1. 1. Who has the best fast food?

• McDonalds
    • Wendys
    • KFC
    • Taco Bell
    • Burger King
    • Arbys
    • Other

Which place do you and/or your family prefer?

Not only do I love Chick-fil-A, but they have wonderful stuff with kids' meals like books and chapter books on CD.

I do appreciate the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combos as my kids won't eat Mexican much. And Panda Express is good.

Around here, I've grown fond of Mos Burgers. Their Ebi fillet is really good. Ebi fillet are a shrimp patty. Hard to describe but very tasty.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)

After reading Fast Food Nation we are *very* picky about our quick-y choices.

When in the South West: In-N-Out (uses fresh food, family owned)

When in the North West: Burgerville (wind powered, locally sourced in-season food)

When in TX: Chik-Fil-A is as good as we can do (good employee practices)

And in every town we ask for local Taquerias... the food is usually fresh, the business family-owned, and is cheap and soooooo yummy!

I remember their blackberry shakes. Makes me so happy when I see them mentioned. For years, there were lots of Burgervilles in town but almost no McDonalds.

We don't have any of these cool ones in the northeast, but in our travels around the country we've come to love Sonic and Baja Fresh. Oh, and DD can spot a Dairy Queen Brazier sign four miles away. :tongue_smilie:

Astrid

LOOOOOVE Baja Fresh, though our closest one closed down. We also have Moe's, which doesn't quite replace Baja Fresh for me, but it's 5 minutes away. I love Panera too, but I can make sandwiches, salads, and soup at home for way cheaper, so I have a hard time spending money there unless we're out and need to eat unexpectedly!

Let's see, McDonald's...Have ya seen "Supersize Me"? Arby's, tastes good but the when the "roast" comes out of the oven, it's gross.(My niece worked at Arby's) I love the horsey sauce. KFC my hubby has gotten food poisoning a couple of times (he has an iron stomach) when he's on the road and gets hungry for chicken. Taco Bell, inexpensive and I've heard very clean. We frequent it, get a little tired of it but it has never made us sick so I would rate it #1 from the choices given. I got "poisoned" by Carl's Jr. eating an innocent chicken salad. Was taken by ambulance to the hospital where I remained on IV's for 3 days. My hubby had to hose me off in the bath tub. Love In 'n out Burger, but is that healthy? Probably the healthiest we eat at is Panera Bread; it's fast and good, a little expensive but you don't have to tip.

I remember their blackberry shakes. Makes me so happy when I see them mentioned. For years, there were lots of Burgervilles in town but almost no McDonalds.

We are road-tripping this weekend, and the blackberry shakes should be in season... I will have one in your honor!

We like Burgerville too. But I'll tell ya, it just about breaks the bank when we take the whole family.

My oldest had a baby last week. Before we visited her in the hospital, I called and asked her what she would like to order from Burgerville. Forget hospital food. She wanted fried halibut. :)

10+ years ago, we camped across the USA. I thought it was funny that every small town in the mid-west had a Pizza Hut even if there was no other fast food chain in town.

While I don't really care for fast food, I voted Wendy's b/c it's the only fast food place that my ds1 can eat at with his multiple food allergies.

:iagree:

Wendy's is the only place on the list I can eat anymore with my own multiple food allergies. I didn't vote, though, it was not my favorite when I could eat anywhere, that would have been Chick-fil-A.

There are plenty of places now that we are in California! I missed Baja Fresh in Arkansas, yummy fast food that I can eat and fairly healthy. (We had them in the Northern VA area where I was before Arkansas.)

While I don't really care for fast food, I voted Wendy's b/c it's the only fast food place that my ds1 can eat at with his multiple food allergies.

:thumbup:

This is true for our youngest daughter as well!! It's the only fast food she can eat.

We don't have one in our rural area, but there's one 30 minutes away "in town"....so we always stop there when we're doing our weekly shopping.

and we will not eat at the normal chains anymore- McD's, BK, Wendy's, TB, etc. The movie "Supersize Me" did it for me. Yuck.

Places we will eat:

Subway, Panera, Steak and Shake, Moe's, Chipotle

My all out favorites are In and Out where the fries are really potatoes and Jamba Juice. But we no longer live in CA so Steak and Shake is the cloesest thing we've got. Nothing even close to Jamba Juice in OH.

Edited by Marie in Oh

Just wondering, what are McD's/ Burger King/ Wendy's/ etc. fries made of? I'm assuming you meant fries.

From the McDonald's website:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent).

Yes, there are potatoes in there-- sort of a reconstituted, sort of instant boxed potato-like substance coated with a bunch of stuff I can't even pronounce that was made in a test tube. :glare:

At "In and Out" you watch the potatoes go through a slicer and instantly into the fryer. There are the "Real Thing." :)

those fear-mongering books and movies don't phase us. ;)

I voted Arby's cuz i love their cheese-y melts and curly fries.

Subway is another favorite.

Wendy's dollar bacon burgers are yummy.

I'll eat McD's or BK.

yeah....that BK King icks me out too.....

dh likes Whataburger and Jack in the Box.

In San Antonio, we hit Bill Miller.

We have two regional chains around here called Taco Bueno and Braum's. Taco Bueno beats Taco Bell hands-down; I could be addicted to the stuff. Braum's is a burger joint that also sells their own ice cream and has a small grocery store in each location. I doubt I'd live without either of these...

Taco Bueno was one of the things I missed about OK during our "exile"...that, and Taco Mayo!!

Another vote for In-N-Out. Though we don't get to eat there anymore since we moved out of California. I really miss that place.

I will get myself Chick-Fil-A (and it is delicious!), but my kids can't eat there due to allergies...bummer!

Our other favorite choice is Quiznos. Their toasty torpedos are quite tasty and pretty cheap.

We don't do Burger King very often. And Chipotle, while very good, we haven't gone back to after my mom found a nasty bug in her chicken burrito. Gross!

who can forget those small-town staples, DairyQueen and A&W? Every single town we traveled to for hockey last winter had an A&W. I ate aLOT of Teen Burgers (no bacon)... I don't want to know what's in the sauce that makes them so addictive. Probably a gazillion teaspoons of sugar or something. :drool:

Zippy's! (I grew up in HI.)

Actually, that was a very long time ago. Our family mostly eats Wendy's because dh can get a low carb meal that he likes. We also like Chik-fil-A. Both ds's hate BK so much they refuse to eat there. On a recent trip to the northeast they chose not to eat rather than eat BK. That was a 2-hour wait since there were only BK's on that drive!

Cinder