Menu

Only six months until Christmas...

Shouldn't she get banned for saying such a horrible thing? Aren't there rules against that?:tongue_smilie:

Exactly! All my boys and I have birthdays right around the holiday season. So this just reminds me that I'm getting older and so are my babies! :glare:

Me too. I know it's horrible, but it is so much extra work on top of my already busy life. It also brings up uncomfortable extended family issues. My bff calls me The Grinch and buys me Grinch-related gifts at Christmas. She has a tree in every room. <shivers>

I love it! I love the extra service we give to others, pouring over ideas for gifts to make, singing carols and hymns that we don't use all year, decorations, getting my little bits of shopping done early (way less stress), decorating our tree, making cookies to share, big dinners made, oh the pies and cakes and more pies! :lol:

You are a braver soul than I, Ellie.

Father mentioned the time until Christmas in his homily this weekend. (St. John the Baptist's nativity is celebrated 6 months before Jesus' nativity.) I thought about posting but decided against it. I didn't want Imp to kick me in the.... shins.

I love Christmas, but I hate the extra work it entails. Plus, this year, we're probably going to have to find a way to tell SIL that her dog is not welcome here :glare: Because apparently she just brings it along wherever now without asking.

I'm due right after Christmas. Gotta try to get my shopping and wrapping done early this year. Amazon gift wraps, right? Thinking that Prime Account may get some serious abuse this season :D

I told dh he had 6 months for find dd a pw50 motorcycle and have it painted pink. Also, we need to find riding boots, pink leather jacket. riding pants, helmet and gloves. He usually waits until the last minute but this year he'll need to get going with it.

Which just reminds me that number two child has a birthday in less than 2 months and I need to starting looking for her present. I know what we are getting her- a sewing machine and some quilting supplies like a big cutting mat, big ruler, and rotary cutter. NOw I have to be paying attention to sales.

(This is my college going daughter who has had a very hard time with a as yet undiagnosed serious illness. She will be returning to college in late August but without her car since she is still both fully fainting (rarely) and becoming weak and paralyzed (more frequentlY) - the difference with these is in fainting she has no idea what is going on and in collapsing, she is conscience but cannot move.)

You are a braver soul than I, Ellie.

Father mentioned the time until Christmas in his homily this weekend. (St. John the Baptist's nativity is celebrated 6 months before Jesus' nativity.) I thought about posting but decided against it. I didn't want Imp to kick me in the.... shins.

Wise woman.

I walked past a Hallmark store last week putting up their holiday stuff. :001_huh::ack2: My daughter got all giddy. Not a huge fan here. So much work and way too much family drama. My mother completely lost it last Christmas because we didn't bend over backwards enough for her (on the other hand, my brother and his family are never asked to bend over backwards).

Can someone just post a heads up when we're getting close to the holiday ordering deadline at Amazon!? :D

I love Christmas in its proper place and season, but June is not it.

Just as I don't dream of warm summer days, parades, fireworks, and fireflies in December, I don't dream of Christmas in the summer.

In fact, thinking of Christmas in the summer goes against my religious beliefs. :D

:auto:

I lOVE Christmas time but boy does it sneak up on you. When I was a kid it seemed like FOREVER until Christmas rolled around. Now, it seems like its here every 6 months!

That's because, as mentioned, it is already Christmas in retail. :ack2:

Phooey, I say! We have not even broken out the AC yet (though it's been like living on the face of the sun here, lately). I'm certainly not ready to go to the mental place of long nights, toasty fires, and warm goodies. No way!

I don't even know how I'm doing Christmas stuff this year... I'm due in November. :svengo:

If you figure it out, let me know -- my baby's due in early November, too.

Most likely I will order gifts online -- dh's at least pre-wrapped -- and make dh do everything else. :D (Tree, baking, etc.)

If you figure it out, let me know -- my baby's due in early November, too.

Most likely I will order gifts online -- dh's at least pre-wrapped -- and make dh do everything else. :D (Tree, baking, etc.)

I'd love to have my DH do everything.. But he's a pastor. It's a slightly busy time of the year in the church. :lol:

Maybe I'll make cookies in advance and freeze? Who knows. :tongue_smilie:

I love it! I love the extra service we give to others, pouring over ideas for gifts to make, singing carols and hymns that we don't use all year, decorations, getting my little bits of shopping done early (way less stress), decorating our tree, making cookies to share, big dinners made, oh the pies and cakes and more pies! :lol:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: I couldn't agree more. I LOVE Christmas. Everything about it. I spend August/September planning - making my list of people, start looking for gifts, get my address list up to date, get the kids' pictures taken for cards. In October/November, I plan my menu - including the shopping lists and a "countdown." I then spend December pre-cooking a lot of the food and freezing it.

Then, when Christmas actually rolls around, we are able to fully enjoy our company! (We have anywhere from 12 - 22 people staying at our house every year!!!)