Menu

Urgent prayer request

Thank you SO much everyone. Still no news. We were at the ER for an hour and there were still three people ahead of dh. He sent me home to be with the kids. He'll call if they let him go. I have the feeling they'll admit him. He has a history of diverticulitis, but he had no stomach pain this time.

His fever was finally breaking when I left. But that was after both Advil and Tylenol.

Thank you SO much everyone. Still no news. We were at the ER for an hour and there were still three people ahead of dh. He sent me home to be with the kids. He'll call if they let him go. I have the feeling they'll admit him. He has a history of diverticulitis, but he had no stomach pain this time.

His fever was finally breaking when I left. But that was after both Advil and Tylenol.

You are so sweet to update! :grouphug: Prayers will continue for your dh and for energy and strength for you. :grouphug:

Oh no! Gosh, that is really high for an adult! Please keep us updated on what the docs say when they see him.

I know! It was so weird the way it happened. I was at a baseball game with my three youngest. Dh had gone home not feeling well. AFter the game was over, my oldest called me from home saying that dh was acting weird. Sounded like he was hallucinating. Scary stuff. I had walked to the game with my kids and couldn't make it home for about 20 minutes. So, I had a neighbor check on him. Meanwhile, I needed to find a ride home from the game because my 9 yo was hit by a pitch on the ankle and he wasn't able to walk home.

Very confusing. Dh was acting more normal when I got home and we doped him up on Advil. That didn't work after an hour, so we have him Tylenol.

I know! It was so weird the way it happened. I was at a baseball game with my three youngest. Dh had gone home not feeling well. AFter the game was over, my oldest called me from home saying that dh was acting weird. Sounded like he was hallucinating. Scary stuff. I had walked to the game with my kids and couldn't make it home for about 20 minutes. So, I had a neighbor check on him. Meanwhile, I needed to find a ride home from the game because my 9 yo was hit by a pitch on the ankle and he wasn't able to walk home.

Very confusing. Dh was acting more normal when I got home and we doped him up on Advil. That didn't work after an hour, so we have him Tylenol.

What an evening! :grouphug: I hope both your dh and ds are both fine by morning.

That Advil/Tylenol cocktail is wonderful. I don't even bother with one or the other for fever any more. I take/give both at the same time initially.

They admitted him to the hospital. They did a CAT scan on his abdomen to check for his diverticulitis, but it's a very small inflammation and they aren't sure that's what's causing the fever or not.

So, keep praying please!!

Praying, Jennifer!! Keep us posted!

No new update. They are trying to rule out everything it possibly could be. We should know more in a couple hours. My mom just called and mentioned heat stroke. Dh was outside most of the day yesterday and it was hot and humid. So, I wonder if that could have been it. If so, I'm REALLY glad I took him to the ER.

Chris - Thanks for asking about d.s.' ankle. It's very swollen and purple. He is putting a little weight on it though. So, we're going to play this one by ear today after ice and compression.

No new update. They are trying to rule out everything it possibly could be. We should know more in a couple hours. My mom just called and mentioned heat stroke. Dh was outside most of the day yesterday and it was hot and humid. So, I wonder if that could have been it. If so, I'm REALLY glad I took him to the ER.

Chris - Thanks for asking about d.s.' ankle. It's very swollen and purple. He is putting a little weight on it though. So, we're going to play this one by ear today after ice and compression.

:grouphug:Praying for resolve.:grouphug: