Menu

What's for dinner tonight?

Pork chops, baked potatoes, tomato salad and cucumbers. The pork chop recipe is super easy and sooooo good. Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet. Add 1/4 cup soy sauce. Saute a small chopped onion and 2 crushed cloves of garlic in the butter/soy sauce mixture. Put pork chops in skillet, cooking covered for 8-10 minutes on each side and then about 10 more minutes.

Chicken tostados with tons of red and green peppers from the garden and a black bean and corn salsa. I also just made some brushetta - it doesn't go with the meal, but I have too many tomatoes. For dessert blueberry little "fried" pies, except I don't fry mine.

We call it fancy pizza.

Puff pastry cut into squares just larger than the tomato slice. Top with tomato slice, leaf of basil, salt/pepper, slice of fresh mozzarella, drizzle of olive oil. We're also having a salad of canteloupe and just-picked blackberries.

This is a back-by-popular-demand recipe that I made-up once b/c I had left-over puff pastry.

Guest Virginia Dawn

baked chicken thighs coated with a recipe from hillbilly housewife, spinach rice, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes (from the garden), and homemade blueberry pie for dessert.

I'm thinking about chicken tempura, cold soba noodles, and stir-fried baby bok choy. I'd need to stop by the Asian market for the bok choy. And some of my favorite green tea. And maybe mochi ice cream for dessert!

Wendi

Well, great! Now I've got awesome sounding ideas to take me into next week! Rockin'.

I ended up emptying out my cupboards and fridge - I boiled a bag of rotini, chopped some red and green peppers, spring onions, pea pods, zucchini, grape tomatoes, asiago cheese, and julienned some carrots. Then I added a whole bunch of basil leaves and made a lemon garlic vinaigrette to go over it. I roasted a head of garlic with some olive oil to smear on a baguette. Oh, and watermelon.

Haven't eaten it yet, though. Here's hoping it tastes good!

Well, great! Now I've got awesome sounding ideas to take me into next week! Rockin'.

I ended up emptying out my cupboards and fridge - I boiled a bag of rotini, chopped some red and green peppers, spring onions, pea pods, zucchini, grape tomatoes, asiago cheese, and julienned some carrots. Then I added a whole bunch of basil leaves and made a lemon garlic vinaigrette to go over it. I roasted a head of garlic with some olive oil to smear on a baguette. Oh, and watermelon.

Haven't eaten it yet, though. Here's hoping it tastes good!

Wow, that sounds pretty good for last minute. :001_smile:

Chicken fajitas with pico de gallo made from the garden and a side of black beans. Still contemplating dessert. Maybe honey peaches.

I made chicken fajitas too! But I made my own tortillas (forgot to buy them at the store today) and they were small, so they turned into "soft tacos" LOL

Avocado and tomato, but no pico de gallo or black beans.

I don't do dessert on weeknights, generally but would love to know what honey peaches are :)