :)

Well, I said six, but now that I think about it more like 7 or 8 since my very soon to be 11yo started insisting on reading and math lessons as a toddler. We will definitely go through highschool. Ds10 is already doing highschool work now for most subjects. When we run out of high school work we plan on studying subjects for CLEP exams so he can get in as much college credit as possible before he is old enough to for us to be comfortable letting him move away to school (no universities within driving distance). Ds6 is a little easier to teach so far (in other words, he is willing to go at a pace I can keep up with :) .

12 years of homeschooling here!! I started when my oldest dd was of preschool age.

I discovered TWTM in 1999, so quite a few years ago!!

Things have changed a bit since then ... my oldest is a student at the local community college, so she's only hs'ing part-time, and my youngest is in Kindergarten at the local public school (she has autism and they have a wonderful special education program there!)

So it's mostly just the two boys..but transitions are good! :)