Menu

Where did you attend college/university?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they renamed it to Mary Washington University. They thought it better described the institution as they now have a graduate school.

Funny College of William and Mary has a law school and they are still known as a *college*. No, I'm fine with the name change! really!

I went to Mary Washington! Class of '87!

From which class are you?

And I protested against the new name by withholding my donation.

Louise

Ithaca College in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York.

I studied music, and unfortunately

:cheers2:

a little too much of that, too.

:glare:

A friend of mine is sending her daughter there this fall. Seems like a great little town.

Every time I see these threads I wonder why I waited so long to have a kid! Anyway:

BA, Sociology--Finally graduated from Northeastern Illinois University after a mash up of other places--hey, I was a hippie--1975

MA, Social Service Administration, University of Chicago, 1977. Wish I'd been there the whole time, hope dd will be.

Sigh, I'm old enough to be my daughter's grandmother. But it's a "family tradition"--my mom had her one and only at 40, too.

Danielle

2 of my friends graduated from Mt. Holyoke College

When were you at Northeastern? My cousin went there in the early 80s - she probably graduated around 84 or 85.

Me: I have a few credits with the University of the Nations (campuses all over the world). It's part of a mission org. I used to work with.

Go Salukis!

I was there when it was ranked the #1 party school in the nation. I'm so proud. ;)

They were also #1 in football in whatever division they were in.

There were 3 Pams on the gymnastics team while I was there... I was one of them.

Every time I see these threads I wonder why I waited so long to have a kid! Anyway:

BA, Sociology--Finally graduated from Northeastern Illinois University after a mash up of other places--hey, I was a hippie--1975

MA, Social Service Administration, University of Chicago, 1977. Wish I'd been there the whole time, hope dd will be.

Sigh, I'm old enough to be my daughter's grandmother. But it's a "family tradition"--my mom had her one and only at 40, too.

Danielle

Me too. I graduated college in 1982.

Hi! From another oldie.

I attended Hamilton College in upstate New York for a year. Then I transfered to the College of William and Mary. I loved Williamsburg, but haven't been back since my college roommate's wedding in '92. I'm hoping to make a visit there in the autumn, though.

Anyone else from W&M?

Smith College then finished at Colorado State University.

Smith College had some wonderful traditions, Friday afternoon tea and Thursday night candlelight suppers.

CSU was weird. They called me a non-traditional student just because I was married already and yet they still wanted to know my parent's income to consider for financial aid! Huh?!

BS from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (the Quakers, I'm not kidding)

MBA from the Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administracion (so I'm also one of only a few gringo yesaboys in existence)

Non-degree program for adults in philosophy at the Universidad Simon Bolivar (no mascot, no nickname for old boys, just a tremendous sense of our superiority to the Universidad Central de Venezuela)

University of Missouri at Kansas City

Not your traditional college campus. Very few students lived on campus and most were older and working full time while taking classes. Still loved it and went on to the law school there for 2 years until I decided I didn't want to be a lawyer. :tongue_smilie:

Me, too! I even started law school, also, but decided to get a Master's degree instead.

My DH did the 6-year BA/MD program at UMKC. It was great for him, but it definitely makes for a very young doctor!

University of Mississippi (1983-1985)

University of South Carolina (1988-1990), BS Math and Statistics

University of Alaska Fairbanks (1991-1994) MS Math/Stats

Mississippi State University (1995-1996) Teacher Certificate

North Carolina State University (2007-?) graduate study in Math Education

Plus I took a class here and there a few other places we were stationed. GRIN.

I went to NC State for 2 years, East Carolina for one semester(LOL) and then graduated from UNC-Asheville. I took classes for one semester at Cascadia CC in WA state too! I had to stop going there for computer classes b/c I got pregnant with my son. :tongue_smilie: Too bad, b/c I was making all A's !!

My dd will graduate from ECU in December, and I've commuted into NCSU for grad school. We live in Greenville. :) My younger dd is concurrently enrolled at Pitt CC.

First two years at the University of Maryland's satallite branches overseas (Germany & Japan) and the final two years at SUNY Buffalo.

I did about two years of coursework with UMUC when I was in Okinawa. I had a year @ Towson State University in MD before that. When I returned to the states, I got a waiver to finish my degree requirements at Towson State, then University of Baltimore. But my degree is from UMUC.

Brigham Young University

I got a BS in chemistry in 2000, then stuck around to do a master's while waiting for dh to graduate. But then I got pregnant with dd and lost what little motivation I had for lab work. Maybe someday I'll get me one of those advanced degrees. . . :)

When were you at Northeastern? My cousin went there in the early 80s - she probably graduated around 84 or 85.

Me: I have a few credits with the University of the Nations (campuses all over the world). It's part of a mission org. I used to work with.

at that time. I graduated 1986 but do you know how BIG NU is? I graduated from the College of Pharmacy & Allied Health in Medical Lab Science.

at that time. I graduated 1986 but do you know how BIG NU is? I graduated from the College of Pharmacy & Allied Health in Medical Lab Science.

I know, I visited her one time while she was there. She was a phys. ed or physical therapy major, I think...and she may have gotten a nursing degree there later on, but I'm not sure.

1 year at UNT (I was a TAMSter), 1993-94.

WTAMU in Canyon, TX, spring 2002-spring 2003.

I started Arizona State University in Fall 2004, graduated in Fall 2006 with a B.A. in Anthropology with a minor in Biology.

Except for that first year, the G.I. Bill/NCF footed most of the bill.

I plan on starting law school in fall 2010, hopefully at ASU.

University of Mississippi (1983-1985)

University of South Carolina (1988-1990), BS Math and Statistics

University of Alaska Fairbanks (1991-1994) MS Math/Stats

Mississippi State University (1995-1996) Teacher Certificate

North Carolina State University (2007-?) graduate study in Math Education

Plus I took a class here and there a few other places we were stationed. GRIN.

University of MS here, too BBA and MBA '94 & '95