Menu

Doggie

He doesn't poop or pee and he sleeps with me every night. He also has no ticks or fleas. I like that he's low maintenance. LOL! Oh, and I rescued him from Walmart at Christmas. Literally. He was in a bin of Christmas lights and decorations and he had a hole in him. I felt sorry for him.

post-596-13535087021862_thumb.jpg

Here's our two - Yukon and Kobuk - when they were puppies and also a pic of one of them with DS16. They are mutts and about 60 pounds now. I'm not actually sure which dog this is since they look just alike except for the color of their collars.....

Jedediah-he just turned one year. He's a 14 pound miniature American Eskimo. He received that bone for Christmas. We had to take it away because he was eating it too fast (he got it down to less than a foot in a couple of days). That cute toy next to him? He chewed the ears off, then the tail, then the face, then he carefully opened it up and took the squeaker out (it was a 4 pack--he did the same thing to the other 3). He's only allowed kong-type toys now. He's also in my signature :001_smile:.

Edited by JudoMom

This is Josie, our yellow Lab, when she was 2 months old. She's about 7 months now and a LOT bigger. :) I love seeing everyone's dogs!

I just had to add a pic of Josie with my dd's dog - Eddie. He's a Jack Russell and has so much personality!

post-7901-13535087054638_thumb.jpg

post-7901-13535087054938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mothersweets

Mine are in my signature. Tara is the brown lab/pit/shepherd/? mix that was born at a shelter, and Luke is the border collie that was found on the side of the road at 6 weeks old with brain damage. He wasn't expected to live. He's a sweetie, but definitely has brain damage.....he is the world's dumbest border collie i'm afraid. Good thing he is handsome!

Here's our two - Yukon and Kobuk - when they were puppies and also a pic of one of them with DS16. They are mutts and about 60 pounds now. I'm not actually sure which dog this is since they look just alike except for the color of their collars.....

Okay as someone that raised 2 puppies together...how did you find housebreaking? These pups are kicking my butt, and I am feeling like a housebreaking failure.

Everyone has such lovely dogs!:001_wub:

I'm feeling a touch melancholy over the dog subject today. Here is the puppy that was almost mine back in 2007:

Picture4.jpg

I was about a week away from having in my arms when the apartment complex that I was living in got new management and the new managers decided to not honor my agreement with the old... so, no more puppy for me. :glare: I find it awfully, horribly ironic that as someone who has an all consuming passion/obsession for training, showing, and working with dogs (and other animals in general) I have yet to actually own my own dog.

Ok, this time it worked I think... here's ours. Oliver and Sophie... they are spoiled rotten.

Oh, love. My first "baby" was a papillon. I still wake up sometimes feeling like she is sleeping by me at night. It was probably a good thing that she passed away while I was pregnant with my first human baby :) She was all mine, or should I say that I was all hers, and she would not have tolerated someone taking over her position very well, lol! Maybe someday I will have another one...