Menu

Where did you attend college/university?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local community colleges (Santa Ana, Coastline (on-line) and Costa Mesa) then San Francisco State, Chapman College (BA), UCLA (MA) and Northwestern (Phd ABD - had twins, one with autism, and never did get that dissertation finished.)

All in the late 70's - mid 8'0s (years - not my age!!!!;);))

I went from a low - C high school student (I HATED school) to a straight A full-scholarship NU grad. student. As soon as I got away from high school and into cc my grades shot up. What a difference.

they renamed it to Mary Washington University. They thought it better described the institution as they now have a graduate school.

Funny College of William and Mary has a law school and they are still known as a *college*. No, I'm fine with the name change! really!

I went to the local university. The University of Alabama in Huntsville (a.k.a. UAH). I graduated in '93 with a B.S.B.A. and have taken several other classes over the years there in programming, computer classes, and French.

Sadly, unlike other people, my college years weren't fun because it was like high school all over again. :( I sure hope my kids have a better experience!

University of Missouri at Kansas City

Not your traditional college campus. Very few students lived on campus and most were older and working full time while taking classes. Still loved it and went on to the law school there for 2 years until I decided I didn't want to be a lawyer. :tongue_smilie:

On other forums I use "tOSU" to annoy the non-Buckeye fans too ...

I'll have to remember that one!

Where did you live on campus? (We can continue pm if you want--)

I lived in the Towers back when there were 4 in a room and 16 in a suite, with 5 suites on a floor!

I then moved to Baker Hall for the next 3 years--what a cool dorm.

University of North Texas for 3 1/2 years...dropped out and joined the Navy in 1994 :D

Since then, I have accumulated way too many hours from various schools... University of Texas at Arlington, University of Hawaii, The George Washington University (Associate's Degree), and currently American Public University.... hmmm...maybe I should try to "finish" this degree:confused:

a few years at Lipscomb Univ. (private, Christian liberal arts in Nashville)

finished as writing major at UT Knoxville (that's TN, not TX!) to follow dh who was there for architecture; turned out to be a good move for me in more ways than one--great English dept.!

--UC Santa Barbara & UC Santa Cruz when it still had under 10,000 students and regents threatened to close it for having too few students. I liked having professors talk with students in a small class setting. The huge auditoriums with microphones and a professor on a stage seemed so impersonal.

I went from a low - C high school student (I HATED school) to a straight A full-scholarship NU grad. student. As soon as I got away from high school and into cc my grades shot up. What a difference.

Why did you hate high school? Was it boring? Was it the environment?

My dh struggled mightily in high school. Almost didn't finish at all. Years later, when he found his niche in college, he wound up on the dean's and president's lists! I think it was maturity for him . . .