Menu

Don't even know how to title this post

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember exactly what tests he did. I remember getting the form letter with the results and it saying that everything tested within the normal range. I wish I had saved it, but when it came, it made me so upset again at the way he treated me, that I crumpled it up in a ball and threw it away.

Go into the hospital lab and request a printout of your lab work. Then you'll see what he tested you for. I always request a copy of the lab results to be sent to my home whenever anyone gets lab work done so I have a record of my own and can look back to see if I notice any trends over time.

Don't beat yourself up. My late dh wasn't diagnosed until stage 4. He would not have been concerned, but a doctor detected a problem at a routine aviation physical.

In retrospect, dh had a LOT of small symptoms that should have alerted us to a problem- his waist was getting larger for no apparent reason (enlarged spleen), he was getting a lot of colds, when he usually never got sick. He was no longer cold all the time, his knees hurt more than usual. I actually got kind of mad at him, because he couldn't tell me if his knee pain was joint pain or muscular pain. The pain was caused by a tumor in his spine.

Okay, now you have me a little concerned. My DH is sick...all the time with stuff that no one else in the house gets. He has been having a lot of knee pain for no reason. Now I am not going to rest easy until he gets a physical with blood work.

I didn't post this in my reply last night, but wanted to let you and others know that ovarian cancer is NOT detected by a pap. I haven't read all the replies but thought I had came across a few saying they haven't done this in a long time and really needed to etc....

There are symptoms that you can be aware of, such as...bloating that last more than two weeks, abdominal pain & discomfort, lower back pain, feeling of fullness quickly after eating and a couple more that I can't remember.

:grouphug: for you again and your family during this.

I didn't post this in my reply last night, but wanted to let you and others know that ovarian cancer is NOT detected by a pap. I haven't read all the replies but thought I had came across a few saying they haven't done this in a long time and really needed to etc....

There are symptoms that you can be aware of, such as...bloating that last more than two weeks, abdominal pain & discomfort, lower back pain, feeling of fullness quickly after eating and a couple more that I can't remember.

:grouphug: for you again and your family during this.

True, but they usually do an internal and eternal palpating at the same time to feel for anything unusual.

oh. my word, How awful. You fell asleep, woke up and had half your insides removed. I hate that you had to go through all that while in pain and groggy from pain meds. I will be praying for you, that your recovery from surgery will be quick, that your cancer treatments will go smoothly and you will be healed. That your pain levels will be manageable, and that those menopausal symptoms will disappear.

You are in my prayers. :grouphug: I started reading your post and I knew exactly where it was going, because it was so similar to my mom's ovarian cancer experience, nearly twenty years ago. I was 15 and I remember all of the emotions she went though (emotions I didn't really understand at the time, but understand quite well now!)

My mom has ovarian cancer. Regretfully it wasn't caught as early as yours. I would seriously suggest the following: A Naturopath Dr that specializes in Oncology. Checking out Metronomically measured Chemo. This is Seriously important. If after looking into it, you want more info... be sure to PM me. Also, I have a general email that I can send you, if you want some info... You can work with your body to put it in the very best spot. My mom has found a port in her arm to be most comfortable, compared to other options.

Hugs on your journey!

Hi. I'm so sorry for everything you're going through.

You might want to contact a medical malpractice attorney and consider filing a lawsuit. I used to be more blase about this sort of thing, but if he didn't even give you the option of doing more tests when you were certain there was something wrong, he is guilty of malpractice. And you are going to have plenty of medical bills and expenses. And unfortunately doctors take lawsuits more seriously than scathing letters, if for no other reason than that if they don't, their insurance will get yanked.

:iagree:But, request your medical records from him FIRST!

:grouphug: