Menu

what is on YOUR Christmas wish list?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing. Dh got me a car (!!!!) for my birthday this month. I'm counting that as my Christmas present too lol. My other birthday present was to go as a family once a month to volunteer. I had to ask dh for that as a gift to me because he wouldn't have wanted to go otherwise. :glare:He consented and I have lined up volunteer opportunities for the next four months.:D

My last birthday/Christmas wish was to start the process to become foster parents. We are going to start with a slightly different program, called Safe Families, but we are going to start! And it came from dh this time.:001_smile:

I could probably use a pair a of jeans, since I only have one pair that fits right now and I use them practically everyday. :001_huh:

And I'm about to clean out my closet, which means I'll probably need to get a couple of tops for winter this year. But I'm willing to go to the thrift store for clothes, so I can do that whenever.

matching flatware (I think I'm old enough for that now)

Well that made me laugh.

I have never made a list before, on the grounds that I would rather not get what I want but be surprised. It is all about the surprise for me. But after 16 years of marriage, I have finally realized that no one pays enough attention to me to accurately figure out what I want. I am NOT that hard to buy for, but rather than get expensive but thoughtless gifts year after year, I am throwing in the towel and making a list:

*Books selected by my 15 yo. We have very similar tastes in literature, and I am confident that she will do a good job.

*A new cookbook selected by my 12 yo. She is the best cook in the family (besides me, of course) and will pick a good one.

*Something to wear or something for the house selected by my 9 yo son, who has shockingly good taste in that sort of thing.

*From my dad, a picture of my grandmother as a young woman. And some elk sausage.

*From my husband, jewelry from Arhaus. I am going to hand him the catalog and say, "Close your eyes, open the catalog, stick your finger on something and order it."

Terri

These earrings like the character who plays Charlotte wears on Private Practice (in sliver and gold)

dadee_smalllotus.jpg

A large circle necklace from Roundabout (an Etsy seller)

il_fullxfull.204526993.jpg

or maybe this one:

il_fullxfull.234047084.jpg

Maybe an inexpensive Kindle to help with reading in school. But, then I feel like perhaps a Kindle Fire could be useful for videos for science and such. I am torn on this one.

My family keeps asking, "What can we get you? You never ask for anything." And I really don't.

But.

This has been bookmarked for a while:

Sumptuous, isn't it? Character, too.

Can't decide.

And speaking of "can't decide," as I mentioned in another thread, my husband would like to have an "Ideal Bookshelf" painting done for me, but which books? Which books?

Have you ever seen or used one in person? I went back and forth wanting that. My cricut thing sucks

I actually haven't, but I went back and forth between this and the Cricut. I landed on the Silhouette because 1) I don't have to buy expensive cartridges. It cuts images from the computer, which you can buy individually and at reasonable prices. 2) I have heard that it cuts intricate shapes more precisely.

Why do you hate your Cricut?

In my dreams I wish for,

A hair cut,

A pair of flat (no heals) brown cute boots,

A Blue Ray Player.

Some new work shirts,

New work shoes,

Coffee shop gift card,

and of course both vehicles fixed or maybe replaced. :)

In actuality the only thing I might actually get would be the haircut and work shoes.

A Keurig-maybe one of the new little mini ones, a binding machine (admittedly, more a school supply than anything else, but I want to play with it!) and a Pandora or Pandora-Clone charm bracelet. I never wear jewelry, but I love all the charms, and I've found some cute imitators for about $1/bead on Ebay. It's not that I couldn't buy it for myself-it's that I want someone ELSE to go through what they know about me and pick out beads that they think I'd like.

I'd like an mp3 player for the car. My brother has a spare he's promised to me, but will he get around to having it installed before Christmas? Probably not! :p

I think my ex has bought me a book on crystals.

That's my ration. :)

I clearly missed something. Ex?

Me too. :001_huh:

Dh & I don't buy for each other, preferring to adopt a local family in need or buy gifts for the needy through Compassion instead.

My mom does buy for me, so I've asked for a new pair of Danskos, GC to Eddie Bauer, LLBean or Land's End, a new crockpot, and some slippers.

What I want, I will have to wait for...right now I am just grateful for dear friends that care and that DH is has his CDL and is earning a paycheck again.

For the upcoming year:

A place to rent (probably in SC)

A vehicle big enough for all of us

Eventually:

A spinning wheel

A floor loom

And after seeing my friend's husband work a lathe, I'm thinking that is pretty cool and will one day have to have one added to our house for the kids to work on LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

My family keeps asking, "What can we get you? You never ask for anything." And I really don't.

But.

This has been bookmarked for a while:

Sumptuous, isn't it? Character, too.

Can't decide.

And speaking of "can't decide," as I mentioned in another thread, my husband would like to have an "Ideal Bookshelf" painting done for me, but which books? Which books?

Perhaps it's obnoxious to quote myself, but I am *so* delighted (to say nothing of happily "spoiled"): The bag arrived just before the holiday! Thank you, Mr. M-mv. And Miss M-mv(i) is drawing my ideal bookshelf. I loved that Mr. M-mv was going to have a painting done for me, but that my daughter, a gifted artist in her own right, is going to design the shelf? Priceless! Wonderful! She's using this as her inspiration.

Change of plans: I'm going to order a 64 GB Nexus 10 as soon as one is released next year (I'm hoping) and I've pre-ordered Peep Show series 8 for Christmas. It won't arrive until early January, but it'll be worth the wait. DH will probably pick up a couple books from my wish list, and I splurged and bought good bath towels for the whole family.

~a smallish red purse w a long yet adjustable strap (dd17 found one while we were at Kohls--I approved and bought it lol)

~a casual necklace with some red in it

~Amazon money to feed my Kindle

~Crabtree & Evelyn rosewater products

~Christmas decorations from Pier One

~attachments for my 21 year old KitchenAid mixer

I would really love an iPhone (my current phone is slowly dying) but that is most definitely the most wantish of wants.

I would love a wedding ring set. We have the diamond. We have the gold to melt down. We HAD the money for labor......until the van broke down and needed $2000 in repairs. *sigh* We just passed our 18th anniversary. Dh found the diamond in the middle of the road (I kid you not!) 6 years ago. Something always happens and the ring is just not a priority. Someday I would like it to be a priority.

Realistically, though, I'm hoping for:

a cool new pair of converse

a new search and find game for the computer

some Crunchie bars

For dh to keep his job come Jan when the new company takes over.

We're not getting gifts for each other just in case. And only one gift and small stocking for the dc. (thank God for their aunts and uncles sending presents for under the tree!)

I don't mind not getting gifts-dh gives me the gift every day of being home w/ the kids. Wish I could get him something though-his clothes are worn through. :crying:

Well that made me laugh.

I have never made a list before, on the grounds that I would rather not get what I want but be surprised. It is all about the surprise for me. But after 16 years of marriage, I have finally realized that no one pays enough attention to me to accurately figure out what I want. I am NOT that hard to buy for, but rather than get expensive but thoughtless gifts year after year, I am throwing in the towel and making a list:

*Books selected by my 15 yo. We have very similar tastes in literature, and I am confident that she will do a good job.

*A new cookbook selected by my 12 yo. She is the best cook in the family (besides me, of course) and will pick a good one.

*Something to wear or something for the house selected by my 9 yo son, who has shockingly good taste in that sort of thing.

*From my dad, a picture of my grandmother as a young woman. And some elk sausage.

*From my husband, jewelry from Arhaus. I am going to hand him the catalog and say, "Close your eyes, open the catalog, stick your finger on something and order it."

Terri

I am really enjoying reading everyone's lists! But this one ... made me laugh out loud.

I didn't make lists. Got weird things. The first year I made a HUGE list and my husband (and kids) got me EVERYTHING on the list. I can not imagine how much he spent. ay yi yi. Now I have to be careful...plan my list carefully .. I just don't want to make a list. LOL I have hinted a little. I might hint LOUDLY about a couple things. Thanks for the laugh. :)

After reading this thread there are all kinds of things on my list! Actually I'll have to streamline it.

I would love a tablet...but won't ask for one at this point.

Love the Michael Kors watch! that is gorgeous.

The bookshelf paintings? Oh my. Need to save that one for a future year.

I would love a CRicut or Silhouette but not going on the list.

Putting the Ben & Jerry's book on my list.

Slippers are needed this year

New blender

New food processor (both broke)

We are on the housing list to move to a new house on base...that would be a GREAT gift. We have lived in this house for 4 1/2 years. The longest I have lived anywhere since I was 18. I am going NUTS.