Menu

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

awisha.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop tempting me to stop lessons and watch this movie instead. Fingers in ears.....must do writing, must do writing.

with your fingers in your ears, you must say "lalalalala" in order to block out the sound.  we know you really want to hear . . . . . .

My husband (an ordained minister) performed my cousin & his wife's wedding.

They had him open the ceremony with the wedding scene:

"Mawwage... is what bwings us together today.  Mawwage, that bwessed awwangement..."

LOL.  I think only half the audience "got it."  The other half shifted uncomfortably, wondering if DH had a speech impediment. :D :D

"Mawwage... is what bwings us together today.  Mawwage, that bwessed awwangement..."

LOL.  I think only half the audience "got it."  The other half shifted uncomfortably, wondering if DH had a speech impediment. :D :D

Dh's nephew is a notary and performed his sister's wedding (nephew's sister, as in dh's niece, not dh's sister). He was specifically warned by his sister and her intended NOT to say Mawwage.  He said it was very hard to obey that warning. :D

I watched The Princess Bride for the first time tonight.

I watched it for the first time in the 90's because my friend used to keep quoting from the movie. And for a few weeks after watching this movie, the " ... Prepare to die" quote in the subject of your post kept going around in my mind like an earworm. I have since watched it thrice. I own the DVD too!

My dad randomly breaks out in Inigo's speech.  For no reason.   :lol:

My mother begged the video store to sell her one of their copies for me.  They did, and I still have it all these years later.   :)  I have that VHS, and two DVDs (one from when it first came out on DVD, and the 20th anniversary DVD).

..We went to the Fox Theater (think big, old, traditional, grand Phantom of the Opera-type place) and saw it on a big screen.  It was amazingly fun to see it that way with an entire theater full of people laughing and cheering at the same parts.  ...

My dd and I saw it last year on a big outdoor screen.  I agree with you - what fun to see it with hundreds of other people!  You made me smile to remember it. :)

But no one has mentioned our favorite quote yet: "I am not left-handed either!"

[fencing]

Inigo Montoya: You are wonderful.

Man in Black: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.

Inigo Montoya: I admit it, you are better than I am.

Man in Black: Then why are you smiling?

Inigo Montoya: Because I know something you don't know.

Man in Black: And what is that?

Inigo Montoya: I... am not left-handed.

[Moves his sword to his right hand and gains an advantage]

Man in Black: You are amazing.

Inigo Montoya: I ought to be, after 20 years.

Man in Black: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.

Inigo Montoya: Tell me.

Man in Black: I'm not left-handed either.

[Moves his sword to his right hand and regains his advantage]

Mr. Ellie used to be the sound guy at a church we attended long ago. TPB was immensely popular; I think it had only been out a few years at that time. Our children's pastor had the never-mess-with-a-Sicilian monologue play when she booted up her computer. :-) So when she got married, Mr. Ellie got permission from the pastor to play the mawwiage clip at that point in the rehearsal. The rehearsal almost didn't get back on track, lol.

Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I’m swamped!

Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything!

I think we need to spearhead a movement to turn TPB into an audience participation performance phenomenon a la Rocky Horror. Can you just picture it?! Everyone can dress up in period clothing and bring fake eels and throw them at the stage, and there will be fake sword fights amongst audience members. How has this not happened yet?

LOL!

I love that one of the mods prefaced this with "Inconceiveable." 

I found a brand new copy of the 25 anniversary edition of the book at a garage sale this weekend in perfect condition. My husband has never read it; I wonder what he'll think.  I saw the movie first, and it may be one of the few movies I like more than the book. :)