Menu

Do you have any tattoos?

Do you have any tattoos?  

1. 1. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes, and I would get it again
    • Yes, and I wouldn't get it again
    • No
    • Other

none here. but i totally LOVE tattoos. not flash tattoos, but beautiful sleeves and real body art. will i ever get one? nah. the only time i've considered it is when i got married 11 years ago. i wanted a wedding band tattoo - but money was too tight then for what i wanted. now im 40 & just kinda over it honestly. but i still love them.:)

I'm married to a tattoo artist. So, er, yeah. :D

:D That's kinda cool!

I don't have any. I admire my sisters' tats. I actually do admire good work. I just grew up with this philosophy that you just don't do that and how bad it would look as I got older...kinda scares me and I'd be afraid someone would mess it up (there's a whole website dedicated to bad tats, I believe).

I voted "other". I have a beautiful, simple, but artistic, cat on my right arm. I love it, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd not get any tattoos. I dislike the prevalence of tattoos in my generation. Though judging from your poll, not among homeschool moms (and dads) :001_smile:.

Thing is, I just couldn't decide on something that I wouldn't grow out of or get tired of after a while.

:iagree: Nothing against them, but I could never pick a design I love enough to keep forever. I do appreciate really nice tattoos on others, but I don't wish to be the canvas.

In the non-traditional (tribal) bellydance circles it's pretty common to see some beautiful ink, but I don't dance that style and they are still frowned upon in traditional bellydance, so that leaves only very tender places to hide one even if I wanted it.

I voted other. I have six, they are pinpoint dots placed for radiation tx. So they are tattoos, but I didn't choose them.

I don't have any others. If dh wasn't so against them I might get one. I saw a nurse with the Chinese symbol for strength on her forearm recently. Since we were in the ER, it seemed a fitting job to be reminded about strength.

I did do a faux tattoo for Halloween last year. I was a Roman demi-god and put the SPQR "logo" on my forearm with an owl. It felt different to walk around with it all day.

If I did get one I'd probably do something like that, very symbolized.

Nope. No philosophical opposition to them whatsoever. Many of my friends have them, and some of them are quite elaborate and beautiful. But for myself, I just haven't come across any picture or words that I've had any compelling conviction that I want THAT right HERE on me forever. If that ever happened, I'd probably get one.

Yes, I have six and I regret them all. I'd like to have them removed, but with all the color, the estimate for removing all of them was $12,000. So, I am stuck with them for now.

May I ask why? I'm just curious because while I've seen people with maybe 1 or 2 who express regret, I've not really met anyone with SIX who would say that… obviously you *did* like them at one point…? I just wonder what changed?

[pure curiosity, nothing strange lol]

May I ask why? I'm just curious because while I've seen people with maybe 1 or 2 who express regret, I've not really met anyone with SIX who would say that… obviously you *did* like them at one point…? I just wonder what changed?

[pure curiosity, nothing strange lol]

I got them all between ages 18-20. I knew everything then:glare: and was certain I would love them forever- and now I am 40 and I don't like looking at them anymore. I'd prefer to be ink free. I live a different lifestyle today than I did from 18-20 and I feel self concsious when they are visible. I feel certain people are judging me and making assumptions about me that are no longer true or were never true.

I am not against tatoos- they just aren't for me anymore.

I got them all between ages 18-20. I knew everything then:glare: and was certain I would love them forever- and now I am 40 and I don't like looking at them anymore. I'd prefer to be ink free. I live a different lifestyle today than I did from 18-20 and I feel self concsious when they are visible. I feel certain people are judging me and making assumptions about me that are no longer true or were never true.

I am not against tatoos- they just aren't for me anymore.

Ahhh. That makes sense - thanks for explaining. I'm sorry that people are being all dumb with their wrong ideas about you though…that sucks.

I have never seen a tattoo that I would want to keep forever. I don't mind other people getting them. It has become so common for people my age (34) and under to have them that I don't think twice about it. The only issue I have with tattoos is with my mother. She got about 8 of them a couple of years ago in a span of about a year. Out of the 8, I only like 2 of them. One day, she is going to regret the big skull that drips blood coming out of her thigh. It is pretty graphic looking and is a pretty cool tattoo but not cool looking on a late 50's woman.

Yes I do. But my personal belief is that it should have some significant meaning before I'll put it on my body. Therefore, I only have one and I've had it for 16 years and it's still fabulous. I've been thinking of a 2nd one but the design is not finalized in my head so it's not yet time to pursue it.

I was 27 when I got mine. It's a curly que the size of a quarter in a rusty red color (close to the color of a henna stain) on my hip. It's only visible in swimwear and lingerie. I only decided to do it after I had researched what it would take to get it off if I didn't like it. I have the ideal skin type (incredibly light skin) and it wouldn't be very expensive because it's so small and there are no dark colors in it.

I don't think parents should allow their minors to get tatoos. I think it's one of those things that an adult should decide and do for themselves-if you need Mommy's signature to get it done, you're still to young to do it.

I voted other. I'm planning to get my first one later this month.

It's a design that I drew myself and had the artist "clean up" for me. The design has meaning for me and will be in a place that is not visible when I'm wearing normal clothes. I've been thinking about this for a couple of years and still want to go ahead and do it. So, I'm going for it.

No tats here on me or dh. I have seen some nice designs and some are truly beautiful art, but I think most are dated, cheesy and I think the wearer will regret it (most of my friends who have them, wish they didn't). I have never seen one that I thought "wow, I want that image inked onto my body for the rest of my life!".

I was 27 when I got mine. It's a curly que the size of a quarter in a rusty red color (close to the color of a henna stain) on my hip. It's only visible in swimwear and lingerie. I only decided to do it after I had researched what it would take to get it off if I didn't like it. I have the ideal skin type (incredibly light skin) and it wouldn't be very expensive because it's so small and there are no dark colors in it.

I don't think parents should allow their minors to get tatoos. I think it's one of those things that an adult should decide and do for themselves-if you need Mommy's signature to get it done, you're still to young to do it.

If we want to talk about actual henna, I'm all in :-). That's right, I'm up for the 2 week commitment :D

I don't think there are any tattoo shops* that will work on people under 16/18 years old. Maybe an artist who works privately might, for his/her own child or something…but I don't know if that would even be 'legal'.

* i should prolly add something like "in our north american society" or whatever...

I have never seen a tattoo that I would want to keep forever. I don't mind other people getting them. It has become so common for people my age (34) and under to have them that I don't think twice about it. The only issue I have with tattoos is with my mother. She got about 8 of them a couple of years ago in a span of about a year. Out of the 8, I only like 2 of them. One day, she is going to regret the big skull that drips blood coming out of her thigh. It is pretty graphic looking and is a pretty cool tattoo but not cool looking on a late 50's woman.

Wow! That was quite the mid-life crisis!!

None on me or dh. Sometimes I see a beautiful woman in a gorgeous dress and then I see a large tattoo that detracts from the look. For the most part I think if you have a tattoo it should be in a spot that isn't seen so it doesn't clash with what you're wearing. But then, I guess everyone has a different reason for the tattoo . . . some to show it off . . . and some for private reasons.

None on me or dh. Sometimes I see a beautiful woman in a gorgeous dress and then I see a large tattoo that detracts from the look. For the most part I think if you have a tattoo it should be in a spot that isn't seen so it doesn't clash with what you're wearing. But then, I guess everyone has a different reason for the tattoo . . . some to show it off . . . and some for private reasons.

:iagree:

Mine will be somewhere that I can easily cover unless I want it to show.