Menu

What's on your kids' Christmas List? Or yours? :)

Thought it might be fun to see what others are asking for for Christmas. We're having a more minimalist Christmas this year (we've discussed it with the kids) so here's what they asked for:

Older:

Shark model if we can find, otherwise shark poster.

some sort of blank journal book that's boyish--any ideas? I am going to look at B&N

inline skates (from Grandma)

-we'll be getting him a bean bag chair too.

Younger:

craft supplies to make puppets and "real" jewelry (not plastic LOL)-I think I will get him a cool container for beads and select a few pieces.

renewal of subscription to Little Passports (from Grandma)

Squinkies set

-we'll be getting him a bean bag chair.

Me

Settlers of Catan

Wouldn't mind a gift certificate to jewelmint.com :)

DH:

sigh. Always the hardest to shop for. No idea. Something small. Hasn't asked for anything except a Hot Pepper Of The Month Club subscription. And no, such a thing does not exist, as far as I can tell....:glare:

I had the following discussion with my 3.75 year old a few weeks ago:

Me: "DS, what do you want for Christmas?"

DS: "NOTHING!!!!!"

Me: "Well, that's easy."

DS: "A dog."

Me: "We have a dog."

DS: "A REAL dog!"

Me: "We have a real dog."

DS: "A BABY dog!!"

Yeah, sorry kid, that's not happening! :lol:

DS5 would be happy with all Legos. DD hasn't made any requests, come to think of it. She's easiest to shop for, though.

I wish only for enough money in my bank account to pay for all the extra expenses that come with the holidays! Seems like even when you try to keep it to a minimum, it still adds up so fast.

Eldest DD wants:

Bike

Glow in the Dark Earrings

Archery Set

Microscope

Spy Kit

Ear Phone Walkie Talkie

Fun Wheels

Younger DD (everything else in the books!)

Bike

Design it yourself Jewelry Box

Make-Up Kit

A big honkin' craft supply kit

A tent

A big huge stuffed dog

Drawing Faces

Design your own Necklace

A Pottery Barn Kids Chair

Drawing Painting suplly Kit

Inflatable Skating Rink

Blinglets

One of those Barbie heads that you can fix the hair and do the make-up on.

A Fireworks in Your Room

Kids Concoct Weird Wacky and Wild Stuff

Enchanted Breyer Horse: Sumatra

the stuff in red are the things they actually have a snowball's chance in hades of getting :)

I forgot about me! I want a grain mill and a Zojirushi Bread machine. I got a new fridge (2/3 off the original price!!)

DH is getting a couple of computer games and clothes.

Edited by cin

DS8

Star Wars Legos

ZomeTool

more Citiblocs

new baseball glove

Harry Potter 6-7

DD

balloons

fairies

cake decorating supplies

watercolors

clay and supplies

fabric for quilting and embroidery

scooter

DS5

more Zoobs

Lego Space and Aliens

stuffed cat

scooter

DH

surprise - He's also getting a new baseball glove just like the one he picked out for DS8. (He's been playing catch with his old softball glove.)

Tempur-Pedic pillow

Rangers memorabilia for his garage

Klean Kanteen coffee cup

tent, fishing/camping gear

Me

DH home in time for Christmas :001_unsure: (We'll wait to celebrate it until he's here but we are so hoping we get to do it on time.)

Jane Austen box set from Oxford

fondue pot

embroidery supplies

pretty salad bowl from Crate and Barrel

new pepper grinder

Lush bath bombs

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

DS1 (7):

chess

back gammon

checkers

Lego Star Wars sets

An Axis powers battleship

Magic Treehouse books

Lego Star Wars shirts

A hockey goalie helmet

Can we say "geek"? And the "Axis powers" is from reading SOTW4... DS2 got a WWII type battleship for his birthday last month, and DS1 wants the enemy ship. :D

DS2 (5):

rocket

space shuttle

cars

Lego cars

vacuum cleaner toy

Nerf gun that shoots yellow and red bullets

shark stuffed animal

silly toy

new socks

new underwear

new pants

new shirt

rocket Color Wonder

Space Shuttle Color Wonder

ship Color Wonder

rocket ship Color Wonder

airplane... "lots of airplanes" (Matchbox type)

