Menu

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny that many shots of the Queen during the ceremony had those two right behind her in the same shot!!!!

I bet when Grandma sees the footage later, she will not be "amused".

The Queen will look like she has antlers if you find the right angle. :confused:

While the hats (and maybe the makeup) were a bit wacky and perhaps a bit unusual for a royal wedding, I think it's reading too much into their choice of attire to say they are acting out or have an ulterior motive.

And, speaking of hats, my teen (who collects and wears vintage hats) and I had so much fun looking at all the gorgeous (and even those that were not, in our opinion ;)) hats this morning.

I say hats off to milliners! :001_smile:

I'm wondering if millinery will be making more of a comeback after this?

:iagree: LOVED seeing all the hats (and outfits), even if Beatrice's & Eugenie's hat choices weren't my personal favorites.

I liked Victoria's outfit - I did not like her facial expression. Does she always have to look so severe?

The two princessess are young girls finding their style. Guaranteed in a few years they will look back at themselves and think -"What were we thinking" Just like most of us looking back at our young selves :D

I thought they were kind of fun. I went to a Bible college (years ago) and the men *had* to wear ties or bow ties. So most of the smart alecks went to the Salvation Army and bought the most hideous and outrageous 70's bow ties they could find. I guess I kind of see the princesses as doing much the same thing--thumbing their noses at the rules a little bit by being outrageous and a little rebellious, while still managing to obey the rules. Just my opinion.

(ducking now)

I just had to find a picture of those young ladies which showed them at their best. This one is quite nice: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381772/Princesses-Beatrice-Eugenie-Royal-Wedding-spirit-Queens-gala-dinner.html

They can look nice :)

They do look quite nice.

But the proofreading nazi in me just arrived: look at the title on the article! "Spirt". :lol:

*sigh* What a strange life to be royalty!

Here's an article that helps explain the whole British hat thing:

http://www.cleveland.com/style/index.ssf/2011/04/hats_off_britains_royal_weddin.html

It includes a picture of the best hat ever - the donut hat!

Don't Americans wear hats to races (horse). Here in Australia everyone wears hats to horse races etc. It is all part of getting dressed up.

My fave was one of the pics of the girls standing behind their father. He had a rather odd look on his face as if he was just deciding that it would be worse to bring them with no hat than their stupid ones.

It must be hard for those girls to be royals without the benefits of being raised and educated as royals. Everyone needs a bit of on the job training...

Rosie

Oh my gosh those hats were atrocious. What the sam hill were they thinking and why did their mother let them out of the house with them?

I mean they were just sitting on the front of their heads.:001_huh:

OMG and those shoes? While pregnant??? *faint*

Oh my gosh those hats were atrocious. What the sam hill were they thinking and why did their mother let them out of the house with them?

I mean they were just sitting on the front of their heads.:001_huh:

OMG and those shoes? While pregnant??? *faint*

Okay, wait...what am I missing? Whose pregnant?????

Faith

Did you see that they were seated behind the Queen, so most pictures of the Queen during the wedding has those hats in the picture.

So their mom Fergie wasn't invited to the wedding. Hmm. Maybe she told them to wear the hats.

And one of their skirts/hem was weird. It was like it was hemmed up wrong and caught on something.

Wow. Why on earth do we spend a fortune on a royal wedding only to have the women looking ridiculous with huge monstrosities on their heads, worn sideways and/or blocking everyone's view with various appendages?