Menu

Add yours..."I bet I'm the only only one here that.."

I'm pretty sure I'm not very unusual considering the great variety of folks here, but I'm sortof bemused at of my span of talents or, should I say, attempts:

I am a Tiger Den Leader in our old Pack, and also the advancement chair and Eagle Coach in my sons' troop. That's a stretch of Scouting ages.

I taught French Hand Sewing and Smocking for years, and had a wedding gown design and restoration business. THEN, kids needed me to follow them where I sent them (to public school) so I subbed, volunteered, got trained as an assistant Scoutmaster, had meetings every night of the week....and now that I'm homeschooling, I have only 1 or 2 meetings at night a week, which is so cool. I use my sewing and design education to help big kids with their Anime Con costumes.

I feel stretched, spanning a wide range of stuff.....an odd mix of specialties. Oh, yeah, getting a permit to carry concealed weapon, something I never thought I'd care for, but doing it with a friend. I don't so much feel well rounded with these diverse oddities of knowlege, so much as a cobbled together discombobulation.

I have a hard time reconciling the smocking, lace working me, with the sessions training boys to start a fire with one match or less. Yes, I can. I specialize in cat hole digging, too. Somebody has to tell them.

No rhyme or reason to it, I just flow on....I wish I could be more graceful about it, but I flounder around a lot. I'm thinking many of you have more diverse talents stretched out than I, with a greater range of children's ages.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than "I bet I am the only one" I will say "I HOPE I am the only one who..."

... During her wild college days, went on spring break, had too much to drink, entered and won a bikini contest, and ended up in a bikini on Coors Light posters in bars all over the country.

How humiliating. :tongue_smilie:

Well, there is the proof that God can change even the worst of us! :D

There are a few things here that I am/do/like but I lost track because I got distracted by stiletto heels.

I bet I'm the only one that has pole danced in stiletto heels.

Not professionally or anything, it was an exercise class. The shoes were not a requirement but the instructor said the higher the shoe the faster your butt would perk up. And it sure did. I opted for a lovely pair of 6" black pumps. I kept them for "special occasions." :lol: Honestly I think that heel classifies as a weapon.

"I HOPE I am the only one who..."

... During her wild college days, went on spring break, had too much to drink, entered and won a bikini contest, and ended up in a bikini on Coors Light posters in bars all over the country.

I KNEW you looked familiar!!!!

(just kidding!)

Okay, mine is not quite as public as ending up on a Coors light poster, but I bet I'm the only one who, after attending a Russian Vodka party with two guys named Sergei, woke up in the morning with her feet in the toilet.

I bet I'm the only one whose three kids all had pneumonia one right after the other. I could have used a Russian Vodka party right about then.

My cousin and his wife were here last night. They live in China. She was telling us about the dinner dogs. As in, "Don't pet that one. It's a dinner dog.". Eww. I know it's just a cultural difference, but...

We have a friend who raises our beef for us each year. Dh is always trying to get me to do down to the pasture to see our cow. I tell him "I don't want to meet our meat...or it will likely become a pet and not dinner!"

I am not naive about where meat comes from, but I also know my own limitations.

I wear a headcovering with blue jeans. :) I only cover at church or when praying, but I wear blue jeans unless I am going somewhere with a dress code.

Hmmm....

I bet I'm the only one here that wears a headcovering while wearing pants. :D

(Not all the time. I don't always wear a headcovering, and I somtimes wear skirts instead of pants. And I sometimes wear a headcovering AND skirts. But I never, ever see other women wear a headcovering with pants. :))

I bet I am the only one who gets annoyed when things are crooked. For example, if I'm laying in bed I can't have one side of the sheet going over my shoulder and the other side going over my waist; they must both go across at the same level. Or in school, my desk HAD to be parallel with the wall. If it was angled, I had to fix it. DH seems to think it's funny to twist his socks or the kids' pants around because it absolutely must be fixed. :glare: Punk :tongue_smilie:

Nope. I have to have the covers on the bed lined-up.( the edge of the comforter must be exactly lined up with the sheet and blanket) or I CANNOT get to sleep. My hubby goes in to fix the bed before bed.:lol:

Twisted pants on the kids drive me nuts as well as, sippy cups with miss-matched lids.:tongue_smilie:

I thought I was the only one!

I am related to you guys. I do all of that! My older kids used to put the wrong lid on the sippy cups just to mess with me.

I bet I'm the only one who took their son to get a tattoo for his 18th birthday - and got one too.

Okay, I came up with mine.

I bet I'm the only one who had an hour-long conversation with her future husband, which conversation consisted of us throwing math puns back and forth while sitting in a baseball stadium not watching the game. Back when I adamantly did not like him. ;-)

I bet I am the only one here with several scraps of tinted nitrate film stock from the 1910s in a little basket on the shelf.

And had 15 lb, 15 oz of baby at one time (over due twins) - at 5"1" I was as big around as i was tall.

And whose fil was mistaken for Pope John Paul once at the Vatican.

Edited by JFSinIL

LOL!!! Not a big NWA fan, but I do love House of Pain and Eminem (along with pretty much every musical genre except country).

I bet I'm the only one here that....reads business strategy books for fun. I also regularly go to Karaoke night (and yes, I sing!) but I have a feeling there are some other WTM'ers on here that need to come out of the Karaoke closet... ;)

Well, the first time my now dh and I ever hung out we went to karaoke. He sang some Led Zeppelin. Now he owns his own karaoke business. Some songs I sing at karaoke:

Hook by Blues Traveler

Fidelity and Hotel Song by Regina Spektor

Add it Up by the Violent Femmes

Uprising by Muse

In the food category:

I like banana and mayo sandwiches. Mayo is the only thing I can eat banana sandwiches with. My mom fed them to me when I was a kid. Now she, on the other hand, is probably the only person ever to eat ice cream sandwiches. Not the frozen confection kind. The kind made with ice cream spread over two pieces of toast.