Yes, DS2 got a bit carried away dictating things to me for his list. :lol:

I wish DS3 could tell me what he wanted, but he doesn't understand the whole concept of asking for things... He's just 2.5. :D So we'll figure some things out for him. We got him something we think he'll like, and then anything else that's a cheesy gift (clothes, etc.) won't matter because he'll have the one cool toy that he'll love... plus all the wrapping paper. ;)

Me:

Piano (we've been saving up for this, and last year my parents gave us a chunk of money towards it)

Some type of eReader or tablet or something... Still trying to decide what I'd like... drooling over the iPad, but not really wanting to plunk down that much $$$ at this point :tongue_smilie:

KitchenAid Mixer (my old one's motor is going south... DH got a GREAT deal from Kohl's by stacking rebates and discounts and using specific credit card, etc., so he ended up getting it for about $100... the one that's normally $400 - he's good!)

My son (15) would like:

iPod

Nintendo SNES console and some games for it

more games for his Nintendo 64

a complicated Lego set, like one of the architectural ones

a Pikachu backpack or a messenger bag with some anime character on it

a collectible figure of one of his favorite anime characters

My husband hasn't mentioned anything, but he has been getting interested in drinking lots of healthy juices, so I'm looking into a juicer. I'll also probably get him some books, including the Steve Jobs biography.

Me? A Nook or Kindle with e-ink and touch screen, an iTunes gift card, new clothes, the Phantom 25th anniversary Blu-Ray if it comes out in time, tickets to see Madame Butterfly or Wicked (both will be performed in our area in January). A hands-free thing for my iPhone in the car, so I can use it as a GPS easier, take calls hands-free, etc.

Wendi

We don't do wish lists, but my son has been begging me to take him shopping tomorrow to buy clothes. He's especially excited about some local store that is advertising men's suits, buy-two-get-one-free.

Sigh.

Mine both like books and DVDs. They traditionally get a handmade ornament and some personalized pajamas every year, both of which they look forward to getting.

Although he hasn't asked for it "for Christmas," my son has been begging for a briefcase for months.

I don't dare share any more details, since my daughter is using my computer now and then. But, in general, we just keep an eye on things they've seen and liked and think about what they're really into at the moment in order to help us choose gifts.

My husband is extremely difficult to shop for, but I've got a couple of ideas. I found one of those old-fashioned looking multi-function stereo things at Target. He's mentioned liking them a number of times, and Target had a good deal. So, that's hidden away already. I'm also making him a desk calendar on Snapfish with pictures of the kids. That's all I've come up with for him so far, but it's more than I often have by this time of year.

He really wants a recumbent bike, but I haven't found one locally for a price I can figure out how to squeeze unobtrusively out of the budget (as in, he won't notice when that chunk of money leaves the joint account). Plus, I feel very weird about buying something like that for him without giving him a chance to try it out and make sure it's what he wants.

For me? Nothing, really. There are a few books I'd like. And, if I don't track one down before 12/25, I'd like the cord to connect my iPod to the stereo in the new-to-me car I just bought. Other than that, I'd like my family to genuinely get along for the whole day. (And maybe a nice donation to a local arts organization.)

Edited by Jenny in Florida

Their lists are relatively long (thank you to the companies who send catalogs to my mailbox).

Here are the highlights:

• ds12 wants a model/rc airplane, nerf dart gun stuff, Legos, and a funnel cake making set
  • dd9 wants clothes, clothes, and more clothes (and socks, slippers, shoes, boots, legwarmers, etc.), 18 inch doll stuff, and bracelet/beading stuff
  • ds5 wants Legos, Legos, and more Legos
  • dd-nearly-2 would LOVE her own little violin or cello. She also LOVES headbands with animal ears on them, socks (she changes her socks many times each day), and shoes (ditto on the changing numerous times a day)

All of my kids are getting new bikes, except the baby.

Ds 17 also wants a new backpack and some Yugioh stuff. Maybe a tv for the study- a big splurge for us, we only have a tv in the living room, and an old tiny, tiny tv in the study for when ds and his friends play video games in there. But I know he would like a bigger tv in there and he doesn't ask for much and is so helpful around here, I feel like he deserves a splurge.

Ds11 is also getting a remote control spider thing (he's really into spiders) and a backpack and Yugioh stuff.

Dd9 is also getting an American Girl dog and a people craft kit she wanted from Lakeshore Learning, some Piggy Paint sets, and some Yugioh stuff.

Ds7 is also getting a remote control car and a Nerf dart thing and something Yugioh.

Yeah, all of my kids are into Yugioh and go to a Yugioh club at the library every week, so they're always wanting to add to their decks. The kids in the club are super nice geeky types and I love that my kids and the club kids have so much fun together.

Baby is getting a climber gym that has a slide, he loves to climb.

ETA: I forgot about books, my kids always get a couple of books each for Christmas and birthdays, along with the other things. They get books as often as possible throughout the year, but I like to include them at Christmas too.

Edited by Annie Laurie

Oh, Halcyon! Have I got the
for you!

My kids used one of these at dh's recent office party. They had SO MUCH fun! But they didn't steer too well and several adults were repeatedly attacked. (I will continue to believe that was a steering problem. :D)

I recently saw the price tag for that thing -- it was like $50!

Eeek!

And I can imagine actually having one in your home all the time would be... umm... annoying. And maybe dangerous?

This is the first year my kids have actually asked for anything specific - well two of them anyway.

DD5 (just discovered what a catalogue is :glare:)

Baby Born doll + every accessory ever made :001_huh:

Sylvanian Family (Calico Critters) everything :lol:

Craft stuff

Play tent

and every other pink,glittery thing she sees at the store :glare:

DS4 - no preference -happy with anything he gets

DS2 - Suprisingly he has a wishlist :lol: Whenever someone asks what he wants for Christmas he yells

Ambulance, firetruck and Fireman Sam :lol:

So that is what he is getting

For me: Don't know -there isn't anything I want - maybe a Kindle but I don't think DH can afford that right now.

DH: No idea -probably some clothes for work which he needs

Oh, Halcyon! Have I got the
for you!
I just showed this to my kids -my DD promptly added it to her wishlist if they have a dolphin one LOL

DH:

sigh. Always the hardest to shop for. No idea. Something small. Hasn't asked for anything except a Hot Pepper Of The Month Club subscription. And no, such a thing does not exist, as far as I can tell....:glare:

There is a hot sauce of the month club. Would that work?

http://m.amazingclubs.com/hotsaucemobile.cfm?__utma=1.272274094.1322199891.1322199891.1322199891.1&__utmb=1.1.10.1322199891&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1322199891.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=hot%20sauce%20monthly&__utmv=-&__utmk=165276735

We are very weird people.

Me:

Socks - wool ski socks. I want and need more, but never buy them for myself and love getting them for gifts - it is a really long tale.

Hubby:

Wants new winter tires for his road bike, but will get them himself because he doesn't want me to pick them out. He's getting cycling socks and a new hat.

Oldest:

Nice coat suitable to wear with a suit - when did he get that old?

Next:

wants a Lathe - yes, a lathe to turn wood.

Last:

ummm.. She has a really long list somewhere. I am pretty sure she wants something pink and fluffy

DD wants:

Hippos

More Hippos :tongue_smilie:

Baby blues comic book

Get well kit with cast and crutches for AG doll (I found a version of this that also includes a wheel chair at Toys r Us online for $5 less than AG website)

A Nintendo ds game or 2 (Littlest pet shop or pet vet types)

Felt and crafty/artsy stuff

DS wants:

Wolves

Cars 2 the movie

Knex

Legos

A nintendo 3ds (this is sooo not happening because he treats his regular ds like trash!) Plus I don't know how great that thing is on the eyes, I saw one and could hardly look at it! Even dd couldn't look at it long.

A sparks scooter

ETA: Based on SpyCar's enthusiasm, I picked up a beyblades playset for ds. I have no idea how well that is going to go over, but it was a good price and worth a try.

Edited by jewellsmommy

He [dh] really wants a recumbent bike, but I haven't found one locally for a price I can figure out how to squeeze unobtrusively out of the budget (as in, he won't notice when that chunk of money leaves the joint account). Plus, I feel very weird about buying something like that for him without giving him a chance to try it out and make sure it's what he wants.

The local bike store rents all their bikes (including their recumbents) by the hour, day, and week. Perhaps you could determine if a store local to you does likewise and obtain a gift certificate or arrange a rental. [My husband loves his recumbent bicycle.]

Regards,

Kareni

Thought it might be fun to see what others are asking for for Christmas. We're having a more minimalist Christmas this year (we've discussed it with the kids) so here's what they asked for:

Older:

some sort of blank journal book that's boyish--any ideas? I am going to look at B&N

-we'll be getting him a bean bag chair

There was a really cool shark model in the skymall magazine I read on the plane Tuesday.

ETA link http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=204093035&c=10320

Edited by acurtis75@yahoo.com

Dd11:

Bible

IPod speakers

Mirror and jewelry

Jammies

Clothes

Fuzzy boots

Project runway kit for designing clothes

Gift card to her fav clothing store

Ds7:

Beyblades

RC helicopter

Nerf guns

Cowboy boots

Jammies

Lego idea book and Lego sets

Bible

My mom is getting them a wii.

Dh:

Book

Shades

Metal detector

Something called iRig that you use to plug your guitar into your iphone to turn it into effects pedals

Maybe some cigars

Me:

Book on learning to crochet

Jewelry

Sweater

Waffle iron

I'd love a gift card to Starbucks

I sent out an e-mail to my older's asking what they wanted. I heard back - SW blu-ray set, a computer chair, various other DVD's (including hamlet) . . a lab coat for messy anatomy class next quarter made me laugh.

I will not buy the john deere battery car 3ds wants . . . . he said he'd ask santa, then he said he'd ask 2dd. (hey, 1dd's the sibling who can afford it . . . .) he wouldn't answer when I asked where he'd drive it . . .

my kids haven't been helpful this year.

I have no idea what my kids want. I narrowed their options when I told them we are not going to buy new technology items this year, unless they want Kindles (not the Fire).

I want high quality dog clippers and a high quality pair of thinning shears. Hopefully, I won't make my dog look like he's going to boot camp. I cannot find a groomer within a 2 hour drive of here who knows how to properly groom a Wheaten Terrier.

DH is easy because he always wants the same things - books, candy, gift card to B & N, gift card to a restaurant.

Older:

-we'll be getting him a bean bag chair too.

Younger:

craft supplies to make puppets and "real" jewelry (not plastic LOL)-I think I will get him a cool container for beads and select a few pieces.

renewal of subscription to Little Passports (from Grandma)

Squinkies set

-we'll be getting him a bean bag chair.

Me

Settlers of Catan

Wouldn't mind a gift certificate to jewelmint.com :)

DH:

Have you seen this shark at Think Geek

DS9

Dunecraft Dome Terrarium The review though stinks and I am susupicious anyway since we got the carnivirous plant one for a bday present and nothing ever grew :glare: I queried him and it turns out the really exciting part is the plant that moves Tickle Me Plant I am thinking I will just order the seeds though so the whole thing might be more of a stocking stuffer :tongue_smilie:

Blinky Bugs

Mechatar battle packs

Ds4

Green Lantern Ship-He thinks he lost his other one but really I thought he was not playing with it and gave it to a thrift store and like a month later he asked for it and apparently has not forgotten it . :blush: I am usually better about those things. Way to go, mom. :glare: :D

Pokemon cards

We do Christmas big usually. So I am not sure if they are trying to tell me something or if they are hanging back and letting me picking stuff out.

DH

Shirts

?

Family

New washer and Dryer

Me

?

Both kids are close in age and want stuff to use with each other. So for both:

Nerf guns

Legos

Scooters

Me: I NEED new pans desperately, so that is what I'm getting (I'm VERY excited :D)

Dh: Impossible to buy for. He is one of those people who goes out and buys something when he needs it, even if Christmas is 2 weeks away and he hasn't given anyone any ideas yet. :glare: But I'm thinking about getting him a new watch...and hopefully he'll give me some other ideas soon.

My kids are older (15, 18, 20, 20) so their lists are much shorter and more costly now :glare:. DD, 15, scored her big gift just hours ago when she conned hubby into taking her and dd, 18, to Target for the midnight opening, She wanted a new cell phone - and the one she desired was $80 off, and not on-line. They got it (she is not allowed to have it until Christmas, though :D )

DD, 18, wants a Nintendo 3DS, whatever that it.

DS, 20 and a college sophomore, wants a sword cane. Yup - a cane with a hidden sword inside. And/or a gas mask. (Should I worry about these carzy college kids nowadays?)

DS, 20 (SillyAutismMan) mostly wants DVDs . I also have found for him a Tintin shirt, bobblehead talking Einstein, and hope to find a few other non-dvd items.

No idea what to get hubby. I want an iPad myself, one with more storage, to give to SAM (and then I'd get his with the least amount of storage.) But I do not think that will happen. Just costs too much, and dd, 15, may need a new computer (hubby has not been able to fix her old one, and she needs it for school.)

I miss buying TOYS!!!! Oh, well, in a few years (I hope) there may be grandkids to spoil!

PS - I missed scoring a Kinect on sale - pooh. We got a used x-box cheap from down the street earlier this year, now need the Kinect, then some games - I think SillyAutismMan might have an easier time with Kinect than he does with our Wii.

Edited by JFSinIL

20 yr old - iPod touch with a iTunes gift card

17 yr old - X Box video games Call of Duty MW3 and Batman Arkam City, mp3 player (any kind...he works out at the gym every other day, so he wants one he can strap onto his clothes or body)

12 yr old - Legos (Star Wars & Alien Conquest) and a 3D Nintendo DS w/ Super Mario Land game

9 yr old - an Art Set (drawing pencils, markers, colored pencils, etc.), Kirby game for her Nintendo, and an Easy Bake Oven

I want an exercise bike. My hubby and son are always at the gym. I can never get motivated to leave the house in the winter when it's cold!

I have no idea what my kids want. I narrowed their options when I told them we are not going to buy new technology items this year, unless they want Kindles (not the Fire).

I want high quality dog clippers and a high quality pair of thinning shears. Hopefully, I won't make my dog look like he's going to boot camp. I cannot find a groomer within a 2 hour drive of here who knows how to properly groom a Wheaten Terrier.

DH is easy because he always wants the same things - books, candy, gift card to B & N, gift card to a restaurant.

I'm laughing because I never thought I'd find another person with these on their list! I got both of these this fall as early Christmas gifts (at least that was the idea). They were a bit pricey. The best place I found to buy the thinning shears was at a dog show. I was told it is best to try them on your hand because the openings and weights are different. I'll admit I was a little skeptical, but I found out it's true. There was a big difference in how various scissors fit my hand. It makes a big difference when you a working on a dog for an hour or so.

Here's 2 links for the cheapest price I could find on clippers in case you haven't looked around yet....

http://www.kingwholesale.com/ - they have free shipping

http://www.petedge.com/ - 5.99 shipping on purchases over $150

If you visit a local dog show you may have a chance to talk to breeders who will be able to tell you groomers in the area. That's how we found ours and she is giving me lessons. It's going to be a long time before i can do what she does!

MissB is too young to dictate a list :) But we know what she wants because she ALWAYS swipes my NintendoDSiXL, so she's getting her own!

Hubby & I got new winter jackets - we both needed them.

We also just took possession of a rather large item that needs a bit of repair (A Chickering Square Grand, over 135yrs old), so that is our wish item (the repairs/tuning).

Otherwise, we've decided the joy of seeing MissB w/ the relatives, laughing, joking, etc., is more than enough as we weren't ever sure we could have a child of our own. The little things (books, chocolate, jammies) are all inexpensive, and traditional for our families.

We all want things we won't be getting!

DD6 wants a scooter.

DD3 has no requests

DD1 wants all day access to nursing

The kids are only getting a couple of books and an outfit for Christmas this year. New toys have been banned as they don't play with them. The scooter is not a practical request given our location.

I want an e-reader or my dining room floor refinished which are equal in cost. Unfortunately the last two months have not been kind financially so dh and I aren't doing gifts for each other this year.

I ordered two books by Jim Weise, Detective Science, and Spy Science. After looking through them yesterday, I'm not too sure if they are what I had in mind. I would like to assemble a kind of detective/spy kit, and I thought these two books would be just the thing as a kind of *spine* to work with, but I'm not bowled over by them.

Any thoughts on books about spies, detective work, etc.? I don't think Amazon takes returns on books, so I guess I'm stuck with these.

DS7 came up with a list of 20 things, so we prioritized his top 12, since the grandparents will each take something:

Remote submarine

Air Hogs Hawk Eye Blue Sky (my sister is getting this one)

Spy Gear (my mom is getting him a few things)

Hexbugs & Hexbugs Hive

LEGOS

Sand, Stone & Clay Sculpting Kit

Nerf Target & more ammo

Science Kits (especially chemistry)

Model Magic Clay

Magic Tricks to add to his magic bag (DH's mom is getting him these)

New Shaun White Snowboarding Wii Game

Aircraft Carrier & planes

The Baby - Between us, the grandparents and my sister, he's getting a good push walker, an activity cube, wooden puzzles, wooden shape sorter block, and a car seat.

For me - I have no clue...I honestly have everything I could need or want, but everyone always wants ideas so I've suggested socks from Vermont Sock Lady, some books, gift certificates to iTunes, the place I get my pedicure done, or Nordstrom for the after Christmas sales, or a night out, sans kids, with DH.

Boys:

Death Star Lego set (they are NOT getting it!)

Air Soft Guns

3DS games (they each will get one)

Lego building books

Hoping DH will build the aforementioned Lego sorting bed.

DH and I already got our gifts so we won't exchange on Christmas morning.

It is going to be a small Christmas in terms of numbers of gifts this year.

We are very weird people.

Next:

wants a Lathe - yes, a lathe to turn wood.

Yes! Love it. You guys aren't weird, we'd probably take everything that was on your lists. :)

DS6 - wants two very specific Lego Creator kits, Mario Kart for Wii, and Thomas trains

DD4 - wants walking Littlest Pet Shops and their treehouse, Pet Shop game for Wii, My Little Ponies, Thomas trains, and Mary Poppins (DVD)

DH - didn't give me any ideas, but I bought him this nifty tool for electronic diagnostics that he mentioned he wanted a few months back. I don't think he would think I was listening to him when he mentioned it, so I think it will be a big surprise. I also got him the Pirates of the Caribbean movie that just came out and the Wii game, as well.

Me? - I really want a Kindle Fire, but we did take advantage of that KitchenAid mixer on CyberMonday, so that may very well be my present. ;)

I ordered two books by Jim Weise, Detective Science, and Spy Science. After looking through them yesterday, I'm not too sure if they are what I had in mind. I would like to assemble a kind of detective/spy kit, and I thought these two books would be just the thing as a kind of *spine* to work with, but I'm not bowled over by them.

Any thoughts on books about spies, detective work, etc.? I don't think Amazon takes returns on books, so I guess I'm stuck with these.

Amazon does take returns on books. You have to pay for shipping, which eats into the amount of your refund, so if the books were inexpensive I often don't bother and just pass them on instead.

How about The Boys' Book of Spycraft? It's inexpensive and looks promising. You can see inside the earlier printing on Amazon UK. It has a section on how to set up headquarters.

What a fun idea! If you don't mind sharing your other thoughts, I think I might steal your idea for DS8's birthday coming up soon. :D

DS 19 The college kid: Says there's nothing he wants. Dh suggested clothes and ds said that would be good but I think only because it'll make it so he has to do laundry even less frequently.:glare:

I suggested a couple of days away with just him, me and dad. He liked that idea but hasn't told me where he wants to go yet.

I'll get him a few gift cards: grocery store and the food places in the village around campus. That way he can use his monthly allowance for fun stuff.;)

DD 15: She wants an iPhone. Her current phone is quite a bit older. If we get her one, she'll have to make up any monthly difference between her current phone and new phone.

She sent me a list of smaller items she'd love to have so I have some stocking ideas. She wants some make up stuff and some jewelry. She doesn't like a lot of stuff, though. She hates clutter just like her mama! :)

Oh, she also asked for a specific title from CS Lewis.

DS 6: Lego City stuff-particularly the airport. So, I got him that. He's been stuck on it for months and months.

I also got him a few DS games (college brother left his DS at home) that were on sale on cyber Monday.

