Menu

I believe we need a WTM badge program, like girl scouts and boy scouts. We could have golden sashes to wear at get togethers.

Here are a few badges I believe would be important. *items could be duplicated, earning extra stingers with each repeat:

I've said "No" to the meat truck

I've been banned*

I've had a thread locked*

I've had a thread deleted*

I've read WTM cover-to-cover at least once

I understand booKs and teA don't always mean books and tea

I've maxed out the number of characters allowed in a signature

I own and use my crock pot

I grow my own food

I didn't threaten my children with public school this month*

I logged out of WTM forums on purpose for more than twenty-four hours (obviously you have to come back to claim this badge)

We've done a chicken mummy

I survived lapbooking

I can multi-quote

I was a member of the old board

I've met Susan Wise Bauer (a most coveted badge)

I have purchased from Peace Hill Press

I once came to WTM to research one item and left after doing just that

What other badges do we need? :bigear:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream-Posting = Posting on the WTM boards While Asleep and Dreaming

(I did this! I dreamed I discovered a revolutionary new way to wash dishes and posted it here. I was really happy when I saw there were 20 replies, other moms saying how much they liked my idea and that they were going to institute the same in their own homes. Then there was a poster who hated my idea. She said it was cr*p and that there was enough cr*p on the boards without me adding any more. Also she said I spelled the word "elementary" wrong. I couldn't remember where I had used that word in my original post and my sleeping brain went back and forth "elementAry? elementEry? elementAry? elementEry?" til I woke up.) :001_smile:

(I did this! I dreamed I discovered a revolutionary new way to wash dishes and posted it here. I was really happy when I saw there were 20 replies, other moms saying how much they liked my idea and that they were going to institute the same in their own homes. Then there was a poster who hated my idea. She said it was cr*p and that there was enough cr*p on the boards without me adding any more. Also she said I spelled the word "elementary" wrong. I couldn't remember where I had used that word in my original post and my sleeping brain went back and forth "elementAry? elementEry? elementAry? elementEry?" til I woke up.) :001_smile:

:lol: I have dream-posted before but don't remember the dreams as clearly as you. I just remember waking up and wanting to add to the amazing thread I had going only to find it didn't exist. The first time I was soo Peeved thinking it had been deleted. So messed up and a sure sign of being here too much.

I didn't threaten my children with public school this month*

I will try to earn that one in the month of October! I have failed this month so far.

The "I killed a kitten badge"

I discovered that I have earned this badge....:blush:, I am not proud of my actions....

I sleep post...I post from my phone a lot. I look in the mornings when I wake up. I made to HORRIBLE posts this morning before I was fully awake. When I got to my computer later, I found the offending posts and quickly edited them. They were awful!

I can recognize and refer over a dozen curriculums by their initials only.

I have debated the value of Gone With the Wind, Swiss Family Robinson, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and Grapes of Wrath.

I have patiently answered the same question at least a dozen times. i.e. "What do you recommend for microscopes?"

I believe Ken Ham is a doodie head.

My Amazon wishlist is a mile long and made up of books I learned about at the WTM forums.

My family knows the hive and asks for their opinions.

I had an illness diagnosed by the hive when a doctor had no clue.

I planned a trip with the hive as my travel agents.

I was named customer of the year by any of the following: USPS, UPS or FedEx.

The Bean Dip Badge

The Unsocialized Kids Badge (whose kids are in umpteen outside activities)

The Rainbow Resource Center Badge

Level 1: The "I Attended a Homeschooling Convention" Badge

Level 2: The "I Spoke at a Homeschooling Convention" Badge

Level 3: The "I Attended the Homeschooling Convention, and I Stayed in Budget" Badge

Level 1: All the Librarians Know My Name Badge

Level 2: The Library Books I Badge for having more than 50 items checked out of the library at once.

Level 3: The Library Books II Badge (aka The "Fines" badge) for getting all 50 items back to the library without incurring fines.

How about the:

"I've referred to my husband as dh in an IRL conversation" badge :001_huh:

Special merit pin goes to the wearer of this badge who said it to a complete stranger who then thought you were cuckoo.gif

Love this one!

I can't remember, do we have either an "I love crock pots." or "Crock pots will kill you!" badge?

Definitely need a Green Smoothie Master badge, too!

:lol: :smilielol5:

The I've typed out a response to a thread and then thought better of sending it badge.

This is a hard one for some of us to earn. Some of us (like me) have had to learn the hard way that not everyone wants to hear every thought that comes into my head.

Edited by woolybear

:lol::lol: This definitely earns a special badge. :lol::lol:

The I've typed out a response to a thread and then thought better of sending it badge.

This is a hard one for some of us to earn. Some of us (like me) have had to learn the hard way that not everyone wants to hear every thought that comes into my head.

What?! :tongue_smilie: I didn't get that memo. People "don't" want to hear every thought in my head? :lol:

This is why I cannot mention my idea for a new badge. I've thought better of it.

The Bean Dip Badge

The Unsocialized Kids Badge (whose kids are in umpteen outside activities)

The Rainbow Resource Center Badge

Level 1: The "I Attended a Homeschooling Convention" Badge

Level 2: The "I Spoke at a Homeschooling Convention" Badge

Level 3: The "I Attended the Homeschooling Convention, and I Stayed in Budget" Badge

Level 1: All the Librarians Know My Name Badge

Level 2: The Library Books I Badge for having more than 50 items checked out of the library at once.

Level 3: The Library Books II Badge (aka The "Fines" badge) for getting all 50 items back to the library without incurring fines.

These are all funny, but alas, I shall never earn that last one.... :D

And one more:

The "I dumped google for the Hive" badge.

This is why I cannot mention my idea for a new badge. I've thought better of it.

Then you could earn the "I'm PM'd another poster because I didn't want to comment publicly" badge. ;)

Oh yeah, one more:

The "I can match up all the old posters with their latest board name" badge.

:lol::lol: That is a feat!

The very first badge should be The Newbie Badge! You earn it after your, "I just wanted to introduce myself" post.:lol:

you earn it after you've been flamed for asking about:

returning shopping carts to the correct areas

crockpots

removing shoes before entering a house, or asking guests to

bikinis

there are several others. The badge only goes to those asking in the most innocent of ways.;)

How about -

I'm a WTM lurker badge

Hive MD - If you or a family member has had a medical condition diagnosed by the hive.

I've had something cool in my shopping cart and I didn't buy it (I'm working on this one)

I own more than 4 math programs (and I'm only homeschooling 1 child)

Margie :001_smile: