Menu

Baby Girl name question?

I think the name is feminine and pretty, but I don't like the nicknames George or Georgie.

Of course, since I live in Georgia, using the name for a person is strange to me. :D

I don't like the nicknames much either. My other hesitation was the fact that it was a state name, not that we live in Georgia or anywhere near.

But it sounds so pretty to me and girly and not totally common.

DH likes it but he loves the name Emma, and while I like it, it seems sort of overdone lately.

Picking names is so hard for us.

Picking names is so hard for us.

The understatement of the year for us. :glare: Sigh. (We expect the baby around the 20th.... Of THIS month. No name yet.)

Georgia sounds nice. We have a little girl with the middle name Faith - Abigail Faith. :)

Oh, gosh ladies, reading all the replies makes me wish she were here already so we could name her Georgia Faith:001_wub:.

We're not telling any people IRL what our final decision is, and while I will name her what we want, it's still nice to know others like the name.

Thanks everyone for responding, can't wait till DH gets home so I can tell him about the positive responses:)

I'm hesitating when I reply to your question as I remember someone not liking a name I was considering, but since you asked . . .

My brother's name is George so I never thought that Georgia was very feminine sounding. When he was little, we used to call him Georgie. My vote would be Emma Faith.

That being said, enjoy your little girl and call her whatever name makes you smile. :001_smile:

I think Georgia Faith is a very pretty name! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. When we told my FIL our first dd's name, the first words out of his mouth were, "I don't like it". All these years later, I still love her name!

What do you think of the name Georgia? We are considering it for DD due in Sept. but we are both hesitating a little. The one friend I asked said it was the name of her grumpy GMIL, great:glare:

Possible middle name Faith.

Love it. We know another Georgia who is 9. Great name. Could be Chief Justice Georgia _____ or Doctor Georgia _______. Cute for a little girl, but good for an adult too. Great pick!

The understatement of the year for us. :glare: Sigh. (We expect the baby around the 20th.... Of THIS month. No name yet.)

Yes you do! It's in your signature! Call her Baby Girl. That's what my dad always called me. :D

Seriously, I hope that when you see her for the first time, some beautiful name will pop into your head that will be just perfect. One can hope! I hope you have a wonderful delivery!

I'm always so jealous of you ladies having babies. Babies rock!!

Could be Chief Justice Georgia _____ or Doctor Georgia _______. Cute for a little girl, but good for an adult too. Great pick!

I LOVE that this poster considered the child's name for when she grows up. I always tried to test the names I thought of for whether it would work for dc if they became POTUS or some sort of leader. I mean "Hi my name is President Bubbles Jones" would be SO hard to say without laughing!

On another note, there is a lady in our church (80 yr old) named Georgia Belle and I just love it, though it drips with southern charm! What can I say, I named my kid Ella Rose....:tongue_smilie:

I'm hesitating when I reply to your question as I remember someone not liking a name I was considering, but since you asked . . .

My brother's name is George so I never thought that Georgia was very feminine sounding. When he was little, we used to call him Georgie. My vote would be Emma Faith.

That being said, enjoy your little girl and call her whatever name makes you smile. :001_smile:

I understand this, however the funny part is I don't like the name George (for a boy) at all, I don't know why I think differently about Georgia.

Love it. We know another Georgia who is 9. Great name. Could be Chief Justice Georgia _____ or Doctor Georgia _______. Cute for a little girl, but good for an adult too. Great pick!

I think ahead too. Lately so many friends have used names that sound cute on a kid but they aren't names that grow up well.

My Nan was Georgette, called Georgie.

She was...difficult.

so, b/c of personal associations, its not a name I like.

I also completely understand names being ruined by association, which is where my friend is coming from.

I hoping that if we keep our final choice a secret and spring it on everyone once they see the adorable little baby, everyone will like it.

I think it is a lovely name. I worked with a Georgia once, and she was a sweet and fun person, so maybe that is influencing me. I also don't care for George for a boy. It's funny how Georgia sounds so different!

I'm partial to Emma as well, since that is my dd9's name :D. It is, however, very popular. My daughter was born one month before the baby on Friends was named Emma, and apparently that made the name more popular than ever. That might be something to share with your dh. It seems that dads are not as likely to know or think about those factors.

I agree on not sharing the name until she is here. I think people say that they don't like a name thinking that they might influence your decision. Once she is named they are more likely to keep it to themselves!

I LOVE it! I wanted to name one of our dds Georgia but got vetoed by dh.

I will say though when I told people that was one of the names we were considering it didn't often get a great response.

I say go for it. Georgia is beautiful.

The gal who cuts my hair is named Georgia. In emails, she always abbreviates her own name like the state abbreviation, lol. (Just something to consider that your dd's name will probably often be abbreviated like that in written communications...???)

I also had a great aunt named Georgia. She always went by the nickname Joy, though.

In school, I was in class w/ a Georgeanne. (Another nice version of the name George.)

I love the name George & all it's variations. :001_smile:

I like it. For some reason, Georgia Rain keeps popping into my head. I think that sounds pretty together. But, then again....you didn't ask for advice on a middle name. :001_smile: I don't care for Georgie for a nickname, I really like Gigi (because there are 2 g's in Georgia).