Menu

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times (update)

Joanne

Challenging stuff:

Budget

My adjunct job got my pay wrong, and it hasn't been fixed

I'm not getting child support

A contract complaint was filed on our biggest contract (not for quality of care, but an administrative detail that was not my fault, but comes under my supervision)

My Aunt died this morning

There have been bounced paychecks at my (main) job!

A client died recently

Good stuff:

This is the longest my husband has been in 2 years without going to the hospital.

We have decided to try to work it out (including using counseling lol)

The "interim" on my job title has been dropped, I am now simply the Program Coordinator.

My kids are all doing well, grade wise

I've been going to an AA meeting regularly (something I haven't done in years)

Challenging stuff:

Budget

My adjunct job got my pay wrong, and it hasn't been fixed

I'm not getting child support

A contract complaint was filed on our biggest contract (not for quality of care, but an administrative detail that was not my fault, but comes under my supervision)

My Aunt died this morning

There have been bounced paychecks at my (main) job!

A client died recently

Good stuff:

This is the longest my husband has been in 2 years without going to the hospital.

The "interim" on my job title has been dropped, I am now simply the Program Coordinator.

My kids are all doing well, grade wise

I've been going to an AA meeting regularly (something I haven't done in years)

Well, congratulations on the news for your husband, and kids and your job! That's great news. I pray things get better for you on the rest.

Glad to hear you're going to give it a go, and that your husband is doing better. Life can be so rough. It's good to try and concentrate on the positives! I'm very sorry about the challenges though.

Always wanting the best for you, Joanne. Your resiliency is amazing. I LOVE your good news--really, it brings tears to my eyes, esp the AA part (b/c of my connection to that, mostly) and the part about you trying to work things out with your dh. I'm so hopeful for you. The finances will work out, I'm sure of it. So sorry for the losses--I hope you have space and time to grieve in the way that you need to.

Considering the last I'd heard--in 2011, I think--the good news in your post is SO good. I've been thinking about you, worrying, praying over the past year. I'm so glad--so, SO glad A's health is...well, much better it sounds like. I pray all the other things would work themselves out peacefully, quickly. I know how incredibly deep your love for each other has been & through what incredibly hard times. I hope all the hurt can be healed, fixed, whatever. I hope health & comfort for you both & for your children. (((Joanne)))