In the food category:

I like banana and mayo sandwiches. Mayo is the only thing I can eat banana sandwiches with. My mom fed them to me when I was a kid. Now she, on the other hand, is probably the only person ever to eat ice cream sandwiches. Not the frozen confection kind. The kind made with ice cream spread over two pieces of toast.

I LOVE banana and mayonnaise sandwiches!!!!!! My mom made them for us all the time when I was a kid.

I LOVE banana and mayonnaise sandwiches!!!!!! My mom made them for us all the time when I was a kid.

You're the first person I've known outside my immediate family that likes these! Everyone I've ever mentioned it to just looks at me funny. :D

Originally Posted by Rivka viewpost.gif

I bet I'm the only one here who has eaten fire.

:ohmy: What, now? :lol:

Well, when I say eaten, it's not like you swallow it. But "I bet I'm the only one here who has extinguished a torch in her mouth" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Mine is Hoopnotica. :)

Another hooper! :party:

I haven't tried Hoopnotica, but it looks like they have nice hoops. My first adult hoop was 3 pounds and 42" (I'm only 5'4".) I hated it! It was a $40 special order (shiny and beautiful) and I ended up just giving it to the 6'1" 15-year-old girl next door. My current hoop is 14 oz. and 37" (from Hoop Mamas) and it is a much better fit.

GoldGlitzGlam1-500x500.jpg

In the food category:

I love ketchup on pasta. My mother served it up that way throughout my childhood. I don't think she discovered tomato sauce until 1979.

Weird quirks:

When I go to bed at night the bedroom door has to be cracked open 1" . It can not be closed all the way or open more than that or I am unable to sleep.

Ever have an interest, hobby, idea or ideology that you are absolutely *positive* no one here on this board would connect to- pure weirdo food realm stuff?

So you say nothing ever about it because you'd be blown out of the water or passed by?

This is the thread to put your interest entry in. I'll get all Joe Brave and start.

I bet there is not another soul reading that enjoys NWA remixes and finds them somehow intellectually expanding, stimulating. Especially remix on repeat play with extended bass.

---

Your turn....have an entry?

I bet I still know every word to the Straight Outta Compton album... And Eazy E's Eazy-Duz-It album. Although I think my favourite group from that era of my life was Cyprus Hill. I haven't heard any of it in years...

I bet I am the only one who spent a week sleeping the hard floor of a theatre with three other people while we attempted to build the set and male costumes for Beauty and the Beast in one week. My kids camped out with us, they still beg to sleep at the theatre again!!

I bet I'm one of only a handful of people who has half a dozen different music genres in her Pandora station list. I have country, rap, heavy metal, grunge, classical, new age, jazz, oldies, and pop in my list - and there are multiple stations for some of these, because sometimes there isn't enough overlap to get all the good music in one station.

I DO listen to all of them... and frequently sing along.

I bet I'm also one of only a few people who has ridden in a hot air balloon. For free :)

"It's Friday! You ain't got no job. You ain't got .... to do. We gonna get you high."

Nope. Not the only one;):lol:.

I even watched Friday After Next.

I raise my own meat.

I like banana and mayo sandwiches. And when I have been really broke, sugar and mayo sandwiches (which oddly taste similar to banana and mayo sandwiches).

I bet I'm the only one who decided now-dh was the one based on a neck and neck scrabble game where we both scored over 300. (I won, BTW, with a triple word score for smug. It was beautiful.)

Oh, and I bet I'm the only one who wants to go extended range scuba diving.

Lol! I love old skool rap! (Disregard if you are thinking of a classier NWA)

I think I am the only one here who is absolutely fanatical about football. I skipped a potential date night with dh because the Saints are playing a play-off game tonight. BTW, they won, so it was totally worth it. Also, I am making dh take the dc to karate Monday night so I can watch LSU beat the tar out of Bama.

I mostly lurk, but I am right here with you with the football. Down to the teams. Geaux Saints! Last night was a great game!

I am so darn excited about tomorrow's game - Geaux Tigers!!

I live in the Baton Rouge area and graduated from LSU. My dad was the mascot in the early 1980s. We bleed purple and gold!

I bet I'm the only one who raises "cute little lambs" (as my friend calls them in hopes that she'll change my mind) for my freezer... People always want their kids to see them..."Sure" I say, "Come on over". They arrive and want to play with them. I razingly have to tell the parents that we don't play with our food :tongue_smilie: .But I'll still let the kids hold a calm lamb if there is one...believe it or not those little guys can jump around like rabbits.

Oh and right now I have a bottle dairy bull calf that I'm raising for the freezer as well.

...now I'm off to my corner to hide from those that will think I'm terrible :leaving:

We have a dairy bull calf named T-bone. All the kids swear they are becoming vegetarian when his day comes.

We harvested 95 chickens in October.

We've been discussing sheep. We need to improve our fencing before we are ready for that. I may have to pick your brain about that one.

Another sports one, but the other sort of football..... I bet I'm the only one who is a massive Glasgow Rangers fan (despite not being able to watch the games on tv :sad: ). I am usually sitting here at the computer on Saturday morning catching as much match commentary and live blogging of the SPL as I can.