Menu

What's for dinner this Wednesday evening?

Cheeseburgers on the grill...one last fling before a cold front brings snow and ice. It's 50 degrees out right now and tomorrow at this time the forecast has us at 11 degrees.:chillpill:

For buns I'm trying some homemade rolls from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook I got for Christmas.

I'm almost afraid to post it after reading the Duggar-related food threads, but...pigs in a blanket. Yes, hot dogs wrapped in crescent roll dough.

Do I get any brownie points for using no-nitrate turkey dogs and low-fat crescent dough? We're also having roasted sweet potatoes. And spinach.

And chocolate pudding for dessert. :D

I'm almost afraid to post it after reading the Duggar-related food threads, but...pigs in a blanket. Yes, hot dogs wrapped in crescent roll dough.

Do I get any brownie points for using no-nitrate turkey dogs and low-fat crescent dough? We're also having roasted sweet potatoes. And spinach.

And chocolate pudding for dessert. :D

LOL Occasionally, this is a fun dinner!!!

Tonight for us - rice, beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, broccoli. Yum.

I put in a chicken to roast before I left the house for our activitie. I chopped cubed some butternut squash, boiled it up briefly, and shut it down before I left, and drained. When I got home I sauted frozen green beans, and mashed the squash in with some cooked garlic. (And I really, swear, truly did, put 2 chopped onions and about 8 cloves of galic in the chicken and squash.)

Edited by LibraryLover

Dd10 just served us: brown rice, fish sticks and steamfresh veggies (broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts) - oh and shrimp cocktail for dh who didn't want breaded fish.

My dh loves these!

Where do you get them? I can find canned, but nothing beyond that! I've even tried to roast/heat chestnut in the oven. (Roasted chesnuts from kiosks don't count. lol )

You guys are putting me to shame :tongue_smilie:

Tonight was Find Something Quick Out Of The Pantry Nightâ„¢

The result: Tomato Soup with Garbanzo Beans, Kale, and Mozzarella Cheese.

Fed, happy boys = happy mama :D

Actually, that sounds really good. Did you just add garbanzo beans to canned tomato soup and then wilt some kale in it?

Actually, that sounds really good. Did you just add garbanzo beans to canned tomato soup and then wilt some kale in it?

Yep. I heated a can of tomato soup mixed with a can of garbanzo beans, then added torn kale and a sprinkle of cheese. It took less than 5 minutes.

My dh loves these!

Where do you get them? I can find canned, but nothing beyond that! I've even tried to roast/heat chestnut in the oven. (Roasted chesnuts from kiosks don't count. lol )

I think that water chestnuts are a different food than chestnuts. Water chestnuts comes from a grass and chestnuts come from a tree.

This was a frozen "steamfresh" bag by Bird's Eye.

Wednesday is church supper night, so I didn't have to cook! :party:

It is catered (buffet style) by local restaurants, so tonight was fried chicken, green beans, macaroni and cheese, rolls, and apple cobbler. Usually, someone emails the menu out to everyone (mainly so people like my dh know if they need to supplement due to dietary restrictions), but the email didn't get sent today and I made mac and cheese for lunch. I think we'll be avoiding macaroni for awhile. :001_smile: