Menu

Would you let your dh give you a make over?

I would absolutely trust my dh to give me a makeover. I know what he would pick too - a dress and heels. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I only wear them to church. I cannot fathom wearing a dress and/or heels everyday. :tongue_smilie:

I felt sorry for the last lady in that story - the dress her husband picked out is pretty atrocious!

I would absolutely trust my dh to give me a makeover. I know what he would pick too - a dress and heels. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I only wear them to church. I cannot fathom wearing a dress and/or heels everyday. :tongue_smilie:

I felt sorry for the last lady in that story - the dress her husband picked out is pretty atrocious!

yes...this...

No, dh's taste in clothing tends to run toward the frumpy.

Those ladies each look so much better in the after pix - especially number 2's hair. And, while that last lady in the story ended up in a dress that is a bit loud, it is a far sight better than what she was wearing.

Edited by Parrothead

No way!

My dh would make me look like a hooker.

Some of the guys did a really great job.

Well, I may have to rephrase my original answer. ...

If dh knew it was a makeover for just him, yeah, I'd end up looking like a hooker! :lol: But if it was implied as a makeover for normal everyday clothes, then he would pick out something flattering and appropriate.

Dh dresses worse than I do, although we are both pretty sloppy dressers who don't care a bit about fashion. His boss actually called him the worst-dressed lawyer in town. I did make him buy some new clothes this year, since I held up a pair of his pants to the light and I could see right through them, they were worn so thin! So, no, I would never let dh give me a makeover. He would undoubtedly make me look worse.

I think the husbands in the story did a great job, and even if the last one wasn't happy with her outfit, and it is a bit too trashy and flashy, she still looks a far sight better than in that weird get-up she was originally wearing.

NEVER!!! He is SO conservative!!!! I dress modestly but I *LOVE* color! I organized my closet yesterday and dd11 said, "Your clothes are all so bright! I love your colors!"

On the other hand, I gave dh a make-over. When we've shopped together and he's shown me some things he likes, I tell him to please not wear it when he's out with me. ;) Thankfully he always puts them back.

I don't care if anyone is offended by this. His taste is AWFUL. He looks good because he likes and wears what I buy him. I don't usually buy him things that I would like to see him in but may be a little much for him, but I do buy him tasteful-yet-conservative clothing that he looks good in.

I can spend an hour in a store looking for some clothes to buy. Dh will walk around for 5 minutes and pick out some bottoms and tops, hand them to me and I end up loving them. They are usually comfortable and different than the jeans/ tshirt that I usually wear.

If money was no object, he would do a good job picking out my clothes. I am usually stuck on sales and clearance racks, while he doesn't care.

Well, I may have to rephrase my original answer. ...

If dh knew it was a makeover for just him, yeah, I'd end up looking like a hooker! :lol: But if it was implied as a makeover for normal everyday clothes, then he would pick out something flattering and appropriate.

My dh would still make me look like a hooker. :lol:

NEVER!!! He is SO conservative!!!! I dress modestly but I *LOVE* color! I organized my closet yesterday and dd11 said, "Your clothes are all so bright! I love your colors!"

I don't care if anyone is offended by this. His taste is AWFUL. He looks good because he likes and wears what I buy him. I don't usually buy him things that I would like to see him in but may be a little much for him, but I do buy him tasteful-yet-conservative clothing that he looks good in.

This is mostly the case for me; dh is conservative and I love colour. I do normally wear jeans, but so does he and he's very practical so that doesn't bother him. Dh won't let me dress him even though I am good at finding things he likes to wear, and while he does better than my dad would if left to his own devices, he isn't always great at matching when he leaves jeans.

Nope…I wouldn't let ANYONE give me a makeover. I'm very picky about my clothes - not in the "fashionable" sense, but in the "I have to be comfortable" sense. The only outfit in that article, including befores and afters, that looks like it might even be remotely comfortable is Kiaran's before shot. Even then, the sneakers would be off my feet the very second they could be.

Have you ever seen that "What Not To Wear" show? They'd HATE me. ;)

My dh has mediocre taste in clothes for himself. I know the type of clothes he would pick for me, and they're nicer and better than what I'd pick for myself. I would let him pick my clothing all of the time if I were a smaller size. He doesn't understand the complication of how difficult it is to find dresses that are modest, but not frumpy, in a 2x. :sad:

ETA: He seems to think my size is just fine, and doesn't understand how it can be possible that I could walk into a normal store and not find even *one item of clothing in my size*. :o

Ever since we had some bumps on our marriage, I have really enjoyed getting my dh input on what I wear. I have gone out of my comfort zone a bit ( don't worry no hooker clothes LOL!!) and I feel good and I like knowing it makes him happy! I get a say in his wardrobe too. We figure impressing each other will keep the sparks flying.;)

After seeing the article, I'm going to have my dh try. He's up to the task and I know he'll be tasteful, but I sense my comfort zone may be pushed a bit :001_smile:. Heck, I'm sick of seeing me in jeans and tees.

I'll let you know how it goes...

My dh has mediocre taste in clothes for himself. I know the type of clothes he would pick for me, and they're nicer and better than what I'd pick for myself. I would let him pick my clothing all of the time if I were a smaller size. He doesn't understand the complication of how difficult it is to find dresses that are modest, but not frumpy, in a 2x. :sad:

ETA: He seems to think my size is just fine, and doesn't understand how it can be possible that I could walk into a normal store and not find even *one item of clothing in my size*. :o

This sounds like my DH to a tee.

Yes. No. Yes. I mean maybe. No. Hmm.

Actually, my husband picked my current hair color.

He likes my hairstyle. He had input on it. He loves my long hair but would also like to see my try something short. That's just not happening.

Most of the time, I do not like the clothes my husband picks for me. He does however like the clothes I pick to wear out of the house.

Absolutely, although I don't know if I would come out looking much different than I did when we met. That would mean actual clothes, not pjs and an actual hair style but I think that would be about the only differences. Now, if he was dressing me for his own private viewing, who knows? I'll have to ask.

ETA: This is what my hubby picked: http://inspiredbykelly.blogspot.com/2010/12/style-insiration-audrey-hepburn_19.html .

Edited by KidsHappen

I think my dh would probably do a good job, as those men in the article did. But he also likes my dress style as it is- he sometimes comments how much he likes the way I dress- so it's not really an issue.

Lol, to all of you who say their dh's would dress them like hookers. I guess my dh likes the black leather look a lot more than me, but that's about it.

Whats interesting though is how self critical we women can be about our weight and figure- and then how we dress to kind of say "I don't care anyway" and cover ourselves up with loose clothes- wheras our men frequently love and admire our figure as it is and would like us to show it off more. I went through a change in that this last year and am wearing more fitted clothes rather than loose, baggy ones. Because I realised I *did* care and covering myself up wasn't helping.

NO!!! Did you hear me NO!! In 18 1/2 years of marriage he has never bought me clothes. I did recently discuss hair color with dh. I've opted to quit covering the grey, he loves the more natural look. I'm still not sure.

Did anyone else look at the first two and think they do not look old enough to be 64 and 45?

Ever since we had some bumps on our marriage, I have really enjoyed getting my dh input on what I wear. I have gone out of my comfort zone a bit ( don't worry no hooker clothes LOL!!) and I feel good and I like knowing it makes him happy! I get a say in his wardrobe too. We figure impressing each other will keep the sparks flying.;)

Same here. I googled some pictures of Daniel Craig, some men's fashion sites and found a "look" for my husband. I must say, the results were amazing! :tongue_smilie:

No! For starters, my dh hasn't even bought his own clothes for the last 17 years (and I'm going to assume his mother took care of it before I showed up because 2 years into our marriage she was still bringing over new socks and underwear for him :001_huh:). And further more, he'll wear the same darn thing day after day after day...until I tell him to do something about it.

And for enders, I don't want to know how he'd dress me. Really. I know he likes dresses, and I do, too, so I wear dresses/skirts sometimes. Beyond that, I really don't think I could abide by him critiquing my taste in clothes.

Huh. What an odd thing to realize and admit. I had no idea I took my style so personally!