Menu

What is your highest level of education?

What ismyour highest level of education?  

1. 1. What ismyour highest level of education?

• High school
    • Some college
    • Bachelors degree
    • Multiple bachelors degrees
    • Masters degree
    • Multiple masters degrees
    • Doctorate
    • Multiple doctorates
    • Vocational school
    • Other

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I answered, but I'm not worried about my lack of a degree. Lack of formal education has never kept me from getting done whatever needed doing.

:iagree:

I do have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT). Never been employed as a teacher (just a sub).

I voted multiple masters degrees, though that's not exactly right. I have a B.A. in Romance Languages (French and Italian), an American law degree, and a French law degree, as well as a masters in Environmental Sciences and Policy (hence my user name).

I haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up. :tongue_smilie:

So my big question is this: Are those with only high school education less likely to answer a poll like this or are there really that few of us here?

I don't think that is anything to be ashamed about. In retrospect, college was a huge waste of $$$ and I could have been doing better things with my time. Even though I have my MA in teaching, the way my state's cert system works mine has expired and who knows what hoops I'd have to jump through to get it back (can't stay certified if you're not actually teaching in a PS - taking time off to raise kids isn't an option). And my UG is in social history. So, basically I wouldn't be able to get a job doing anything related to my degrees, other than subbing, if I wanted (or had to) work!

I have 2 M.A. degrees...Human Services Counseling & Practical Theology- earned concurrently. I finished my last day of class and gave birth the very next day. Nothing like finishing seminary (mostly men) fully pregnant- LOL

I have a BA in Christian Studies and Spanish and an MA in Christian education with a specialization in social work.

I graduated seminary 9 months pregnant, had dd 2wks post graduation.

I voted "some college" but I do have an AA degree. I transferred to a 4 yr college as an art major but I dropped out after a semester because I couldn't stand it...huge classes where you never saw the professor, TAs teaching the classes, etc. I much preferred the education I got at community college, where the classes were small and the teachers were accessible.

BA, 3 years towards a PhD, JD, and then LLM. 12 years post-secondary education. Loved the flexibility of being a student (plus a good chunk of it was paid for).

Wish my BA was in English (it was political science).

Truly amazed at how many JDs there are. I'm wondering how many of you plan to return to the practice of law. I've been out so long, I can't imagine returning.

Laura

• 3 months later...

I received a BFA in Art 20 years after graduating high school. Five years later, I completed a certificate program in Electronic Publishing. Despite all the naysayers that tried to sway me away from choosing art as a major, I use both degrees every single day. I've worked as a professional graphic designer, but now I'm an art teacher in a school as well as to private students, and I use those graphics skills all the time. I absolutely love my job!

Blessings,

Lucinda

I voted *some college* - but I almost voted *other* instead because I have received a better education, while attempting to educate my children than I did through all my years as an *A* student in the public schools.

I would love to finish my Bachelor's degree, but just cannot find the time, energy, or money to do so right now.

I never know how to answer these polls. I went to a 2 year technical college, and finished my program but it was a 1 year certificate program. So do I vote some college (which I did) which makes it sound like I never finished, or do I vote vocational which to me means something like auto mechanics or HVAC stuff, more like an apprenticeship?

Well, in Quebec we graduate from High School in 11th grade, do 2 years of CEGEP, and then Uni, so I have degrees from CEGEP and a BA in Archaeology. I, on a lark while I was working, went for 2 MAs - one in marketing and one in management just in case I decided not to back to academia. 1 course shy of getting both of those I decided to go back full time to get an MA in Biological Anthropology, which I got and then did my work for a Ph.D. and was writing it up when I ran out of time. I might finish it up when we move to Australia, or I might try to get something else. My Dad calls me a serial academic.

I actually went 3 years. I started as a journalism major then switched to forensic anthropology. Mary Manheim of the FACES lab at LSU was my anthropology professor. I actually wanted to be a coroner. Alas, marriage and pregnancy ended my school career, and, though I have considered a return, I have NO idea if I would still want to be in that field. It interests me for sure, but I think I'm a bit too emotional for it these days.

I have considered a few other things, but honestly, I have no real desire to have a career. At this point, I just want to do the various things I enjoy, and spend time with my kids and grandkids.