Do you play a musical instrument?  

1. 1. Do you play a musical instrument?

• A string instrument
    • A wood instrument
    • A percussion instrument
    • more than one
    • none
    • other

Piano - virtuoso level - :D instrument of choice.

Pipe Organ - at one time I was a respectable, just barely respectable player. Since I do not own one and our current church does not have one, I would say that my skills are probably beyond rusty and I would be making a joyful noise!

Flute & Piccolo - Advanced

Oboe and Clarinet - intermediate

Brass - just competent enough on the basics to have an instrumental music ed degree

Brass handbells - very advanced - have directed handbell choirs in the past

Celtic Harp - gave it a whirl, never really got anywhere with it. Not enough time to practice but I do remember the basics just a little.

Various recorders - C, G, bass, tenor, alto, and soprano

Xylophone - used to be pretty good. Not any longer.

Faith

I play the violin, tho my dd now plays better than I ever did.

I tried to learn the guitar but gave up, do to anemia brain. I'm going to try again.

rule in our house everyone has to learn an instrument. oldest dd plays violin & taught herself a bit on the penny whistle. the other kids and dh play piano.

Sadly I've never learned to play an instrument.

Same here.

And, I really, really regret it. Weirdly enough, my siblings all had the chance to take music lessons.

It was very important to me that my children did not miss this opportunity. I made it a priority for them. Between the 3 of them, they play piano, acoustic and electric guitar, electric bass guitar, and drums.

Music is a big part of their lives.

And, since it's never too late ;), I have started to teach myself piano using my 7 yo's books.

Flute - not a piece written that I can not play

Piano - not quite as advanced as the flute

Keys - not to be confused the piano because I don't actually play from notes

Clarinet, Oboe & Saxophone - intermediate level

all other instruments - well, my degree is in conducting so I had to pass playing tests on everything. I'm pretty sure you don't want to listen to me play those ones though.

None, but I sing. I used to regret not learning piano, until my sister, who is a music teacher, pointed out that she had several arguments with her college piano teacher about the fact that it was physically impossible for her fingers to reach as far as some of her assigned pieces required. My hands are even smaller than hers.

Vocalist:001_smile:

I play enough piano to pass the proficiency examination to graduate with my vocal music ed degree.

I play sax...I'm rusty...

I can play a decent tune on a recorder.

I remember a few fingerings on the violin. "Go tell Aunt Rhody 1 open 1 2 A"...I don't think this one counts.:lol:

I play guitar and mandolin "by ear", and am learning piano. I've also dabbled with banjo and "fiddle".

I would LOVE to really be able to play piano and violin.:thumbup:

Very Cool!!

I play some guitar...enough to keep up with the rest of the family when we're pickin' (iow...enough chords to strum along!)

Oldest ds plays guitar

Oldest dd plays fiddle

DD#2 plays banjo and guitar and fiddle (and sings!)

DD#3 plays the stand up bass

DD#4 is another fiddle player

Youngest ds plays beginner mandolin and guitar

Dh plays mostly mandolin, but he can play any of the other instruments mentioned above. He is also a part time luthier and built all of our instruments (except for the baby Taylor guitar that youngest ds plays and my guitar) He mostly likes to build mandolins and has sold about 25 in the last 6 years that he has been doing it!

I sing alto - took lessons in college and sang in college then church choirs until a few years ago. Hope for another chance someday!

I am decent on the recorder. I can play the Star Wars theme with my ds on glockenspiel.

I self-taught piano when I was in middle school until I reached as far as I could get on my own. I thought I would be able to teach at least a little piano to ds to gauge interest. Epic fail.

I chose "other". I can play piano by ear better than I can read notes, but I'm working on it :001_smile:

I also sing. I've sung at a few public functions in the past, but haven't sung in public for awhile. I've actually been thinking about trying out for X Factor next year, but it's just a dream atm and I'll probably chicken out :tongue_smilie:

Very Cool!!

I play some guitar...enough to keep up with the rest of the family when we're pickin' (iow...enough chords to strum along!)

Oldest ds plays guitar

Oldest dd plays fiddle

DD#2 plays banjo and guitar and fiddle (and sings!)

DD#3 plays the stand up bass

DD#4 is another fiddle player

Youngest ds plays beginner mandolin and guitar

Dh plays mostly mandolin, but he can play any of the other instruments mentioned above. He is also a part time luthier and built all of our instruments (except for the baby Taylor guitar that youngest ds plays and my guitar) He mostly likes to build mandolins and has sold about 25 in the last 6 years that he has been doing it!

OK, ya'll are coming to our house for a music party. :party: And bring a few mandolins for us to try out.