Menu

Are dads allowed?

Guest Tranquility

Guest Tranquility

My wife, Night Elf, told me that there are only a few men who post on this board. I have never participated on a homeschool board before, but she thinks I'd like this one. We've been homeschooling for about 8 years, I think, and I'm fairly active in the kids education.

Just wanted to introduce myself a bit.

Martin

Do I need a more manly avatar? My wife did that! :)

My wife, Night Elf, told me that there are only a few men who post on this board. I have never participated on a homeschool board before, but she thinks I'd like this one. We've been homeschooling for about 8 years, I think, and I'm fairly active in the kids education.

Just wanted to introduce myself a bit.

Martin

If that is a tea pot, I am going to have to giggle. :lol:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! We need a bigger Men's Club here--I so enjoy posts by Plaid Dad, Spy Car, and the Rugeert (I KNOW that's not spelled right!) as well as the other dads.

And I have a suspicion that your wife knew exactly what she was doing, choosing a tea set as your avatar...Have her tell you about booKs, too...:D

You don't need a more manly one - no one on this board thinks tea is unmanly - but you might want one that will cause less giggling among us. Yes, we are referencing a board joke and channelling our inner 12-year-olds, sorry! :D.

Welcome! We are probably nearing half-a-dozen men who are regular posters, and more who mostly lurk.

Welcome aboard. Dads are always welcome. I like the username but I really want to know if she suggested the avatar as well and if so if she has informed you about certain board venacular regarding tea. Anyway, feel free to jump in. A male perspective is always helpful and interesting.

:lol: You know, I swear I totally forgot about that! Honestly and truly!! We were thinking of user names and avatar pictures and we love Britcoms so much that I thought about tea! So yes, we're going to change it now. :blushing:

Maybe it was lurking there in my subconscious? Egads!

:lol: You know, I swear I totally forgot about that! Honestly and truly!! We were thinking of user names and avatar pictures and we love Britcoms so much that I thought about tea! So yes, we're going to change it now. :blushing:

Maybe it was lurking there in my subconscious? Egads!

Admit it. You just wanted to brag about the quality of the tea he provides. :lol: