Menu

The last book I read aloud to my child was....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some solar system book that bored me so much, I couldn't finish it. Anyone have a rec for a good grammar stage book(and early grammar at that) about the solar system?

????

I second the Magic School Bus - they have picture and chapter books on the solar system. We just finished the chapter book about the solar system and Pluto was still a planet because the books are from the 90's.

and it was Dr Suess's Green Eggs and Ham. The kids had been going through some books in the attic and found a couple of Dr Suess books. They then went on about it being their favorite books and how they loved how their dad read it. So my 6"4" 135lb son and my 5"5" 105lb daughter got up on their father's lap in his recliner and had him read the book to them not once but twice and then they took turns reading it. It was such a sight.

I love it! I hope you took pictures!

The Search for Delicious (in the middle of it) to my 9 y/o.

The last books I read to my toddler were about potty training, and they were last week! He used to bring me books constantly, but not really anymore and I don't think I've read to him since then. Dad reads him books before bedtime. I'll have to see if I can get him to sit still for a few minutes for a book!

We are reading today from Bury my Bones, but Keep my Words, African Tales for the Retelling and trying to finish up My Name is not Angelica (Scott O'Dell). These are readings from prior weeks that we just haven't finished up yet.

We are reading Bertholdt's Mother Courage and her Children (about the 30 Years War). This is from last week.

I am still reading from Treasure Island when we get a chance.

I am reading from a book called Year of the Dragon (I think), which purports to be a diary of a person traveling through China in the last 1700's and details all the info they learned about dragons while there. This book is for this week and I just started it yesterday....

Which Way to the Wild West? (bigs, couple of weeks ago)

Baby's 123 (2yo, last night)

Are You My Mother? (3yo, a few nights ago)

Technically, we're still in the middle of The Secret Garden, but we haven't read in that book since the beginning of the summer. Need to catch up!

We're slacking in the read alouds department. Yesterday I read Rapunzel to the 6, 4 and 2 yr olds. Then today we read in an Usborne Discovery book about cheetahs (for the 4 yr old's letter C study). I guess everyone technically listened in on that as we were in the school room and even the eldest ones can't help but listen. hehe But it was directed toward the 4 and 2 yr olds :)

Technically, we're still in the middle of The Secret Garden, but we haven't read in that book since the beginning of the summer. Need to catch up!

Aubrey, if you don't already have it, there's a beautifully illustrated it that made it a lot more fun to read (for both of us).

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Garden-Frances-Hodgson-Burnett/dp/0763631612/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1287517778&sr=8-5

Today, I read: 2 chapters of The Witch Of Blackbird Pond (taking turns reading aloud with my daughter) and 3 chapters of On The Banks Of Plum Creek aloud to my daughter.

To my son, I read from "Little People Big Book About: Holidays And Celebrations." And also the story "The Golden Goose" from the Oak Meadow First Book Of Fairy Tales.