Menu

Add yours..."I bet I'm the only only one here that.."

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the food category:

I like banana and mayo sandwiches. Mayo is the only thing I can eat banana sandwiches with. My mom fed them to me when I was a kid. Now she, on the other hand, is probably the only person ever to eat ice cream sandwiches. Not the frozen confection kind. The kind made with ice cream spread over two pieces of toast.

I ate banana and mayo sandwiches all the time growing up. Was your Mom from the South?

We have a dairy bull calf named T-bone. All the kids swear they are becoming vegetarian when his day comes.

We harvested 95 chickens in October.

We've been discussing sheep. We need to improve our fencing before we are ready for that. I may have to pick your brain about that one.

We had a steer that we named Bo. That was so we could say we were eating sloppy Bo's. :tongue_smilie:

I ate banana and mayo sandwiches all the time growing up. Was your Mom from the South?

Nope--Hawaii born and raised and never lived anywhere else. Maybe it was something poor people ate? She came from a poor family; we were definitely poor when I was growing up. Were y'all poor? (I've lived in the south a long time now--hence the y'all--but learned to eat banana and mayo sandwiches growing up in HI.) Did you eat sardine sandwiches? How 'bout pork-n-bean sandwiches? I haven't but Mom talks about eating those. :ack2:

I bet I'm the only one on this board who...

drove from New Hampshire to Tampa, Florida with a 3 month old; to introduce her to my in-laws, and.... they wouldn't open the door to visit with us.

robin

Oh, Robin. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I bet I'm the only one on this board who...

drove from New Hampshire to Tampa, Florida with a 3 month old; to introduce her to my in-laws, and.... they wouldn't open the door to visit with us.

robin

:grouphug:

I drove from farther, from Montreal to Tampa, as the only driver in the car. But the kids were older (9 and 12 yo) and the grandparents did open the door.

Hmm, no, come to think of it, they did not. But that's because we were flying when they were down there, and when I drove they were not there :tongue_smilie:

Nope--Hawaii born and raised and never lived anywhere else. Maybe it was something poor people ate? She came from a poor family; we were definitely poor when I was growing up. Were y'all poor? (I've lived in the south a long time now--hence the y'all--but learned to eat banana and mayo sandwiches growing up in HI.) Did you eat sardine sandwiches? How 'bout pork-n-bean sandwiches? I haven't but Mom talks about eating those. :ack2:

We weren't poor, but she grew up very poor. We didn't eat sardine sandwiches, but did eat corned beef (the gross canned kind, sliced) sandwiches. We also ate pineapple sandwiches with mayo.

Ooooh. I come kind of close to this. I did wear a corset in a theatrical production when I was 16. I was in Godspell and sang Turn Back, O Man and By My Side. My parents were less than thrilled with my costume, which also included a feather boa. :D What part is your daughter playing?

Oh, mine would LOVE to do Godspell. I took her up to NYC when they had the open auditions for the current revival, just because she wanted to get a taste of what that process was like.

A madhouse, by the way, was what it was like.

Anyway, this corset was purchased for her to be in a "shadow cast" (kind of, although they did their own singing) for Rocky Horror Picture Show. She was one of the usherettes, who sing Science Fiction Double Feature.

Before that, she was Evelyn Nesbit in Ragtime. They had her in lingere for that, too, complete with a feather boa.

I was very excited when she got to wear actual clothing in her most recent role.

My list is voluminous....

I have if there was any decent indie in the 90's I either played with them, slept on their floor, at sushi with them, at least was introduced or dated someone in the band.

I played at CMJ in NYC when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

When I was 16, Billy Corgan was a friend of mine and had a appears to have had a crush on me. He used to have really long blonde hair. He was a bad kisser.

I have been credited or thanked on no fewer than 25 albums.

I have released 2 albums, and 3- 45rpm vinyl records.

I have had photographs published in newspapers, 2 album covers. My son was in a commercial.

I feel like I will be deleting this all very soon....;)

Awesome! I feel like I must know of you... Hummm, do I possible possess on of these?

My tiny clams to oddity. I went to school with Matt Dillion, Michael Stipe puked on my shoes outside 40 Watt in Athens. I hung out with Rue Paul at GA State (early 80's). I do know and like most all of NWA's music, I do have one of the most diverse and extensive LP/CD/MP3 collections of music, watch more subtitled films than those in English, and I'm quickly running out of breath. :lol:

I guess I could say no one else hear spend a part of each of the day playing with fire... I do! :D

I bet I am the only one here who goes to see Hot Tuna at least once a year....and my 17 Yo son comes too....his first Tuna concert was hen he was 4 days old. It has become a tradition to put tickets in his Christmas stocking every year....we are going in February!

I may be the only one who went to an Orthodox Jewish Yeshiva for my middle school years.

Oh...and this one is really weird. I was part of The Rocky Horror Picture Show floor show...in Brooklyn ....during the early 80's. We did this as group weekly for 3 years! We performed with the "real" floor show in Greenwich Village once....wow!! That was a lifetime ago!

Faithe

Edited by Mommyfaithe

The bookshelf is out of control. At least 100 business books there (in addition to other topics), but I discovered the library about a year ago so I'm buying less these days... Right now, I'm reading "The Art of Woo - Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas", "The Thank You Economy", and "The Great Formula - Creating Maximum Profit with Minimum Effort."

I could totally see myself doing that!

Packers fans here too (me by marriage - DH was born and raised right outside of Green Bay)!

I LOVE business books! I'm currently reading 'Accelerating the Sale' and 'Selling Luxury Homes'...I've got three John Maxwell books on my waiting to be read shelf. Even better, I'm beginning work on writing a business book myself...'The Thank You Economy' is on my Amazon wish list...

I may be the only one who has thrown out the first pitch at a Major League Baseball game. :001_smile:

JEALOUS!

Well, I used to think that I was the only bag snob here, but Mariann and others put that to rest! I also know I'm not the only one who likes a little Eminem. ;)

I know there are a couple of other baseball fans too - are you all NUTS about baseball? I'm seriously counting down to pitchers and catchers report.

NUTS here, too! I'm a total fangirl about two things, Stargate SG1 and Texas Rangers baseball. One of the happiest trips my dh and I went on was to spring training a few years ago. Got to meet and have photos with some terrific players. My dh used to fly the Rangers and one of my prized possessions is a signed jersey--everyone on the plane the night they clinched the division in 2010 signed it for me. Very cool.

I may be the only one who planted over 2000 bulbs this fall.

For the last few hundred I had to chip away a bit of ice from the top of the soil.

We have a limited number of springs to experience in our life spans and I'm trying to make them spectacular. :)

I love tulips! I say every year that I want more and more--they are so challenging in north Texas...I've also said that if I live to 80, I only get to see spring 80 times...I mean to enjoy it every year.

My claims to fame.....

I'm married to a man who flies professional sports teams around.

I've eaten a caterpillar...in a survival class in high school

I've done a small amount of nude photography--as the photographer, not the subject. (Well, except for dh. ;)) Fine art nudes photography for the most part....and I studied briefly with a Playboy photographer. After studying with him, I can make any woman look better than real life...lots of great techniques learned there.

Any other stained glass creators on this board?

Here are a few...

I attended Reagan's first Inauguration.

I met Rudolph Nureyev backstage at the Kennedy Center. My sister was in Don Q with him, and when my dad and I were picking her up one night, she took me down to meet him.

I was in Joseph and the.... with Edward Norton. He helped me study for my high school graduation exams, which were the week before the show opened. We were also in Oliver together.

My husband (who is not Edward Norton) and I had our first date in Leningrad, USSR. Our second was in Tallinn in Estonia, which was then part of the USSR. Our first kiss was in Moscow. The rest of the relationship has been on non-communist soil, though.

I currently teach AP Calculus to students whose parents didn't finish elementary school, and I love it, and my students don't have sex in my classroom or in my hallway.

(and our poor people lunch was butter and brown sugar sandwiches)

I bet I'm the only one here that started dating their dh at the age of 13 (he was 15). We married after he finished college.

Nuh-uh! Except my DH was 14 at the time. (Lesson: Be very nice to early boy/girlfriends!)

We were at a regional 4-H contest and he was impressed by my mad insect identification skillz. I was amused by his attempts at chicken judging. :001_smile:

I bet I am the only one here whose first hike over 30 minutes was climbing Long's Peak in Colorado, wore brand new hiking boots bought the day before the climb (Merrells I am forever a fan!) and carried a banana and m&m's for nourishment...after that...I have no doubt that after that, I can pretty well tackle anything! :D

I bet I am the only one who gets annoyed when things are crooked. For example, if I'm laying in bed I can't have one side of the sheet going over my shoulder and the other side going over my waist; they must both go across at the same level. Or in school, my desk HAD to be parallel with the wall. If it was angled, I had to fix it. DH seems to think it's funny to twist his socks or the kids' pants around because it absolutely must be fixed. :glare: Punk :tongue_smilie:

Nope, I think this one is fairly commom.

We weren't poor, but she grew up very poor. We didn't eat sardine sandwiches, but did eat corned beef (the gross canned kind, sliced) sandwiches. We also ate pineapple sandwiches with mayo.

Oh yeah, we ate a lot of canned corned beef but with steamed cabbage or fried onions, not on sandwiches. And Spam. Having grown up in HI I've probably eaten more Spam than everyone on the board combined. I don't eat it anymore and haven't in a looooong time, though.

I bet I'm the only one who's ever suggested it would be cool if her body could be exploded as a cadaver in a science experiment. (Brought on by an episode of Bones)

I love biology, anatomy, forensics, stuff like that.

I have thought of donating my body to the cadaver farm in TN after I die.

I bet I'm the only one who raises "cute little lambs" (as my friend calls them in hopes that she'll change my mind) for my freezer... People always want their kids to see them..."Sure" I say, "Come on over". They arrive and want to play with them. I razingly have to tell the parents that we don't play with our food :tongue_smilie: .But I'll still let the kids hold a calm lamb if there is one...believe it or not those little guys can jump around like rabbits.

Oh and right now I have a bottle dairy bull calf that I'm raising for the freezer as well.

...now I'm off to my corner to hide from those that will think I'm terrible :leaving:

We do play with our food. We raise our own meat and butcher everything smaller than a cow ourselves. We've got a lineup of things waiting to go in the freezer right now, just waiting on colder weather.

Not the only one--I'm thinking the ewe lamb born today will look pretty good in white paper. Two go to the butcher on Tuesday! Rule#1: don't name butcher lambs... Next year's beef is in the corrals right now.

We name ours. Right now we have the calves, Chocolate, Ribeye, Will (we "will" eat him), and Firecookie. The goat kids are Lollipop, Popsicle, Brie, Candy Corn, Goulash, Muenster, and Meatball. The only edible pig is named Hamfast.

I bet I'm the only one whose dh didn't propose. Ever! Fil proposed though. To both of us. We've been married twenty-four years.

I bet I'm the only one here who ever stood on a line for hours outside a bookstore (I think it was a Borders) in New York City for a book signing (Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers signing his book "Scar Tissue"), who then got bored with answering "book signing" when asked over and over again by passerby: "Hey, what are you guys standing on line for?" and so instead started saying: "American Idol Auditions!" which then caught on and resulted in people around me coming up with their own creative responses when THEY were asked...it got pretty amusing (despite one person saying something about a sperm bank).

P.S. I was really only there to keep my sister-in-law company. She was the big Anthony Kiedis/Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. I bought a copy of the book and got it signed since, what the heck, I was there. I've still got it sitting on my book case. This was YEARS ago. Would you believe I've never even read it? Standing on line was the most fun part haha.

I bet I'm the only one married to a former Professional Football Player.

And if I'm not, I'm sure I'm the only one married to the very first player ever to go through the NFL draft twice. (It's happened more times, since then.)

He was a 5th round draft pick by the Cowboys, but didn't sign with them because they wanted him to sign a waiver stating that if he injured his back, they wouldn't cover any medical expenses. He refused to sign and the Cowboys badmouthed him and said his career was toast.

He continued to train for the next year anyway, and ended up going one round higher in the draft. He was a 4th round pick for the Eagles, and he ended up playing 5 years in Philly. That was extremely satisfying for him after the way he was smeared by the Cowboys. Needless to say, even though we live in Dallas, we don't root for "Da Boys.":tongue_smilie:

I bet I'm the only one here who has a chicken living in the house.:glare:

:leaving:

Sorry. Believe or not, there are TWO of us here who have chickens living in the house! :lol: There's always a bird(s) in here.

On that same vein, I bet I'm the only one here who drives hundreds of miles several times per year, all over the country, to show chickens on a regional and national level. (I am known locally as the crazy chicken lady. I haven't figured out yet if that's a compliment or not. :tongue_smilie:)

I'll bet I'm the only one who has over 400 bottles of nail polish. I am addicted and can't stop myself from buying polishes simply because I love their names, or unique shades.

I buy glitter and flaky polishes just because I think they are lovely, even though I never wear anything but cremes and jellies. I love everything from Chanel and Butter London down to OPI, Essie, and even Sally Hansen and Wet and Wild (sometimes the cheap polishes are better than the expensive ones).

I once spent $95.00 on a bottle of polish just so I could have the "conquest" on ebay.

I'll bet I'm the only one who has over 400 bottles of nail polish. I am addicted and can't stop myself from buying polishes simply because I love their names, or unique shades.

I buy glitter and flaky polishes just because I think they are lovely, even though I never wear anything but cremes and jellies. I love everything from Chanel and Butter London down to OPI, Essie, and even Sally Hansen and Wet and Wild (sometimes the cheap polishes are better than the expensive ones).

I once spent $95.00 on a bottle of polish just so I could have the "conquest" on ebay.

Oh my gosh, you are related to my 14yo dd. I don't even want to know how many she has. When the Mac collector's sets (I don't even know if that's what they're really called:001_smile:) come out, I have to have her at the mall when it opens! She won't even open them.

Ever have an interest, hobby, idea or ideology that you are absolutely *positive* no one here on this board would connect to- pure weirdo food realm stuff?

So you say nothing ever about it because you'd be blown out of the water or passed by?

This is the thread to put your interest entry in. I'll get all Joe Brave and start.

I just have to tell you: This might be my favorite thread of all time. :D

I bet I am the only one who is in their 40's that wears a children's shoe size of 1 and a 1/2.

How tall are you, and do small feet run in your family?

I can't imagine how much trouble you have buying appropriate shoes.:grouphug:

(And I thought I had trouble wearing size 11!)

:ohmy: What, now? :lol:

Okay, mine is not quite as public as ending up on a Coors light poster, but I bet I'm the only one who, after attending a Russian Vodka party with two guys named Sergei, woke up in the morning with her feet in the toilet.

This one made me lol. Dh and I often say we're glad no one was around with a video camera or YouTube when we were between the ages of 18 & 20