Menu

If you have watched House from the beginning

do you still like it as much?

I really don't care for it anymore. I used to really like it. And I really don't like

Charlyne Yi and I don't know if it is her acting or the role she plays but she grates on my nerves.

But that isn't the only thing I don't like about it.

What are your thoughts?

I stopped watching it a while back. Originally, it seemed quirky and amusing within the sarcasm. The mystery illness was interesting to solve. Somewhere along the line, it just started to feel annoying more than entertaining.

That's how I feel as well. I've actually never enjoyed House himself. His rudeness isn't quirky to me. It's annoying and got old a long time ago. I also got tired of Cuddy and wasn't sad to hear that character was gone. After he drove the car into the house we just never seemed to start the next season and never felt terribly compelled to.

And I really don't like

Charlyne Yi and I don't know if it is her acting or the role she plays but she grates on my nerves.

Charlyne Yi has pretty much destroyed the show for me. I cannot seem to understand most of what she says, and I just want to scream, "QUIT MUMBLING ALREADY!!". Her flat affect also gets to me, and imo, makes her character seem not really smart enough to fit in with the rest. I don't really watch much tv, and I'm disappointed, because House was one of the few shows I enjoyed watching.

I have to tell you that I learned what Jumped the Shark meant just a few years ago.

I had heard the expression and picked up on the general meaning, but I had no idea it came from an actual show for a very long time!

Ah, the perils of growing up in Africa.

Dawn

I'd say last season jumped the shark.

We're still watching though :001_smile:

I definitely don't miss the character of Cuddy.

I do like having new doctors.

I really don't care for it anymore. I used to really like it. And I really don't like

What are your thoughts?

No. We actually stopped watching it a couple of seasons ago (after he went to rehab, I think?) because it just got boring. We couldn't really explain why, we just didn't like it as much.

I have lost interest, and yet still watch it.

How sad is that?

But there are only a few shows I dvr, and once in awhile I NEED some mindless TV. I thought I finally found a winner with Doctor Who, now they are going basically a WHOLE YEAR without a new show. In the meantime, it's House, Four Weddings, Cupcake Wars, The Daily Show, and 24 Hours in the ER....

So yes, still watching House mainly out of desperation...

Used to really like it (I love snarky) but then it got way too filthy. Also, with shows like that I like the episode by episode stuff, not the recurring character stuff. Law and Order was successful for so long because it focused more on each case and less on continuing story lines. I like that.

I stopped watching it a while back. Originally, it seemed quirky and amusing within the sarcasm. The mystery illness was interesting to solve. Somewhere along the line, it just started to feel annoying more than entertaining.

:iagree: Same here. I stopped watching after about 3 seasons.

I have lost interest, and yet still watch it.

How sad is that?

But there are only a few shows I dvr, and once in awhile I NEED some mindless TV. I thought I finally found a winner with Doctor Who, now they are going basically a WHOLE YEAR without a new show. In the meantime, it's House, Four Weddings, Cupcake Wars, The Daily Show, and 24 Hours in the ER....

So yes, still watching House mainly out of desperation...

Yep.

I used to not miss a night.

Now, I don't care, and my husband has to remind me that it's on. Then, I watch.

I actually told him last night that I hope this is the last year.

I loved the first several years.

Now? Blah.

What are your thoughts?

It's funny you should ask this now. My DH is watching it right now, and I'm in the office playing on the computer. Last season I watching it a litter, but this year not at all. I never used to miss a show and even have a few seasons on DVD that I was just thinking about selling.

I watched up through last year, but it lost its appeal when the story lines kept getting more and more bazaar and they started using sex to sell it. I kept hoping they would pull it back together. I watched a couple of episodes this year, stopped and haven't looked back. I am glad to hear I am not missing anything.

I have to tell you that I learned what Jumped the Shark meant just a few years ago.

I had heard the expression and picked up on the general meaning, but I had no idea it came from an actual show for a very long time!

And I remember watching that Happy Days episode. It was rough with the cliffhanger!! :lol:

I WISH our library had TV shows. They don't.

Dawn

We've watched almost all of our library's massive mysteries section and what they have of Father Ted. They really need to get the rest of Father Ted for me. :D

Speaking of TV, wasn't there supposed to be a good series tonight about Broadway or the making of a Broadway star? I'm bummed that I missed it. Anyone catch it?

[

Speaking of TV, wasn't there supposed to be a good series tonight about Broadway or the making of a Broadway star? I'm bummed that I missed it. Anyone catch it?

I did. I was disappointed how boring it was. I found the songs to be not very fun at all. I had such high hopes for that show.

I used to love House but I stopped watching the year he came out of rehab. For me the show became too formulaic. I felt like I was watching the same episode over and over. There is a new case. They try lots of unsuccessful things while the patient makes a sudden turn for the worse. Near the end of the episode House has a breakthrough while thinking of something unrelated. Now repeat every week for years.

I liked it until last season. Now I watch occasionally, but usually while doing something else because it doesn't keep my interest. I don't like the new characters, and I don't like their dynamics. I agree that the show jumped the shark, which is sad because I used to look forward to watching House.

I started House from the beginning, and I absolutely loved it! Mainly, because I was a huge Hugh Laurie fan from back in the Fry and Laurie days, along with Jeeves and Wooster. It was just so FUN seeing Hugh in such a different role, and doing it so admirably.

So....I watched House through season 4, although I didn't like where things were going in season 4 and didn't much care for it. I started season 5 and tried to like it....I really tried.....but I couldn't stand it and I quit.

But I still think Hugh Laurie is an amazing actor, and he is also an amazing musician. He sure can play the piano in a perfect 1920s style! Check out Band From TV. My daughter loves their DVD.

But as for House; nope. Not watching it anymore and don't want to.

Thank goodness Fringe is still holding it together.

LOL, see now DH and I think that Fringe is getting boring. I loved the first two seasons....and then they started in with the whole alternate universe and everything with Peter....and we are just losing interest. We still love the episodes where an actual fringe event occurs and they solve it, but not the ones where they focus on the alternate universe.

As for House, it's not as good either. We still watch it because I love House himself, but the storylines are not quite as good. I do like that Chase and Foreman are still there though.

This is where I am too....I LOVE Hugh Laurie, but I don't like this character anymore.

Dawn

I started House from the beginning, and I absolutely loved it! Mainly, because I was a huge Hugh Laurie fan from back in the Fry and Laurie days, along with Jeeves and Wooster. It was just so FUN seeing Hugh in such a different role, and doing it so admirably.

So....I watched House through season 4, although I didn't like where things were going in season 4 and didn't much care for it. I started season 5 and tried to like it....I really tried.....but I couldn't stand it and I quit.

But I still think Hugh Laurie is an amazing actor, and he is also an amazing musician. He sure can play the piano in a perfect 1920s style! Check out Band From TV. My daughter loves their DVD.

But as for House; nope. Not watching it anymore and don't want to.

LOL, see now DH and I think that Fringe is getting boring. I loved the first two seasons....and then they started in with the whole alternate universe and everything with Peter....and we are just losing interest. We still love the episodes where an actual fringe event occurs and they solve it, but not the ones where they focus on the alternate universe.

As for House, it's not as good either. We still watch it because I love House himself, but the storylines are not quite as good. I do like that Chase and Foreman are still there though.

LOL, we must be opposites. I love the alternate universe stuff and tolerate the random fringe event episodes. I keep thinking, "Get to the main plot, already!" I was raised to adore all things with time travel, alternate times, etc. so I'm going to blame my mom for my only increasing interest in Fringe:tongue_smilie:.

As far as House goes, I agree that it's not what it used to be. Yi drives me crazy! I do NOT like her character. I love Chase, but feel "meh" about everyone else. I hope they end the show soon.

I gave up sometime after the House-in-an-asylum episode.

The show is repetitive and tiresome, most of all because House cannot or will not change and the lack of character growth is a complete bore.

I suppose the writers thing they're doing something edgy and honest by keeping him a jerk, but I now find House loathsome and exhausting--much like a real addict!

I just learned about House. I am enjoying what I've seen (first epis of first season).

That's all I've got, opinion-wise. I started watching when I heard an online interview and learned that he's British. I started watching to listen. ;) I love when non Brits do English accents, so I thought this would be fun. I tend to like lighter programming, and this program can be quite dark. Not sure how I will fare with it.

Edited by LibraryLover

If you're sick of the show, but still sort of want to watch, just tune in for the first 10 minutes and then watch the last 10 minutes, and you've pretty much seen it all.

In the first part, you find out who's sick and what sort of personal problem one of the main characters will have this week, and in the last part, House looks across the room and notices something stupid like a pair of bunny slippers, which causes him to suddenly, immediately, and miraculously figure out the exact diagnosis and treatment, and you find out what happened with the regular character's crisis-of-the-week.

Episode over. And you didn't have to see the patient endure all of the incorrect diagnoses, requisite painful tests, nor the ineffective yet potentially deadly wrong treatments that inevitably occur before House saves the day.

And am I the only one who has noticed that House's doctor pals are the same people who operate the X-Ray machines, the CT Scan machine, the MRI machine, and draw the blood for the lab work? Just like in a real hospital... :rolleyes: And they don't show it on TV, but I'm pretty sure those same doctors also mop the floors and work behind the counter at the hospital cafeteria. They are so multi-talented.

And Cuddy always dressed like a tramp. She had a great figure, but her wardrobe was completely inappropriate for her position.

I have watched House from the beginning and will likely watch it to the end (which is reportedly this season?). It is smart, clever, and the characters are far from 2 dimensional.

I will admit that I have been tempted to stop watching because House is so self-destructive and emotionally unbalanced that it is often painful for me to watch! He keeps getting himself into the same old places- each time more and more destructive. It is terrible.

I enjoyed the interplay between Cuddy and House, and I especially enjoyed the relationship between House and Wilson. But they have moved away from that so much that it isn't as much of a draw anymore.

Dh, however, still wants to watch it . . . so I'm sure I will, too. :tongue_smilie:

No.

My DH still watches it but I only watch the odd episode to keep up with it a little.

It's not the same since Cuddy left.

And House is just an annoying old man now.

I actually told him last night that I hope this is the last year.

I read somewhere that this is the last season.

Edited by sewingmama

We stopped watching in Season 5 I think (no idea what the current season is).

We watch on DVD after the season airs on TV, and it became so predictable (well, always was) that we could tell by looking at the clock if the diagnosis was the right one or not. I forget the minute/time elapse now, but it was always the same exact time/point in the show when the right answer was finally found.

We watched a while longer after that, because once we noticed this it was hilarious to us to double, triple check every time. But the novelty wore off of that and then our local source of DVDs didn't get the next season and we gave up. Now if we see an episode here or there, we just don't find it interesting anymore.

(saying we because DH feels the same way....)