Menu

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I think it takes a very confident person to wear a hat like that. Gotta admire that, even if I would never wear a hat like that.

And who am I kidding, where would I wear a hat like that to? :tongue_smilie: The fanciest place I've been in years is a Melting Pot restaurant. :lol:

This thread has gotten me laughing so hard. :lol:

Boy, the past few days have been a riot. :smilielol5:

The Donald Trump thread, the anti-monarchy one, and now this ... :lol: These are the types of threads that keep me laughing and chuckling throughout the day. :smilielol5:

victoria-beckham-290.jpg

I was so upset when I saw some young ladies looking like they just woke up and popped on the hat under ratty hair like Chelsy Davy. One gal had a lovely hat but wore a cheap looking plastic hair grip to hold up her bun... aiiiyyyeee. I was like aghast. Didn't these ladies at least tried to brush their hair?

Finally I saw David Beckham in the crowd. Wow. I waited to see Posh and she did not disappoint!! Gorgeous. Polished. Her hat was stylish and her hair was sleek. YES!!! Fashionista Posh saved the day!!! I loved how she used the purse to hide the "bump". :D

Finally I saw David Beckham in the crowd. Wow. I waited to see Posh and she did not disappoint!! Gorgeous. Polished. Her hat was stylish and her hair was sleek. YES!!! Fashionista Posh saved the day!!! I loved how she used the purse to hide the "bump". :D

It would help, however, if she would just smile at times. She never, ever smiles. She always looks as if she hates the entire world ... :lol:

It would help, however, if she would just smile at times. She never, ever smiles. She always looks as if she hates the entire world ... :lol:

Ah, but that is her signature "pose" to the papparrazzi!

She once told a reporter that her image is her brand. So she takes it very seriously with the fashionista outfits. I understand when she was younger -- as Posh Spice -- she was hounded by the papparrazzi in Britain. It sounded like she felt self conscious about her smile in photos. :confused:

Maybe they were acting out because their mother was famously snubbed by not being invited to the wedding?

I don't know-can't figure out why they would wear those things! :confused:

I didn't think their hats were that bad. British hats are pretty crazy in general. And they seemed to act respectful, despite their mother being snubbed, so what's the big deal?

I agree with a previous poster that Victoria Beckham looked worse, though her hubby looked quite dashing IMO!

I don't get why people are saying the Duchess of York was snubbed. She's no longer part of the Royal Family.

Besides, I know I wouldn't have invite my uncle's ex-wife to my wedding.

I am with Oak Knoll Mom! Was Princess Anne's first husband invited? Most likely not. So was he snubbed? Did their children dress strangely?

It wasn't a "snub." Sarah Ferguson had no reason for being invited, so she wasn't.

Don't Americans wear hats to races (horse). Here in Australia everyone wears hats to horse races etc. It is all part of getting dressed up.

Yes. The Kentucky Derby is known for hat fashion, along with horse racing. :001_smile:

Wendi

Don't Americans wear hats to races (horse). Here in Australia everyone wears hats to horse races etc. It is all part of getting dressed up.

I thought Gilly's outfit looked more Melbourne Cup than Royal Wedding.

But whaddaya expect from a Republican, I guess :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

I didn't think their hats were that bad. British hats are pretty crazy in general.

I don't get the fashion of wearing the hat right on your forehead. It looks clumsy. :glare:

I must admit that I cannot comprehend this new generation of British hats. Do they look as weird to Brits as they do to Americans?

Since every last detail of the wedding was planned out, I do wonder why there was not a "hat check" of guests sitting directly behind the Queen....

It must be hard for those girls to be royals without the benefits of being raised and educated as royals. Everyone needs a bit of on the job training... Rosie

Completely agree. But it is still scary to think that they are 5th & 6th in the line of succession.

(I admit, though, that every time I see a picture of Eugenie, the mom in me has to fight the urge to say, "Stand up straight already!")

From wiki:

"In October 2002, Eugenie, then aged twelve, underwent back surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in London, to correct scoliosis. She still has the two titanium rods in her back that were put in place in 2002."

Please, please, please share that link with me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone else linked it in another Royal Wedding or hat thread... I can't figure out the link anymore because my Firefox is being buggy and doesn't automatically display the link of an tab/link when I click on it. :glare:

Someone else linked it in another Royal Wedding or hat thread... I can't figure out the link anymore because my Firefox is being buggy and doesn't automatically display the link of an tab/link when I click on it. :glare:

Is this the link? Fan photos from Princess Beatrice's ridiculous Royal Wedding hat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=899547936614&set=o.203705509669392&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=899547936614&set=o.203705509669392&type=1&theater&pid=44146065&id=5300248

Yep, that's it! I'm not even on Facebook, so I'm glad it let me view it without having an account or something...