I also got him 3 costumes. He wanted a Captain America costume back in September and I got it for his birthday. He wears it all day around the house so I got him Thor, Batman and Luke Skywalker for some variety.;)

He'll get a few books, too.

Me? I'd love a weekend away with dh! It's been over 2 years since we've done that.

I'd really love a Michael Kors watch but haven't even mentioned that to dh.

I'm sure dh has been listening to everything I've said I might want or like for the past several months and something I forgot about will end up under the tree. He's a good listener.:)

Do you have girls or boys? I had a NAncy Drew code book growing up that taught me all sorts of things about creating/using/cracking secret codes. something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Drew-Sleuth-Book/dp/0448445689

For an older child, my husband and I have really enjoyed _The Codebreakers_ by David Kahn http://www.amazon.com/Codebreakers-Comprehensive-History-Communication-Internet/dp/0684831309/ref=sr_1_25?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322843113&sr=1-25

DS- new harddrive, I think external. That is the only thing he has asked for but he will also get a Teaching Company Tape, some SF books, and probably a gift card to Krogers

DD older- hasn't asked for anything except clothes. She is getting a TV for her dorm room. Also clothes and jewelry,

DD youner who has a Dec. birthday too so I am including both since I haven't decided which she is getting for what- hamsters and cage and supplies, interior shutters for her windows to match the other bedrooms, new computer, new office chair

DH who also has a Dec. birthday so I am including both- jigsaw, sawzall, other accessories to either those tools or other, cds,

Me and my bday is in early Jan so some may be presents for that- gardening books, computer program, lighting system for plants, house plants, shelves to put plants on, headphones, cds, some clothes

DD 6:

*Playmobil

*Wooden Dollhouse accessories

Books to read-*Andrew Lang Fairy Books and Paddington Bear

Bed for AG doll

*Horse for AG Doll (target knock off one)

Schleich Momma Polar Bear

Box of Pink Legos

*Games

*Stuffed Animal Dog

Stuffed Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty Wall Stickers

DS 4:

Zoobs

*Legos

Hexabits

Ratatouille Movie

*Blocks

*Games

DS 2:

Duplos

*Playmobil 123

*Schleich Animals

*Blocks

Zoobs

Trios

*Cars and Trucks

*Games

*Play Food

*Stuff they are getting.

Things they got that were not on the list:

DD:

Perplexus Epic

Oliver and Co DVD

DS4:

Erector Set

Perplexus

Cars

Marble Run

Sword in the Stone DVD

Toy Story Wall Stickers

DS2:

Wooden Parking Garage

Cars Wall Stickers

Lion King DVD

Wooden Block Nativity Set

These are divided between birthday and Christmas as their birthdays are at the same time. We buy it all at once and then divide it up between the two.

Edited by bluemongoose

My dc want a real dog, but they are aware of Santa's policy of getting parental approval. They know it will be denied until we live somewhere with a yard. So they each asked for a stuffed dog, beanie baby size. Ds is getting an easel and dd is getting an Our Generation doll plus the AHG uniform for it.

Dh is getting video games and a nice Bama shirt he has wanted.

I'm getting a new coat. :hurray: I'm thinking about asking for a new crockpot also.

We make extravagant lists--Christmas is a great time to dream!--but we realize we're not going to get all of it! We try to prioritize our lists so that the more realistic things actually have a good chance of happening! :lol:

We won't start shopping until next week when ER is home for the holidays, and right now, our lists are a work in progress. We're still adding items and we haven't prioritized them yet, but here's what our lists look like so far:

ER's list

Kindle Fire

iPad

Inheritance Cycle books

Monopoly Here & Now game

iPod Touch

chess set with glass pieces

EK's list

Kindle Fire

iPod

Courageous DVD

Sleeping Beauty DVD

my list

folding desk

Wii Fit Plus

Cuisinart ICE-30BC ice cream maker

Keurig or Cuisinart single serve brewing system (not sure which one--still researching :))

Harry Potter DVD's

games: Blokus, Kismet, Triology, and Set Cubed

Dh's list

portable battery charger/jump starter

infrared grill

Dh & I also would like to have an HD television for the bedroom, a Blu-ray player, a new double recliner to replace the one that's falling apart, a new sofa, new carpet, and a new roof. :D

Edited by ereks mom