Menu

Big explosions at finish of Boston marathon...

Stacia

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sil is there running--I called my mom, to ask her to call my brother, as we are estranged and I don't have her number. Pls pray she's ok.

ETA--Just heard from my mom--my sil is fine. Her marathon time was 4 hours. It seems about 9 minutes later were the explosions.

I am praying. I broke down when I saw this on the news. My sons and brother are big marathon runners but none are there today. We have many friends who are runners and several are there. My heart breaks hearing about the deaths and the number of amputees.

Want to say I based my "9 minute" comment on the clock in one of the films running on NBC, which showed the explosion and runners. (I hate to be inaccurate on these things--I really have no idea what time the darn thing even started).

Now they are saying 2 dead at least 23 injured. And Boston PD is saying there was a third suspicious "package" blown up by the BPD on purpose.

OMG. This is so awful.

latest reports I"ve read are 12 dead. 60 injured. 2 bombs exploded, including one in the fairmont hotel. starbucks is about at the finish line and has alot of damage from a pic I saw. 2 more bombs have been found that didn't explode. (hopefully, they can get something worthwhile off of them to find these vermin.)

Is this a legit source though? I'm following the Boston PD on Twitter and they've only confirmed 2 dead.

No, it's not. Right now they don't even know what kind of explosives were used or where they were placed (they think trash cans). They certainly don't have any suspects.

Supposedly the PD has swatted down the Saudi national story.

There's a strong possibility it is domestic due to the date and historical significance.

That's what I fear, too. That it's a domestic terrorist who wants to make a point about gun control, so they set up these explosions right across from where the victim's families were seated :/